Electric Razor Advice for a 13 year old boy

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by floridascgirl, Mar 11, 2011.

1. floridascgirl

floridascgirl DIS Veteran

I can't believe it, but my son will be 13 in two weeks and we are planning on getting him an electric razor. He has developed quite a moustache and desperately needs to shave! :scared1: We promised him that he could begin on his 13 birthday.

I'm nervous about him using a regular razor...we really don't want to go through the drama of a cut lip. Does anyone have any electric razor recommendations? We're not looking to spend a lot of money, but we don't want a cheap one that may not do the job well.

Thanks! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. My3kiddos

My3kiddos DIS Veteran

I don't really have any recommendations, but I do know that using an electric razor gets some getting used to because it pulls the hair to get a closer shave (I could be wrong but that's what I've been told by the men I know that use one). I had to comment though because my son had the cut lip trauma when we were at Disney this past October. He has refused to shave since :lmao:

4. floridascgirl

:laughing:

5. Soben

Soben Mouseketeer

I have an 11 1/2 year old and I am so not ready for these things!!

6. BridgetBordeaux

BridgetBordeaux DIS Veteran

DH has a Norelco. It is the rotary kind. The standard model is about 40 dollars at Amazon. That is what he started with when he was young.

7. floridascgirl

Thanks for the lead. I hadn't thought of looking on Amazon. I remember seeing them at Bed, Bath and Beyond over the holidays and thinking that they were expensive. I don't remember the brand (also they might have been re-chargeable) but they were around $150 or maybe more.

8. JB2K

JB2K DIS Veteran

That sort of thing is usually more expensive at a "non-traditional" retailer such as BB&B.

If you're shopping for a Norelco, Amazon.com, Target, and Walmart are good places to start.

9. sherry7

sherry7 DIS Veteran