• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EE and crowds at AK this weekend

DCDisney

On my way...
Hi all,

Does any one have experience with crowds when there is a preview event? We go to WDW in Jan because we don;t like crowds and I was wondering if we should try and avoid AK during the first part of our visit due to the EE previews?

Yvonne

My son and I did the MS previews and I did not think the crowd levels at Epcot were bad. However AK is much smaller and I think that this will have an impact on the crowds there. I would suggest early morning only. Thats what we will be doing.

Expedition Everest is a highly anticipated ride and a lot of people are going down for the preview. Animal Kingdom is very small park, since it's the newest and hasn't expanded

I would wait until that couple of days of the preview passes until going to Animal Kingdom.

scotthart said:
My son and I did the MS previews and I did not think the crowd levels at Epcot were bad. However AK is much smaller and I think that this will have an impact on the crowds there. I would suggest early morning only. Thats what we will be doing.

To be TECHNICAL, AK is the LARGEST WDW park, by FAR.

MK: 100 Acres

Studios: 154 Acres

Epcot: 300 Acres

AK: 500 Acres

But the areas where you WALK seem smaller in AK.

How about this...if everybody at AK goes there to ride Expedition Everest, everybody is going to be in line for EE. Don't change your plans because of one ride. If you are going there to ride EE, take some time another morning and go get a FP.

I was there for the cast preview on sunday, and the line was a mile long, but the rest of the park was relatively slow.

I had heard they were going to use FPs at EE this weekend for the AP/DVC preview. I assumed that this would mean the park would be crowded as people waited for their FP times.

3from3 said:
I had heard they were going to use FPs at EE this weekend for the AP/DVC preview. I assumed that this would mean the park would be crowded as people waited for their FP times.

Traditionally very low crowds this time of year.

But with EE in preview we might GUESS from the following list:

A. No visible difference in the crowds at AK, except for long lines at EE.

B. Maybe TWICE as many guests as "usual" for late January at AK.
(Who knows what that would LOOK like... What is "2-times" a small crowd?)

C. So MANY guests that AK must be closed to non-property guests as sometimes happens to MK on major holidays.

Since nobody KNOWS in advance (even WDW doesn't know how many non-property guests might show up), I'll guess somewhere between "A" and "B".

I'll be there, so I'll find out if I'm right.

Its hard to judge from the response HERE,
because most ANYONE who posts on this board would say they would WANT to be there,
and might even make a special effort to GO,
and would be inclined to HAVE an AP or DVC membership.

This board is a tad bit biased TOWARD Disney, and that is as it should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter