EEEEEEEK!!! I forgot to order my DDE card!

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
We leave next Thursday. Am I out of luck? I know that you can pick up a temporary card at Epcot Guest Relations, but is a week too short of notice to be able to do that? I'm such a doofus.
TIA.

I don't think it is too late. I can't remember exactly what day I called for our June trip but I think it was only a couple of days before we left, it was no problem. Certainly worth a call.

You won't get the "real card" before you leave, but you used to be able to pick up a temporary card a guest relations. I'd call and see what they can accommodate for you.

Good luck!

Lisa

If you purchase an AP on site, and do not have the voucher in advance, it is possible to get a temporary DDE card. Also this works if there is very little lead time between your ordering the card and your arrival.

1. Call the DDE office at 407-566-5858 between 8:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday (except Holidays) and give them your name, the string of letters and numbers on the bottom of the pass (starting with a "W") and your credit card information. If you only have the voucher and not the AP itself there is a serial number on the voucher. If you are a Florida Resident and not an AP holder they will ask for your Florida Driver's license (or State ID) number.

2. Starting at 5:30pm that day, and any time it is open, you can go to the Guest Relations Window outside Epcot's Main Entrance (On your right as you face Spaceship Earth) with a photo ID and you will be given an envelope.

3. The envelope will have in it a temporary card which expires 30 days from the date of the request and a sheet of paper listing all locations which currently accept the card.

4. The plastic embossed card should arrive at your home within a month. The expiration date on the embossed card will be either the last day of the current month in the next year, or if you ordered it late enough in the month it will be the last day of the following month the next year.

Also, if you purchase it between the first and about the 7th of a month it will expire the next year on the last day of the same month. If your purchase is after the 10th, the expiration will be the last day of the following month the next year. If you order it between the 7th and 10th is anybody's guess.

If you purchase an AP on site, and do not have the voucher in advance, it is possible to get a temporary DDE card. Also this works if there is very little lead time between your ordering the card and your arrival.

1. Call the DDE office at 407-566-5858 between 8:30am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday (except Holidays) and give them your name, the string of letters and numbers on the bottom of the pass (starting with a "W") and your credit card information. If you only have the voucher and not the AP itself there is a serial number on the voucher. If you are a Florida Resident and not an AP holder they will ask for your Florida Driver's license (or State ID) number.

2. Starting at 5:30pm that day, and any time it is open, you can go to the Guest Relations Window outside Epcot's Main Entrance (On your right as you face Spaceship Earth) with a photo ID and you will be given an envelope.

3. The envelope will have in it a temporary card which expires 30 days from the date of the request and a sheet of paper listing all locations which currently accept the card.

4. The plastic embossed card should arrive at your home within a month. The expiration date on the embossed card will be either the last day of the current month in the next year, or if you ordered it late enough in the month it will be the last day of the following month the next year.

Also, if you purchase it between the first and about the 7th of a month it will expire the next year on the last day of the same month. If your purchase is after the 10th, the expiration will be the last day of the following month the next year. If you order it between the 7th and 10th is anybody's guess.

So, I was planning on getting my AP at WDW when I get there Friday night. Does that mean that I won't be able to get DDE until Monday? I wanted to wait to buy my AP at SOG as there is a significant military discount. But if I can't use the DDE for my first 2 days, I'm not sure the savings will be worth the added expense (it was the reason I was getting an AP in the first place.):mad:

Thanks for this information. I was thinking about getting one AP for me for this year and then getting DDE, but didn't realize I could get it this way.:thumbsup2

this may be a dumb question but: do you have to have an AP to get an DDE?

So, I was planning on getting my AP at WDW when I get there Friday night. Does that mean that I won't be able to get DDE until Monday? I wanted to wait to buy my AP at SOG as there is a significant military discount. But if I can't use the DDE for my first 2 days, I'm not sure the savings will be worth the added expense (it was the reason I was getting an AP in the first place.):mad:

Unfortunately yes. The DDE office is closed on weekends. You will be able to order the card Monday morning and they will set up the temporary card at Epcot GR after you call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter