• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Egg Allergy/Intolerance

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
I posted this over on the restaurant board, and it was suggested to post it over here since everyone is so helpful and knowledgable :worship:

I have recently been having issues with eggs and have been advised to just eliminate them from my diet, so I'm trying to determine what that means for our WDW trip. It's so crowded when we go, and we are only going to eat counter service and possibly a breakfast buffet. Therefore, I'd like to know ahead of time which Disney staples are egg free. Hamburger buns, pancakes, Mickey waffles, baked goods, etc... Does anyone have experience with egg-avoidance while in the parks. I don't want to be that person who holds up a line of people while I ask! Thank you!!

My husband has the double whammy of celiac disease and an egg allergy. We found that the GF buns used at most counter service were also egg free. I think they were Ener-G brand. At home we use Schar for hamburgers and hotdogs. We couldn't find egg free Mickey waffles and the breakfast choices were very limited. It really wasn't worthwhile to eat breakfast out. We ordered breakfast items from Garden Grocer and ate in the room. They do carry egg free waffles, sausage, hash, yogurt etc. One place you may enjoy is Erin Mckennas bakery in Downtown Disney. All of the products are egg free. My husbands favorite counter service locations were Epcot's Sunshine Seasons ( grilled chicken, saffron rice and green beans), Tangerine Cafe ( combo platter) Hollywood Studios Backlot Express (GF Egg Free chicken tenders and fries, Southwest salad) Downtown Disney Wolfgang Puck Express (chicken , potatoes, soups and salad) and Be Our Guest at the Magic kingdom. we were there last November and they had a book at each place but we researched the menu ahead of time and he knew what to order. I have heard that some CS has switched to an allergy menu and not needing to speak to a manager. That seems like it would speed things along. I would avoid Tokyo Dining. It was the only location that kept trying to push egg because it was in the sauce and they didn't want to make something plain. They seemed to get GF but couldn't comprehend even a little in a sauce could make him very sick.

My husband has the double whammy of celiac disease and an egg allergy. We found that the GF buns used at most counter service were also egg free. I think they were Ener-G brand. At home we use Schar for hamburgers and hotdogs. We couldn't find egg free Mickey waffles and the breakfast choices were very limited. It really wasn't worthwhile to eat breakfast out. We ordered breakfast items from Garden Grocer and ate in the room. They do carry egg free waffles, sausage, hash, yogurt etc. One place you may enjoy is Erin Mckennas bakery in Downtown Disney. All of the products are egg free. My husbands favorite counter service locations were Epcot's Sunshine Seasons ( grilled chicken, saffron rice and green beans), Tangerine Cafe ( combo platter) Hollywood Studios Backlot Express (GF Egg Free chicken tenders and fries, Southwest salad) Downtown Disney Wolfgang Puck Express (chicken , potatoes, soups and salad) and Be Our Guest at the Magic kingdom. we were there last November and they had a book at each place but we researched the menu ahead of time and he knew what to order. I have heard that some CS has switched to an allergy menu and not needing to speak to a manager. That seems like it would speed things along. I would avoid Tokyo Dining. It was the only location that kept trying to push egg because it was in the sauce and they didn't want to make something plain. They seemed to get GF but couldn't comprehend even a little in a sauce could make him very sick.

Thank you! That is so helpful! Having a book to glance through would be much better than having to feel like I was taking up someone's valuable time. I'll take a look at the menus for the places you suggested :thumbsup2 I definitely had Erin McKennas bakery on my list. This is all so new to me, and I just have this image of spending money on food that tastes awful, ha!

Egg free is hard. I can tolerate egg products when baked into other items where it is not the main ingredient. (ie I can NOT eat a quiche, but I CAN eat bread with egg in it)

I quit asking for egg free bread since they could never accommodate it. (ETA they changed their buns recently, but from a poster above it looks like maybe they have a better bun now that is egg free, last couple of times I realized that the GF bun was different but I didn't ask to see the extent of the ingredients)

I don't like waffles or pancakes much so I've never ordered those. Sorry

I second Erin McKenna. I do have a review of some items I'll post a link.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/allergy-food-report-added-carthay-circle-disneyland-5-2015.3305103/
Post #7

Last edited:
Egg free isn't that difficult at WDW. You can email special diets for a list of commonly used egg free substitutes available at each park. They do have allergy free chicken tenders/fries at at least one place at each park which are free of egg, dairy, gluten and the other top allergens. HTH

for counter serves I would be prepared to look at book each time as items may not be same everywhere. it will take you a little longer to order but it is worth it

Last spring we were able to get Mickey Waffles at Hollywood and Vine. My son was allergic to wheat, eggs, soy, tree nuts and peanuts at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter