Electrical Water Pageant from the beach

ksueboo

Mouseketeer
The plan is to park at the TTC, eat at Trail's End Buffet at 5:40 PM, and boat over to the Polynesian to watch the Fireworks and see the Electric Water Pageant from the beach there. We have seen the pageant before, from a ferry, so we do know what to expect. However, we are not guests of the Poly. I just want to be sure that hanging out on their beach isn't frowned upon. If not, when we get off the ferry where is the best place to go? Is the beach crowded? Thanks for your help!

The plan is to park at the TTC, eat at Trail's End Buffet at 5:40 PM, and boat over to the Polynesian to watch the Fireworks and see the Electric Water Pageant from the beach there. We have seen the pageant before, from a ferry, so we do know what to expect. However, we are not guests of the Poly. I just want to be sure that hanging out on their beach isn't frowned upon. If not, when we get off the ferry where is the best place to go? Is the beach crowded? Thanks for your help!

You can do it. Disney has no issues with it, and no one else there will know anyway--not that they have any say either.

You can do it. Disney has no issues with it, and no one else there will know anyway--not that they have any say either.

anyone know what time the water parade starts? We will be catching wishes from the beach after a dinner at ohana and I had no idea when the water parade comes by..... :confused3

laborrn2 said:
anyone know what time the water parade starts? We will be catching wishes from the beach after a dinner at ohana and I had no idea when the water parade comes by..... :confused3

9:00p for Poly if I recall correctly.

If you are eating at Trail's End at FW why not watch the water pageant from their beach?

There is usually a pretty good number of people on the Poly beach but still plenty of space. Nobody knows (or cares) if you are staying at Poly or not.

Also agree with mesa that time is 9:00.

If you are eating at Trail's End at FW why not watch the water pageant from their beach?

Also its not easy to get from the TTC to FW. You have to get to the MK and then take a boat to FW and reverse going back.

There is no direct transportation between the TTC and FW.

There is usually a pretty good number of people on the Poly beach but still plenty of space. Nobody knows (or cares) if you are staying at Poly or not.

Actually, unless it's July 3-4, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, (or maybe one or two other holiday events) there are relatively few guests on that massive Poly beach.

Poly-CU-Basic_081312.jpg

Just back from our 3rd stay at the Poly. Our kids LOVE watching electrical water pageant from the beach. It is generally not crowded on the beach, but if you want an actual chair...you should get there by 8:30. Make sure you are on the largest beach, near the volcano pool....not the smaller, more secluded beach that is closer to the TTC....I think the one near the volcano pool has a better vantage point for the EWP

9pm - electrical water pageant begins at the Poly

Note: if it is a 9pm MK Wishes fireworks night, they may not play the Electrical Water Pageant music b/c it conflicts w/the Wishes music being piped in. It is better to do the EWP on a night that Hallowishes is scheduled for 9:30 or Wishes is scheduled for 10pm so you can see/enjoy both fully.

I think you can enjoy the EWP from Ft. Wilderness....but I don't think you can see Wishes from there.

not trying to hijack the thread here, but looking at Robo's map provoked another question! After Wishes from the Poly beach, what's the quickest way back to TTC with tired kiddos?

laborrn2 said:
not trying to hijack the thread here, but looking at Robo's map provoked another question! After Wishes from the Poly beach, what's the quickest way back to TTC with tired kiddos?

Walking is quickest. I don't think I would bother with the monorail even with tired little ones--the TTC just isn't that far.

Just stay off my hammock if you go.....

:)
Btw its never that crowded at all, the beach is huge, and its a great way to see Wishes too.

Teensy threadjack ... :blush:

Is this also true for the Contemporary? My younger son and I are going to do the Pirates & Pals cruise one night and DH and older son are going to hang out at the Contemporary ... eat some snacks, go to the arcade and hopefully watch the pageant and fireworks from the beach while they wait for us.

Jays2013 said:
Teensy threadjack ... :blush:

Is this also true for the Contemporary? My younger son and I are going to do the Pirates & Pals cruise one night and DH and older son are going to hang out at the Contemporary ... eat some snacks, go to the arcade and hopefully watch the pageant and fireworks from the beach while they wait for us.

No beach at Contemporary that I know of. But there are locations there you can see both Wishes and EWP with no problem.

EWP is usually on the Bay Like side of the Contemporary at 10:15pm. I'm not sure if it's visible / audible on the Seven Seas Lagoon side, though it does show towards MK at one point during the night.

I particularly enjoyed the patriotic salute at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter