• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eight day weather outlook....mid to upper 50's - low to mid 30's

We are leaving on Thursday and I was hoping for temps in the 60's but looks like it's going to be a "bit" lower!! :scared1:

DH will be running at the crack of dawn on Saturday, so I'm thinking we will be bundled up pretty much like we are here!

At least there will be no snow like in NH. I have to think on the bright side.
:wizard:

We leave Thursday, as well! I'm not looking forward to the forecast, but anything in Orlando is better than here. I'm just glad we've been forewarned and know what to expect. It would really be awful to pack the usual summer clothes fare and be stuck in 40 degree weather. I do hope it warms up, though. I really really hope it does.

I've come to expect just about anything in January. Like most everyone else in the lower 48, we're freezing here in NC too. The way I look at it, if Orlando continues to have record cold into mid-January I'll still get a 20 degree bump over what I'm dealing with now. Brrrrrr.

For you Floridians, I hope things warm up soon! I know the orange crops don't much like the freezing temps.

We are leaving Saturday and it looking pretty good for next week I think! High 50s to 70.

I am hoping fleece jackets and maybe some gloves will be enough.

Now if I can just convince the boys to wear socks and shoes instead of crocs......

We leave Friday and if it doesn't warm up I'm doomed! Doomed, I tell ya!!:sad2: We're taking my DMIL this trip and she will complain the WHOLE time about the weather and it being so cold. She'll forget that she came from home and 2 1/2 feet of snow and temperatures in the teens with wind chills that made it even colder.

So I hope the weather gets warmer and I don't have to take an advil a day to keep my DMILache away.:sick::rotfl:

I always pack my gloves and hat for my January visit. Your hands get real cold holding that frozen margarita without the gloves.

LOL! Sound advice. I will remember this for our upcoming trip.

We were there for the record lows last January. It was actually good for crowd control. We rode TSM 4 times the day we were at DHS, no waiting. The only two times it got in our way was the day we went to AK because it was too cold for a lot of the animals on the walking trails. Instead we were greeted my CMs with puppets of the animals (who were being sheltered inside), who basically told us, "This is what you should be seeing." We also changed our plans to sit outside and watch the parade and fireworks at MK because it was just too cold. We had not brought our MN clothes with us. Luckily it warmed up a little at the end, so we had another chance to see Spectro and Wishes.

The family planned our next trip for this June so we can have a different kind of experience (hot and crowded :rotfl:), but I am going down with my cousins in 10 days. I will pack more wisely this year!

We leave on thursday to head down for marathon weekend, and the weather just looks downright cold! We thought we would be getting away from the cold weather in NJ but it looks like we are going to be just about the same. So much for packing shorts...looks like winter clothes!

I am leaving in 36 hours for 7 days at AKL and packed my winter clothes, gloves, scarf and hat. I just hope it isn't windy too. Puts head down...I also packed my bathing suit...you just never know;)

Good luck to all of us going down in the cold weather! Looks like we are not going to get a warm vacation, but it will still be a great time at WDW!!

:wizard:

We were there Dec. 27-Jan 2 and bought hats and mittens at AK. At night it got down to the low 40s, high 30s and people were still swimming in the pool! The lifeguards were wearing winter coats and steam was coming off of the pool. One night, I wore two pairs of socks and 5 layers up top to stay warm at the park and I'm from Ohio so I'm use to the cold.

That's us, northern FL that is. We're going down Sunday & I'm going to have to take an extra suitcase for coats. Lucky we drive. DH & I were just discussing this morning on the way to work, do we really want Wishes & Fantasmic this trip? Jellyroll's will be so much warmer.:rotfl:

There's a cold breeze a blowin' today. Just stood outside at work to make a phone call and BRRRRRR!!!!

But I'd rather be at the parks right now. ;-)

I just bought extra gloves at Target but they were out of hand warmers! Funny, I saw them on sale at Sports Authority the other day and wondered aho in the world would need those in Florida!! :rotfl:

Oooooh, hand warmers, good idea. Is there a problem with getting those through airport security, or in checked luggage?

I aam hoping it will warm up a bit by the end of the month! last time we were there in january we were swimming and wearing shorts and tanks...

We are leaving Saturday and it looking pretty good for next week I think! High 50s to 70.

I am hoping fleece jackets and maybe some gloves will be enough.

Now if I can just convince the boys to wear socks and shoes instead of crocs......

I'm down here right now. The weather was also looking nice the week before we got here. It was looking nice a couple of days before we got here, highs in the low 70s.

Just be prepared. I know I'm wearing 4 top layers currently. That includes a shirt, a jogging jacket, a hoodie, and then a coat. For my legs I'm wearing leggings and jeans. I'm also wearing gloves and ugg boots with two layers of socks.

I had to buy the jogging jacket and leggings while I was down here. There were unfortunately no earmuffs in any of the stores I went into, or I would be wearing those too.

I just finished packing for our trip Saturday. I didn't bother bringing any shorts, but I did pack short sleeve shirts, not I am rethinking that decision. I packed gloves, but now I am going to add hats and & scarves. It is cold her in RI right now, I has hoping to catch some warm weather. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Oooooh, hand warmers, good idea. Is there a problem with getting those through airport security, or in checked luggage?

We drive, but I'm sure they will be fine in the checked luggage.

I'm so mad, I just went to Target and forgot to look for ear muffs or a winter headband type thingy. I'm running the marathon on Sunday and it's supposed to be in the 20's at the start!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter