EE strategy at AK

links4

Earning My Ears
It is my understanding that most people don't stay a full day at AK and tend to leave around 2-3 p.m. if they arrived in the a.m. Has anyone noticed whether this is also the case on Early Entry days at AK? Would that mean that people would generally leave even earlier?

Last year we went o EE at AK and left in the early afternoon for lunch at RFC, then back to the BCV. It didn't look like too many people were leaving when we were heading out, but there were a lot more on the way out as we left RFC after lunch (probably around 2:30).

We were there in June.

I notice that most people leave after the parade which I believe is at 3:00

I am not sure if Lentesta is kicking about but I have heard that the waits at busy times at AK on EMH days can be longer than non EMH days even for people who are EMH eligible

Having said that, there is a cluster of people who leave around 1:30-2:30pm and then another cluster just ahead of the 4pm parade

AK often closes at 5pm - what we do is watch the parade then go out on the last Safaris ride - by the time we wander out of the park it is about 5:45-6:00pm

thanks
jaysue

Good question. Is it better to visit AK on EE days or go on another day. It's our first trip to WDW 5/18 to 5/25. My brother told me to go EE and do Safari first as the animals are more active. Is this true? Should we go in the afternoon, when most are leaving? Since we're there 7 days and have UPH passes we have a lot of flexibility. Any input would be greatly appreciated!::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Here's my advice to you. Go on early entry day and see the Kilimanjaro Safari. Head to kali River
Rapids and Ride. On your way to Dinosaur, stop and get a fast pass for "Its tough to be a bug". continue to dinosaur and ride. Browse until your fast pass time for ITTBAB. Leave the park and go have lunch, lay around the pool, whatever. Then return to the park in the afternoon on another non-EE day to browse around and see the shows and exploration trails. On your afternoon at AK, ride the KS again. You'll see different animals active in the evening than you did in the early morning.

Jeff P

links4 -

I agree most people on EE days go directly to the Safari. In the summer or any time the weather is warm, the animals should be more active earlier.

I can not comment one way or the other on your main question about the park thinning out an hour earlier on EE days.

Except for the maybe middle of the summer, I don't agree with bengalfreak's strategy of going directly from the Safari to Kali River Rapids. First Safari is a EE attraction, Kali is not. You may finish Safari and be waiting in line for Kali several minutes before it even opens. Secondly, at a 7:00 am EE , using this strategy you will be getting on Kali around 8:00 - by 8:03 you will be soaking wet - besides possibly being very cold, do you really want to walk around the park soaking wet all day ?

Just my 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter