EEMH or Dowtown Disney?

schany

Earning My Ears
We are planning on arriving at WDW on Sunday--that evening, MK has extra Magic Hours. In your opinion, do we skip EMH at MK that night (goes until 2 a.m.) and go to Downtown Disney? We will not have another chance at evening EMH at MK during our trip.

In case this would apply in making the decision--DS is 8, DS is 6, DD is 4 and we are travelling via auto about 1,000 miles. The actual day we arrive will be a short car day--about two hours. DH says go for the parks because the kids will get a chance to ride without as many lines.

If I am reading you right and EMH goes to 2am, that means regular park hours are to 11pm? That by itself is a pretty late night for the kids, no? If you forego EMH, are you planning on bringing the little ones to DTD at that hour? There is not much for them to do there at that time of night.

If the late hours are okay for your kids, I would suggest DTD as a first stop earlier in the day, and do EMH at MK at night. But if it were me, I would probably skip both and get the kids to bed early enough to start fresh the next day.

hth

Hello!

I would do Downtown Disney on the first afternoon / early evening! Always gets me in the Disney Mood!

Then, go to bed and start bright and early the next day!

Have FUN!!!

DTD is definitely better in the earlier evening. If I was to pick something I would do the EMH, only because several days in the car and your kids will have energy to burn. Make sure to get your wrist bands to stay in the parks later. When are you going? Open til 2 is great, but there are no fast passes and the favorite rides will still have long lines. We went around Easter and MK was open until 3 and never got to go on SM. The fast passes weren't in use and the line was 30-45 minutes the entire night, so we figured it was better to wait on that for the second day we were going to be at MK and could get fast passes. On this particular night we were at a different park during the day. We were at the GF so decided to go for the really late night hours thinking it would be easier to get on the rides. Sometimes it was, but not for the popular rides. Traditionally EMH means the park will be busier, so take that into account. DTD I don't think has as much for kids to do. Neither of my kids liked DQ and of course they aren't real big on the shopping thing. You will have better options food wise too at MK in my opinion.

I was a little unclear earlier--we would not keep the kids at MK until 2--just that it is open until 2 a.m. and we certainly would not take the kids to DTD until 2--8:30 is pushing it for them when we are at home. I am just wondering if using the extra magic hours that first night will allow them to ride without a terribly long wait - - -

I like the EEMH but we decided to skip it at MK on our last trip because it started at 11. We felt it was just too late for our 5 and 7 year olds. At the EEMHs that we have attended, the lines have not gotten significantly shorter until about an hour after it started. And lines are actually a little longer before park closing because you have the regular guests plus everyone that is there for EEMH.

And lines are actually a little longer before park closing because you have the regular guests plus everyone that is there for EEMH.

Yup...I think unless you're staying past midnight that this would actually be one of the worst nights to go to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter