• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Effect of monorail maintenance 2015

hblackb

BWV owner
I was reading on WDWinfo (below) that there is maintenance on the monorail planned until the end of the summer. I will be staying at the VGF at the end of August, and I have never stayed at monorail resort before, and was unsure if this will impact our stay. Will this affect guest of monorail resorts much? Or not at all?

Express Monorail Beam- 3/10/2015- Summer 2015 will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesday from 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM. The Resort Monorail will continue to run during these times. Guests will need to use the Ferry Boats to Magic Kingdom.

The monorail is still going to stop at the resorts just the express from TTC won't be running 11:30-6:00. You will still be able to take monorail to MK from resort or boat ride from GF docks.

Just expect that the resort monorail may be more crowded than usual after the afternoon parade finishes up. Guests can still take the resort monorail from MK to the TTC if they don't want to ride the Ferries. This might only impact Contemporary guests that are trying to get on at the CR.

You might want to consider taking the boat from GF to MK during this time. I think I heard they will have more ferries leaving the TTC for peak season so that might take the load off the monorail.

And I believe the closure is only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I don't think it will make much of an impact…certainly not worth worrying about ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter