• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eight is more than enough go to Disney, news at 11(Day eight)

disneykelly

Everquest/Disney addict
same crew, about ready to go home now

Alas, all good things must come to an end. We all had one day left on our hoppers, and to my amazement, we decided not to use them.
The kids swam for most of the day, and i moped :(

The two older girls got a hair wrap done and spendt the rest of their disney dollars. Mom got the rest of her gift shopping done.

We got a late start getting on our way to the airport, and for the first time, i got lost on the way to the airport.
I dropped everyone off curbside and they checked all the bags there. After everything was off, i took the van down to dollar, expecting to be held up. The attendant asked two questions and i was off. Less than 2 minutes to return a car!!!!
Once again, everyone at NWA was fantastic! We had to deal with some monster weather, and the pilots made every effort to get around it. The landing was one of the spookiest i have ever had. It seemed like we hovered in the middle of a cloud for ages! I was soooo glad to see the lights when we touched down(8 minutes early to boot!)
My brother got on the wrong bus to get the van, but other than that everything went very smooth :)

Overall it was a wonderful trip, and the best part of it was spending time with my family. I don't know when i will go again, but i am more than satisfied for now!

Some things i wanted to comment on:
-Disney needs more busses than are currently operating.
-EE needs to be every park for those who stay on property. There are so many hotels now, that it creates certain gridlock to early at the select park.
-port orleans riverside and french quarter need to split busses. This was my worst experiance overall with busses, and that's comparing to all star, where i have never had a problem.
-It's a shame to see food/drink kiosk after another closed and unmanned, with hugh lines at the ones that are open.
-disney really needs to open more restaurants in the market place, with a wider range of price.
-the bikes need to be completmentary for length of stay, as 20 bucks for a halfhour is excessive.
-disney needs to hold a stand down so that every employee can have a refresher on customer service. Too many instances to list of really poor attitudes this trip.

Thanks for taking the time to read my report. This was my first one, and i hope i havent bored you to tears ;)

take good care!

kelly

Great reports Kelly! Thanks for posting!

I gotta say...the part where you didn't use your passes on the last day really horrified me! (I woulda been moping tooooo!)

Hope things go good at the inerview hun! i'm sending a little pixie dust your way!!

The way i look at it, i have one park and one water park left, so i can easily plan a weekend in the fall when i can get a travel agent rate :)
I've been spoiled sooo long with all my solo trips that it was a bit hard to get used to going with the entire crew!
You know what, i wouldn't change it for the world.
The twins were a RIOT!!!

Oooh pixie dust fresh from WDW! (jumping around in it) THANK YOU :) Needng that.... I'll find out either way about the interviews tomorrow (biting nails nervously) maybe just maybe I'll make it back for Walt's b-day celebration.

I'm glad ya had fun...kids are great, eh? I like 'em with barbeque sauce best :P

Loved your reports! Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like your family really created some wonderful memories.

Thanks Kelly for posting your trip report. It was very entertaining. It seemed like you had a great time and managed very well with a large group. I don't know if I'd have the patience to bring any extended family members along on a future trip. At this point, dh and kids are lucky I let them come with me. They just know as long as I get to be the leader, we're fine.;)

Thanks for posting about your trip! It sounded great! Personally, I would have lost my mind with so many people...:crazy:

Beth :p

12 more days!! Yippee!:bounce: :bounce:

Really enjoyed your reports. You gave me some great insights into what I can expect starting Saturday! We are traveling with extended family--24 PEOPLE!!! it's always interesting to see the dynamics of a large group.

Last day so sad:( Thank you once again for posting your trip reports I enjoyed them very much!

What a wonderful report. You did a great job and I'm glad you and your family had such a wonderful time together.

Thanks Kelly, It was so great great reading your report. I have to go out and get Peter Pan tomorrow. We are planning a trip in 2003 with our 5 year old Grand daughter. She needs to know who Tinkerbell is when she flies over her head. Sounds like you had a great, well planned trip. Sherrie

Just finished your reports - thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great time and will have some wonderful memories of your trip with the family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter