educational opportunities at WDW for field trips?

WishUponAStar

Mouseketeer
My wife is teaching a elementary age gifted students this year. We realize that all of WDW is an educational experience (especially Epcot and Animal Kingdom) but are there any programs or organized learning opportunities that can be set up for groups. The trip is about 900 miles each way so the group would be there for several days probably with some families attached. Just wondering if there is a number I can call other than 407-WDISNEY or a website with information. Are group rates available...specific activities...? I suppose a cultural study could be done at the world showcase but does WDW have a program? Certainly local school groups go on field trips there also. Any help is appreciated.

Go to the Disney world website, then go to Disney Destinations- then go to Disney Youth Programs. This site will provide details on group rates and the educational programs available to school groups. I have taken seventh and eighth graders to EPCOT many times, and the group rates really help allow more children to attend.
You may also want to look at Sea World if you are in the area- they also have a great educational program- every year, our eighth grade students spend the night beside the polar bear tank!
Best of luck- field trips are always a fun (and tiring!) experience!
Liz

I just realized that I should have added that when you get to the Disney destinations site, you will have to scroll down to "other disney sites of interest." There, you will find Disney Youth Groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter