• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Electical parade

Grumpy~N~Dopey

Mouseketeer
I heard a rumor that the electrical parade is returning late summer or fall to DL!!! Anyone know if this is true??

I've seen this rumor too ! I really hope it's true. In WDW I grew up on it and was lucky enough to see it in DCA a few years back before it disappeared again. I really feel it's a treasure and one of my fondest memories of Disney as a child. In hopes they bring it back...heres my contribution :

674_zps3f77c199.jpg

;)

I hope it's true too! I grew up loving that parade and was so heartbroken when to sent it to WDW. I miss that parade so much!

I have been hearing this for years now. I will believe it when I see it, and I hope I see it. It is pretty much the only parade I think worth watching.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards

I've seen this rumor too ! I really hope it's true. In WDW I grew up on it and was lucky enough to see it in DCA a few years back before it disappeared again. I really feel it's a treasure and one of my fondest memories of Disney as a child. In hopes they bring it back...heres my contribution
;)

What is cute about your post is that the Main Street Electrical Parade began on Main Street at Disneyland.

mqdefault.jpg

Then it was retired -- much to the disappointment of those who loved it (self included).

Then it appeared on Main Street at WDW a few years later.

Then, after a few years of DCA struggling, Disney brought the MSEP back to DLR, but had to rename it The Electrical Parade (which is the picture you have posted), because it was no longer on Main Street -- again, much to the chagrin of those who loved and adored this amazing parade. But at least it was back in California.

Then it was sent again to WDW's Magic Kingdom. :(

The rumors of its return to DLR have been numerous over the years and I'm not sure if there is anyone out there who would love to see it happen more than me (okay, probably a few that are tied with me :goodvibes ) as it is easily THE best Disney parade ever.

Someday....

One can dream,
Dreams

P.S. On our visit to WDW this last October we watch the parade 4 times in 8 days. Yeah, I miss it.

Hmmmm.....just saw in Feb at WDW. I wonder why they didn't send Spectromagic out west when MSEP came to WDW? It's been fun seeing it again, but I do like Spectromagic too so it wouldn't bother me if they brought Spectro back to WDW and MSEP back out west. The light parade has always been my favorite!

Yeah it was a great parade. It was such a thrilling ending to a day at Dland. We have an old VHS (one produced by Disney which we bought in the parks years and years ago) that shows the whole parade as well as CM's getting ready in their dressing rooms before the parade. It highlights both the technical CMs checking all the lights and floats as well as the face characters putting on their makeup. Then it shows the whole darn parade, even the floats that went missing after the parade left Main Street the first time and then returned. I keep one last operating VHS machine in my house (though it's on it last legs) just to watch this tape from time to time. Can't watch it too often though as the Baroque Hoedown is a serious ear-worm. So what is the likelihood that it will be back again this year? I too hope the rumors are true, but I would say that if Disney planned to do it they would most likely have it ready to go to launch the summer promotion season rather than bring it back at the end of the summer and into the fall. Since we haven't heard anything concrete and summer season is fast approaching, it seems to me to be less likely true.

Disney Dreams said:
What is cute about your post is that the Main Street Electrical Parade began on Main Street at Disneyland.

Then it was retired -- much to the disappointment of those who loved it (self included).

Then it appeared on Main Street at WDW a few years later.

Then, after a few years of DCA struggling, Disney brought the MSEP back to DLR, but had to rename it The Electrical Parade (which is the picture you have posted), because it was no longer on Main Street -- again, much to the chagrin of those who loved and adored this amazing parade. But at least it was back in California.

Then it was sent again to WDW's Magic Kingdom. :(

The rumors of its return to DLR have been numerous over the years and I'm not sure if there is anyone out there who would love to see it happen more than me (okay, probably a few that are tied with me :goodvibes ) as it is easily THE best Disney parade ever.

Someday....

One can dream,
Dreams

P.S. On our visit to WDW this last October we watch the parade 4 times in 8 days. Yeah, I miss it.

Awwww, thank you for clarifying Dreams. I thought I was losing my mind. I grew up watching the parade in DLand. Obviously that just dates me and shows how old I really am :-)

I do miss the parade, I hope it makes it back so my little one can enjoy it here too because it IS the best Disney parade ever!

The parade that I remember (from WDW) was Spectromagic. I LOVED it so much. I'd much rather have one of these nighttime parades back rather than Fantasmic (which I saw last year at WDW and was less than impressed with. There's something so much more magical about all those lit up floats, etc. rolling down the street.

I would be so happy if this were true. I grew up watching it at DL and was lucky enough that my older girls got to watch it at DCA, but I would love for it return home. And for good!

Awwww, thank you for clarifying Dreams. I thought I was losing my mind. I grew up watching the parade in DLand. Obviously that just dates me and shows how old I really am :-)

I do miss the parade, I hope it makes it back so my little one can enjoy it here too because it IS the best Disney parade ever!

I think my post was kind of misunderstood..I just remember growing up with it in WDW , I believe I may have implied I thought it started there..which I didn't mean to..just that I only knew of WDW until i was almost 30..lol.

It makes sense it would originate from DL which is sad that it has rarely gone back as you mentioend Dreams. One can hope BOTH will have it again someday.

I loved seeing it at WDW 2 years ago - brought back so many great memories, especially with Elliot and Pete in the parade. That was the first movie I ever saw in the theater.

I keep one last operating VHS machine in my house (though it's on it last legs) just to watch this tape from time to time. ... I would say that if Disney planned to do it they would most likely have it ready to go to launch the summer promotion season rather than bring it back at the end of the summer and into the fall.

Two things: you can get VHS tapes converted to DVD many places, Costco among them. Then you can enjoy it forever.

And I think it would make more sense for Disney to bring it back after the summer promotion season. They'll get plenty of guests all summer long anyway, but in the fall when attendance starts to drop off they can roll out this bad boy and really pack folks into DL again in the evenings.

I remember when Disneyland had the Daytime parade (like Party Gras) and the nighttime parade, Main Street Electrical Parade. I hope that if/when they bring it back they'll continue with the two parade tradition.

I remember when Disneyland had the Daytime parade (like Party Gras) and the nighttime parade, Main Street Electrical Parade. I hope that if/when they bring it back they'll continue with the two parade tradition.

I completely agree! I've created traditions during the daytime parade with my own kids, so I'd hate to lose that. I would love to have both!

Aww, I really hope it's true. Hearing the first few notes of the main theme song makes me tingle a little. It was always my favorite part of DL when I was a kid.

Oh this would make my YEAR!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED that parade and would be so thrilled to share it with my kids! (never been to WDW but I want to share it on Main Streen in Disneyland where it belongs :) )

And to the PP who said to replace Fantansmic! with it- please no! Plenty of room for both! DL Fantasmic! is wonderful. I understand/hear the WDW doesn't begin to compare so please give the DL one a try.

I would be very excited if this were true! I grew up on that parade and would love a chance for my little ones to experience it :)

I really hope it's true!

We were lucky enough to catch it at DCA when it was there, then a few times at the MK... but to me it really belongs on Main Street in DL.:goodvibes

I would be so happy if they brought it back. I have never seen it in Disneyland. I did see it in Disney World back when I was 7. My kids would LOVE it and haven't seen it yet at all. It would be the perfect topper to our vacation to DL this August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter