• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

edited (fun) photo of the day

OK, here's some more Photo Explosion fun for today.

photo 1 -
aladdin-1.jpg

photo 2 -
aladdin01a.jpg

°O°Joe;22908758 said:
Ahh, sorry I just fixed it. I had the wrong link on there.

Great! Thanks! I can see them now. :)
GREAT shots! My fav is the monorail by the Poly at dawn... just gorgeous! I wanna go back..........

Thanks Goofster!

Cool :cool1: Thanks for all the info. - I know what I'll be doing this weekend. ;)

Your pics look great with the different effect backgrounds; and the one adding your son came out good.

°O°Joe;22915057 said:
This one is awesome! :thumbsup2

Thanks Joe. Unfortunately most of my pictures need quite a bit of help to look good. My camera is a very basic early model digital one, and the only photography course I've ever had was one class back in college over 20 years ago. I'm hoping to start saving up for a nice DSLR in a couple of years, but until then I think I'll be busy editing away most of my shots.
Most of your shots are great just as they are. I really appreciate the quality of what you post (sure it makes most of us realize just how little we know about photography), but they sure are fun to look at. :thumbsup2

Thanks Joe. Unfortunately most of my pictures need quite a bit of help to look good. My camera is a very basic early model digital one, and the only photography course I've ever had was one class back in college over 20 years ago. I'm hoping to start saving up for a nice DSLR in a couple of years, but until then I think I'll be busy editing away most of my shots.
Most of your shots are great just as they are. I really appreciate the quality of what you post (sure it makes most of us realize just how little we know about photography), but they sure are fun to look at. :thumbsup2
Thanks! I'm just a beginner myself, I've learned a lot in the past 1-2 years...

Here's mine for today:

Before:
DSC_1700.jpg

After:
DSC_1700-1.jpg

Thanks Goofster!

Cool :cool1: Thanks for all the info. - I know what I'll be doing this weekend. ;)

Your pics look great with the different effect backgrounds; and the one adding your son came out good.

Thanks, and have fun tinkering around with editing this weekend. It really isn't that difficult. I'm amazed at how much you can do with these programs, in such a short time. Be creative, and try different things. Some of my favorite shots were ones that almost happened by accident while I was just fooling around.
just be sure to post some of your creations next week, so that we can all enjoy them. :thumbsup2

Thanks, and have fun tinkering around with editing this weekend. It really isn't that difficult. I'm amazed at how much you can do with these programs, in such a short time. Be creative, and try different things. Some of my favorite shots were ones that almost happened by accident while I was just fooling around.
just be sure to post some of your creations next week, so that we can all enjoy them. :thumbsup2

I'll try :)

BTW: Where did you take the pic of your kids in your sig. with steamboat Mickey?

I'll try :)

BTW: Where did you take the pic of your kids in your sig. with steamboat Mickey?

When you first walk into the Magic Kingdom, on the right side (I think it's called Town Hall). Walk into the building, and then keep going all the way through to the back. There is a whole section that not too many people seem to know about (I learned of it here on the DIS). There are 4 or 5 cutout scenes, plus a stage or two, where I think they have shows (we didn't catch any of the shows, so I'm not sure what they are about). It was a really nice, quite, relaxing place to catch your breath. There are even a couple of tables back there where you can eat in peace too.

I love all the pictures :thumbsup2 It inspires me to work on my photo editing skills.

°O°Joe;22919787 said:
Thanks! I'm just a beginner myself, I've learned a lot in the past 1-2 years...

Here's mine for today:

Before:
DSC_1700.jpg

After:
DSC_1700-1.jpg

Wow!! This one is great. Looks really scary!!! Love it!!

When you first walk into the Magic Kingdom, on the right side (I think it's called Town Hall). Walk into the building, and then keep going all the way through to the back. There is a whole section that not too many people seem to know about (I learned of it here on the DIS). There are 4 or 5 cutout scenes, plus a stage or two, where I think they have shows (we didn't catch any of the shows, so I'm not sure what they are about). It was a really nice, quite, relaxing place to catch your breath. There are even a couple of tables back there where you can eat in peace too.

Thanks for the info. I think I've only been in there 1 or 2 times and that was quite a few years back. Will keep it in mind for this Sept. :)

OK, here goes.... starting small - though me being creative takes a long time

Also, probably a stupid question, but if edited pics are uploaded to a site like Snapfish or Kodak, will they print them that way?

Before:
DSC01112.jpg

After:
Monorail.jpg

OK, I figured out how to do part color, part B&W (or any other effect you might want to add).

first of all here's my photo:
autowoody01color.jpg

Basically what you do, to get part color on Photo Explosion (I imagine it's probably similar to other programs), is first of all select your photo. Then click on "edit", then click on the "selection" tab. At this point there are 4 different options (I've only got the hang of one so far). I chose the "trace" option. Carefully trace the item that you want to keep in color (it might help to zoom in on the object). Once you've completely traced it, double click on it, and it'll become surrounded by an outline of dotted lines. Now, on the left side, click on the box to invert the selected area. After you do that, click on the "effect" menu near the top. This will give you a bunch of options of changing your picture. Click on the "artist" choice, and the "tint". Pick the color you want to change the picture to (for example, B&W), and click on that. If you do all that, then your picture should do what you want, and give you a combined color \ B&W image. Try it out, and see if it works.

Also, don't forget, when you've got the picture you want, to right click inside the colored area, and then click on "Merge", to make sure that it makes the change.

WOW!!! You are going to be my hero if I can get this to work! I've been trying to figure out how to do this on Photo Explosion for months! I use the program alot and have not figured this out! We really need to do a call and share photo explosion tips. :woohoo: Do you use Memories on TV? I've shot a couple of weddings and then put the photos to music as a gift for the couple. I want to put my last trip to Wishes but need to order the cd. Hope I can figure it out!!!:goodvibes

WOW! How in the world did you do that????:confused3

The main thing was using the cloning brush to duplicate some of the background and erase those pesky folks who wandered into my picture. It was one of the first things I did with my photo editing software--I didn't do a very good job, but it was fun playing around with the software.

now that is cool and very useful.

Its a VERY NICE photo without the other people in it.

The main thing was using the cloning brush to duplicate some of the background and erase those pesky folks who wandered into my picture. It was one of the first things I did with my photo editing software--I didn't do a very good job, but it was fun playing around with the software.

What software do you use? That is great to get rid of all those people

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter