El Pirata y El Perico

mking624

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if this has been open recently? My DH & I will be at MK for a day on April 8th and this is our favorite CS, but the last few years we've gone, it's been closed. Since it's still spring break season, I figured it might actually be open this time around...but just wanted some confirmation from anyone who has been there recently. TIA!

It was open late May of last year. Sadly we decided to have it for dinner (we weren't hungry when we passed it) and it had closed at 5pm when we went back for it later. :(

I think that it operates "seasonally" by Disney standards. I guess if they expect it to be crowded, they will open it to help with the crowds at meal times.

Yeah I know it's a seasonally opened restaurant, but apparently for that place, the definition of "seasonally" seems to change. We've been to WDW during busy times to find it open...only to go during another busy time to find it closed. We've been during slower times to find it open...but other slower times it was closed. I've read similar accounts on here as well.

I've never seen it open when I've gone in June :sad1: but in the "News" section of Dining on AllEars Net, it says this: El Pirata y El Perico , in the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland, is open from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and may remain open through the summer. So maybe...

We are here now, going to MK tomorrow and prob off and on all week..it is DH fav place so we will check to see if it is open and let ya know.

OT, so great bringing the lap top to WDW...while DH sleeps I can post dining reviews and pics!

We are here now, going to MK tomorrow and prob off and on all week..it is DH fav place so we will check to see if it is open and let ya know.

OT, so great bringing the lap top to WDW...while DH sleeps I can post dining reviews and pics!

That's awesome- thanks! Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

We'll be there for the PPP on Apr 4 (Friday).

OMG--Friday Friday Friday (happy ferret dance)

If I remember to post next weekend I will :)

Went to MK tonight, the weekly brochure for the park states that El Pirata y El Perico is open this week but just from 11-3.....DH is going for sure!

It was open a few weeks ago... March 9th to the 15th when I was there.

I appreciate all the answers!! Just a few more days until we're there...I SO hope it's open!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter