• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electric Water Pageant

kelgod09

Earning My Ears
In a couple weeks (beginning of May), will we have any problem going over to the Poly from MK for a Dole Whip or a drink and to watch the Electric Water Pageant on the beach? We are not staying there, but thought it might be a fun little break. Also, how do we get there from MK- monorail, boat?
Thanks for any help in advance, getting close and soooooo excited!!!!

Great, thanks! Was just concerned about not being a guest there and about all the construction!

Just be aware that the Dole Whip may be the highlight of the experience. Some would post that you shouldn't go out of your way to see it.

I know it's nothing fancy, just looking for something different to do with DH- it's definitely more about riding the boat over, seeing the hotel & sitting on the beach with a Dole Whip!

I know it's nothing fancy, just looking for something different to do with DH- it's definitely more about riding the boat over, seeing the hotel & sitting on the beach with a Dole Whip!

Just so you know going in what to expect, have a Dole Whip for me. :thumbsup2

We unexpectedly caught the Electric Water Pageant two years ago after dinner at Ohana - it actually was pretty magical for us. Beautiful night, we had a drink, and were remembering seeing it as kids. So I would recommend it.

We unexpectedly caught the Electric Water Pageant two years ago after dinner at Ohana - it actually was pretty magical for us. Beautiful night, we had a drink, and were remembering seeing it as kids. So I would recommend it.

Thank you for your comment, so many people think it's 'not worth it,' but I have memories of it as a kid also, so am looking forward to the nostalgia and a nice, romantic moment with the hubs!

I caught it by accident when I was staying at the Floridian once. I heard noise close by, so I walked outside and saw it. Definitely neat to see. Not worth going out of your way I wouldn't say, but if you're in the area or looking for something different I recommend it. Plus, you can then relax on the beach to enjoy it, making it all the better :)

Just be aware that the Dole Whip may be the highlight of the experience. Some would post that you shouldn't go out of your way to see it.

Some would say that, however I say go see it. I found it cute, plus I liked the music.

It's short, loud and the lights are pretty elementary but still, it's one of those things that I figured I'd do at least once (I was staying at WL), but I found myself unable to NOT watch if I was there when it went by.

Sitting by water, relaxing in te evening with pretty lit boats going by? Yeah, totally worth it to me, but I'm a complete beach/boat fanatic! Perfect arrival night activity for us(making notes now!).

I love the EWP! I just think it's cute and try to catch it at least once every visit to WDW. I just don't get people telling others to not even bother watching it.

I love the Wilderness Lodge so at least one evening each trip I take the boat there from MK, have a couple of cocktails in the Territory Lounge, then go down and watch it from the beach. I'm often there alone, or only with one or two other groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter