• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eight is more than enough go to Disney, news at 11(Day three)

disneykelly

Everquest/Disney addict
Ahhhh Animal Kingdom! I love this park!
It was a first for my brother and his family, and they were more than a little hesitant about going to a zoo park(in the end they consider this one of their favorites!)

We started off with a safari. We had the best driver i have ever experianced. Alot of emotion in his voice when he spoke about caring for the animals and our environment, he would stop the bus at all the good animal spots so people could just watch!!
It seemed like every one of the animals was out that day(i am convinced now that the gators are all fakes. That one has had his mouth open for the last year :p )
The only bad part was since we were on a wheelchair truck, they didnt wobble the bridge when we crossed it
:(
We decided to go see the Festival of the lion king, and while i ran back to ITTBAB to get fast passes the kids all got mickey icecreams and made a HUGE mess!!
As always, we got seated in the lion section. The stadium was packed to the gills and the performers seemed truly inspired in their performance! Lauren got to participate :jester: I looked over at her parents and they had tears in their eyes!! I have GOT to go see the broadway version to see if it is as emotional.

Next up was the bugs movie. I can never get enough of this one!(my favorite is claire de lune!!)
Everyone got a kick out of it, and about went nuts when the resident maggots and bugs were told to leave the seats! hehehehehehe

At this point i took my mom to the bus stop so she could visit with a friend in the area and joined the rest at the mcdonalds restaurant(i forget the name). I cannot believe how much they charge for the same food you get elsewhere for half the price!) I got fast passes to Dinosaur while the kids played in the boneyard(surprisingly they didn't care for it much(slides were too hot and you tend to stick to them with bare skin))

Time for Dinosaur! Hopped over to get the announcement, the ride is broken. No ETA. :confused:
It was starting to get late(well 5pm is late for AK :eek: )
but on my brothers insistance, we should go check the line for Kali river ride. I was sure there would be a mass of humanity waiting, since dino went down, but there was about all of a 5 minute wait!!
We were forced to use two different boats, as only one small child bar is equipped per boat :mad:
everyone got soaked! I elected to go off to the little smoking area near the monkey island to dry off, while the rest went on again. The girls ended up doing Kali 5 times. The last two they were allowed to stay on the boat as there was no line!!
At this point we collected ourselves and went back to relax at PO-R, as tonight is our one chance to catch fantasy in the sky at MK.
We probably went to MK later than we should, as spectromagic just broke up. MY GOD THE HUMANITY!!!
As we were trying to make our way up mainstreet everyone else was going the other way out of the park!!
We finally made it to our spot on the bridge to tommorowland with about 5 minutes to spare(that reads as just about 45 minutes from gate to bridge!).
Alas we heard those words "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls", the fireworks were soon to start!

I can say that the most magical moment of the trip was seeing Tinkerbell flying down from the castle, waving the whole way down! I caught a glimpse at my family staring in awe at tink, and i think a rush of emotions and memories was catching up with everyone

:D

The fireworks itself was good(though the freedom festival fireworks at the detroit/windsor border blow them away), but the highlight was seeing tink and watching the castle change colors.
Clark commented that he wouldn't make an effort to come back special for the fireworks again. I can concur.

-mini rant of the day-
After the fireworks, we sat on a bench for a while to let the crowds thin a bit. We made our way to the bus stop for POR to find a scene out of one's worst nightmare.
People stacked in a thick mass of confusion, with no semblance of order.
We had made our way halfway to the bus when someone asked us where were going. we told them and they let us know that the line was about 200 people back the way we came! There was no way to get back, and as we were making our way to the side to let everyone go, those around took pity and let us in line with them. I felt rotten, and it truly wasn't planned, but some people showed true kindness to us.
I can say the busses for DW after the fireworks needs MAJOR work to get it streamlined.
One last thing, i know the all star resorts are all large, but how do they each warrent their own bus at MK, when all of port orleans gets ONE BUS??
-end rant-

more to come!

LOL, I never noticed that about the gators...I'll have to check that out for myself next month.
It's Tough to be a Bug is my *favorite* in Animal Kingdom. I just love the end when the "bugs" crawl out first!

Fireworks sounded great, getting back to PO did not...
Thanks for posting!

Beth :p

Only 15 more days!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

They are African crocs and they are real. I have actually seen them move.
BTW did you know that there are American Crocs too.

I'm glad your family got to be a part of special moments with the kids. That's the best part of WDW.

I haven't seen any of the fireworks shows yet, but I plan to on my next trip:) the bus situation sounds awful:( Maybe it was just a bad night :bounce:

Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter