EE death

My families first trip to WDW there were like three people that died there.:sad1:
My mom and I were sitting on a dock discussing a man that had gotten drunk the night before and was reported missing by his wife. His body was found under the dock, we were sitting on, a few hours later that day.
We were in line for dinner at Chef Mickey's when someone ( I think it was a cast member) jumped off the roof and into the parking lot.
I didn't find out more about the third one, but heard the Cast Member were mopping up the blood in a back hallway.
It was pretty freaky.
:scared:

dear god... when are you coming in 2008 so i know to take the week off! you are just bad luck! lol

CPR delivers inadvertent shocks to the heart as well. The act of doing compressions will "shock" the heart at approx 20 joules (watt/seconds). This could be enough to reset the heart which is what defibrillation does - it does NOT "restart" the heart, but actually stops all the misdirected electrical activity of fibrillation or tachycardia. Thus the heart is able to reset and restart. CPR will often do the same thing.

Where did you get the information of CPR giving a shock?

I am an AHA Training Center Faculty and work in a cardiac cath lab.

CPR is strictly a mechanical way of keeping the heart and blood moving until you can shock it. It is imposable to give a shock with CPR. The hearts electrical system is within the heart and doing compressions does nothing to that system. It does not "reset" the heart. Not to say that the heart can't reset itself during CPR but it has nothing to do with the compressions.

The only way to reset the misdirected electrical activity that happens during Vtach or Vfib is a shock from a defibrillator.

CPR only prolongs the refractory phase in which the heart can be successfully shocked. Without CPR you only have about 4-6 minutes before a shock won't work. With GOOD CPR it can extend it out to 10-12 minutes.

Just had to set the record straight on how CPR and defibulation works.

Where did you get the information of CPR giving a shock?

I am an AHA Training Center Faculty and work in a cardiac cath lab.

CPR is strictly a mechanical way of keeping the heart and blood moving until you can shock it. It is imposable to give a shock with CPR. The hearts electrical system is within the heart and doing compressions does nothing to that system. It does not "reset" the heart. Not to say that the heart can't reset itself during CPR but it has nothing to do with the compressions.

The only way to reset the misdirected electrical activity that happens during Vtach or Vfib is a shock from a defibrillator.

CPR only prolongs the refractory phase in which the heart can be successfully shocked. Without CPR you only have about 4-6 minutes before a shock won't work. With GOOD CPR it can extend it out to 10-12 minutes.

Just had to set the record straight on how CPR and defibulation works.

precordial thump?

Yep, and I was there that week, and went on EE the next day.

Eerie, huh?

It was quite the hot topic at the hot tub that night.

We were in AK the day it happens ourselves. It didn't take long for everyone in the park to hear about it.

dear god... when are you coming in 2008 so i know to take the week off! you are just bad luck! lol

I'll be there April 1st through 9th, but you shouldn't worry because we've been there a few times since and nothing happened.... At least to the best of my knowledge. ^_^:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter