Edit to add TR- PTR and snow watch-1st time at BCV

Day 2 Cont'- So we got back to the resort and the fellas went to the gym while the girls and I went to SAB. It has been sunny and it does get pretty warm late in the afternoon (75-78) but the pool water was a tad chilly for me and you really have to be in the sun to be hot. My girls weren't too into the pool either...one really wanted to do the lazy river so I rented her a tube for 1 hour but then she informed me she didn't want to go in alone, she wanted her sister or brother to go in. She sat there grumpy and the other DD just wanted to go back to the room so she was grumpy and I just wanted to get in the hot tub...so I left them sitting there and got in a hot tub all to myself...ahhhhhhh. By the time I got out, DS was done with the gym and sitting with my DDs. He went in the pool with DD and I and other grumpy DD went back to the room. We rested and showered up and headed over to Epcot for a late dinner at Chefs De France. We meandered the World Showcase and rode some rides again. We had to go check out the controversial Habit Heroes. It is sponsored by Anthem and DH works for Anthem so he wanted to see what it was about...the kids and I could have killed him...it was so stupid and a waste of our time. We had dinner at CdF and it was our first time there. It was good but expensive as the kids all did the prix fix meal and they didn't finish any course (except dessert)...maybe we'll leave CdF for a DH and I sans kids dinner next time. We could see the fireworks while we were finishing up and then we headed back to BCV. We hit the hay. We were beginning to wear down and DH's shoes were giving him blisters.

Day 3- We slept in until 9am. DS wanted to eat lunch at Tangierine Cafe and one DD was dying to hit the Norway sandwich/bakery counter. So the night before we all made the plan to get up and head over to Epcot for an early (11am-ish) lunch. We had 5:50 ADRs for Kouzzina but we were wanting to go to MK for the EMH (until midnight) and we wanted to do a hefty chunk over there as it may be our only trek over from BCV. So, I changed (on day 2) our ADRs to Liberty Tree Tavern at 4:10 (we wanted a 5:00-6:00 somewhere at MK and all that was available when I called the day before was a couple 4-ish resies or 8:45ish resies...the kids were all begging for LTT so we took a 4:10 there). Since we changed our dinner to an early one we knew we'd need to eat an early lunch. So, 4 of us were up at 9 and got ready and headed over to Epcot around 10ish (DS was not far behind us)...we did the Living Seas and headed over to World Showcase for lunch at 11. The girls and I hit Norway while DS hit the Tangierine Cafe and DH hit Germany. We went back shortly after to rest/nap...no gym this day for the guys as DH was really sore at this point. We rested and showered up for a night at MK. We went out to the bus just as a MK one was pulling in. It took about 30 minutes to get over there. We went in and headed over to LTT...it was about 3:50 and we checked in. Tons of other folks began to check in and we sat and waited while they called all the 4:00 resies back and then began the 4:10...it was a little after when we were seated. The food was really good...my family really loves the Thanksgiving style food. But our server was really really slow. We were there for about an hour and a half. While DH and I were waiting to pay...the kids ran out and fast passed Big Thunder.

To be continued...........

Love your TR so far. This weather is just fantastic....hate to leave tomorrow. At least we missed the ice/sleet event. Can't wait to read more later!

Reading. Smirked about the linked and then housekeeping.;) But very happy you're having a wonderful time and got there with no issue. BCV is so beautiful and relaxing. Fabulous weather. Nice.

Reading. Smirked about the linked and then housekeeping.;) But very happy you're having a wonderful time and got there with no issue. BCV is so beautiful and relaxing. Fabulous weather. Nice.

I thought of your TR when I was checking in. They did slide our new keys under our door early the second day...but we had to take them to the desk to get our credit card activated on them. The cleaning lady placed a basket of sheets and towels outside our door and I knew she'd think we were checking out that day (which she did, but luckily didn't knock until the afternoon). What the heck good is linking a resie if it doesn't actually show as linked....:confused3 and you can't do online check in (I guess it was good that we didn't have to actually leave our room and get a new room).

Trip was all good though and there were some really nice things about BCV that I will talk about in my TR. It was a great resort. The weather was fabulous too.

Back home...got off plane around 2:30 pm. About to hit the grocery store and pick up dogs from kennel. Would love to curl up on the sofa and chill. I will leave a couple pics for now...will be back later to add some more to my TR. The trip was great though...we were sad to leave BCV and come home.
Below is right after check in and while we were waiting to eat at Cape May- my 2 DDs in chair.
jan-trip-2_zps1330c4a5.jpg

Below is AK Safari- love the giraffes
jan-trip-1_zpsa6bec8ab.jpg

Below is a sneak peak of one of my highlights of the trip.
jan-trip3_zps8e31516e.jpg

Below are some pics of our villa 302 (I think the 1st morning there). We loved the location and the second bedroom had 2 queens and was very spacious. It was a quiet location. I didn't get a pic of the 2nd bedroom. The only complaint I have is that I didn't have access to the balcony (or even have a balcony) off of the master. With DS sleeping on the living room pull out, it would have been nice to sneak out on my balcony when I woke early (well, early to my teen kids). Or we should have had the queen and sofa (pull-out) in the second bedroom and DH and I could have had that all to ourselves while DDs shared master and DS was on living room pull-out. There's a kitchenette in the 2BRs that are lock-off, right? That's what I should have done. I should also mention that my SIL had me worried that BCV was out dated and in need of renovations (she stayed there last summer). We were quite pleased and didn't notice anything run down or in disrepair. The only thing we noticed was that the 2nd bedroom tub faucet was constantly dripping, heavily (almost pouring). I told the CM about it at check out and saw her make a note about it.
Girls having healthy breakfast (not).
001-3_zpse94c401a.jpg

Kitchen area
002-2_zpse6880f95.jpg

Master (and back of DH)
003-3_zps56d1c402.jpg

Master bath
004-2_zps33094c17.jpg

View from our balcony
006-2_zps7aa8b542.jpg

DS in his bed that he said was very comfy (but he didn't like that we woke him when we made coffee around 8-9am...how horrible :rolleyes2).
007-3_zps4d03b1d5.jpg

Love your TR so far. This weather is just fantastic....hate to leave tomorrow. At least we missed the ice/sleet event. Can't wait to read more later!

Your TR is nice too...looks like you guys had fun. It's warm back home...at least for now it is. So sad to leave too.

So I have all my pics downloaded onto photobucket...I think 54 in total. We don't take many pictures. My DH hates to be in pictures or take time for us to pose and take pictures...it really bugs me as a scrapbooker (though I haven't scrapped in a few years) and a TR poster. I really like to document our trips so we can look back. My kids look at my Disney scrapbook, of the 1st 4 trips, with fondness...it makes them smile as it brings back all the memories. My kids have taken DH's lead and they now don't like me taking pictures either. So, we don't have many and my sweet DD, who is a people-pleaser, did pose for some pics to make her mom happy (so you will see the most pics of her...my tom-boy DD...the same one who wanted to get in the lazy river but girly-girl DD wanted to go back to room, she didn't want to get her hair wet). I also have many sneak attack pictures while they are walking. I noticed over the past couple years that I had many many pics of my family's backs...my brother even commented on FB about that...so this trip I tried to run up in front of my family and walk backwards while taking a quick shot. You may see some of those pics. So, here below are the pics up through where I left off in my TR...1/2 way through day 3.
A day at AK:
jan24-Copy_zps48d3a4bc.jpg

jan27_zps1d212e07.jpg

jan22-Copy_zpsae262495.jpg

jan21-Copy_zpsd29d9c09.jpg

jan18-Copy_zpsb4364ad6.jpg

jan16-Copy_zpsa0b310e6.jpg

jan14-Copy_zps414d65b1.jpg

The new Test Track was better than before IMO. We ended up riding it several times...in fact we rode most of the main attractions many times. My DH and kids aren't into ANY of the shows...bummer for me as I like to see them sometimes. They also have no interest in sitting in the crowds to watch the fireworks shows or parades, but we did catch many fireworks from various other locations (we wouldn't linger to watch the whole thing but watched as we went about whatever it was we were doing...like eating at Chefs De France or riding the monorail or riding Big Thunder Mountain). Some Epcot pics:
DH's Habit Heros
jan13-Copy_zpscdf774f4.jpg

Norway desserts (chocolate pretzel and schoolhouse bread...they were ok)
jan11-Copy_zps0811dd97.jpg

I love the Living Seas, but my family was bored there
jan10-Copy_zps091e7cc8.jpg

Mission Space
jan12-Copy_zps624dc80e.jpg

So day 3 we headed to MK for dinner and EMH late hours. We ate at LTT, which was requested by my DH and DS (girls also were happy to eat there). The food is good, the new dessert isn't as good as the old one though. It was slow service. There were tons of people at MK. It was still the weekend...or that's what we were thinking was the reason for the crowds. Later, we found it was just crowded the entire time (we also noticed many many Brazil tours). If you did the EMH you could ride things multiple times with very little wait (like 10-20 minutes) and we also utilized the FP system. I was not thrilled that we ran across the park...back and forth to get a FP or use a FP...at MK and Epcot that was exhausting and by the end of this night I was sore...sore...sore...as was DH and the kids were worn out as well. We arrived at MK for the 4:10 ADR and had thought we'd be in MK through the EMH until midnight...by 9pm we were done in. After we ate, DS went back to the room at BCV to use the bathroom and get a hoody...we had been popping in and out of Epcot so easily and we tried to tell him it wasn't so easy to do that from MK, but he's almost 16 and knows everything...so back he goes. He is gone for 3 hours and by the time he gets back, the rest of us are done and want to leave (it's 9pm). So, we toughed it out until nearly 11 and re-rode everything with DS and some new things as well. For the 1st time ever, my kids refused to do IASW and I was sad...we always rode that...every trip. We did ride BTM (about 5 times and once during the fireworks which was very cool), SM, POTC...we rode the People Mover (me for the very 1st time)...we did Buzz Lightyear....maybe some other stuff too (checked out the new Fantasy section...was super crowded in that area and it's not done...so not really much to see). It was fun...we do like MK. I think a stay at BLT would be awesome....maybe someday.
008-2_zps19a73e5d.jpg

009-3_zps8c47fb07.jpg

Me and my sweet DD-DS photo-bombing us in the background
010-2_zps7c7b03cc.jpg

Look at the crowds
011-3_zps5b7d5843.jpg

012-3_zps25b817a5.jpg

My girly-girl at LTT
013-3_zpsb9da89ca.jpg

sweet DD and DS
014-4_zps246df10f.jpg

015-3_zpsc5523057.jpg

016-3_zps8bce8aeb.jpg

Day 4- 1/28
DH and I woke up still sore so we hit the quiet pool hot tub. There was another lady in there who had the same issue of being sore. We talked about how we were feeling our age and how we used to be able to do Disney commando style when we were younger and now we have to take it slow. I could grasp that, though DH continued to push commando style for the rest of the trip...the last 2 days we would all come to ignore DH and do our own pace.
Day 4, though, we still had a lot to do and pushed on. DH had blisters on his feet, so after the hot tub he announces that he has to go find new sneakers. I suggest we go to Downtown Disney. DS wanted to eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich anyway. So, we get dressed...but the kids were still not moving so DH and I left for DD and told the kids to come over when they were ready. We told them not to wait too long because we had a 5:30 ADR at Garden Grill that night, so they should have lunch fairly early. We also were hoping to just go to Epcot for dinner and then over to HS for EMH late hours.

DH and I went to DD...which DH HATES. We went into the Disney sports store there and were told that there are no tennis shoes sold on Disney property...at all...just flip-flops, crocs and sandals. DH was irked and told me we'd never fly to WDW again (if he had his car he could run to a shoe store). This was only our 2nd time flying, all other trips we drove....I guess there goes the flying :(. We decided we'd try House of Blues for lunch since DH (being on Atkins) couldn't eat at EoS or WPE (where we usually eat at DD). They had wings and salad at HoB...so off we went to eat there (and they take TIW card too, yay). On our walk over, we noticed a surf shop and I drug DH in to see if they had shoes...they did. DH bought some Nikes actually (not really athletic shoes- more like Converse flat sneakers, but better than what he had) and I bought a cushy pair of flip flops (they gave a DVC member discount...yay). We got to HoB right at 11:30 when they opened and were the 1st to be seated. We had a very good lunch there...so they are now on my list for a must-do lunch (replaced Y&Y). We got on the bus to go back to BCV as our kids were getting on a bus to come over to DD. They did their own thing and ate at EoS and went in Ghiradelli's for the free sample chocolate (wish I remembered that) and they looked in the stores a bit and then came back to BCV where DH and I had been resting.
DH at House of Blues
jan9-Copy_zpsc1ca5b7b.jpg

We all got ready and headed to Epcot for our 5:30 ADR at Garden Grill. We got there and waited to be seated. It was still busy in Epcot. We were seated on the outer rim overlooking the living land ride. It was kind of neat to rotate and see different things...we started where the house was with the barking dog on the porch and we went past the check-in/overlooking Sunshine Seasons CS place and the whole Land pavilion and we ended on the other part of the land ride that was rainforest-ish. The food was very similar to LTT which we had the night before, so that was not so thrilling for me. And it was a bit chaotic with guests coming/going and servers coming/going and characters visiting and folks letting their kids run around the rim unattended. Our server didn't seem to want to bring us more of anything, she tried to rush at our table and we had to stop her and ask for more...which would then take a while to get to our table. The dessert was ok...didn't knock our socks off. This was a character meal too and so it was expensive...we won't be going back...it just wasn't worth it to us. But good that we tried it.

jan4-Copy_zpsb3a3c2b0.jpg

jan-3-Copy_zps03a1cef0.jpg

jan-2-Copy_zps21cc1763.jpg

After we ate, we did a few things around Epcot and then hopped on the boat to go to HS for EMH. By the time the boat got to BCV, we decided to get off and call it a night. DH was ready to continue to push forward, but I suggested we just go to HS the next day since we have all day. I thought we'd get a good night's sleep and then go early for rope drop (or close to rope drop). DH mentioned wanting to go back to AK or MK to ride the roller coasters some more as well (I didn't care if we went back, I just wanted to get some time at HS). So, we went back and I did some laundry and the kids went to the arcade. We had been wanting to go to Beaches and Cream (I wanted a No Way Jose) and we thought we'd go this night. I let the kids hang in the arcade for an hour and a half and then went down to see if they wanted to try Beaches and Cream (it was about 9:30). The girls just wanted to go back to the room and were still full from dinner...as was I, so I tried to talk DS out of it but he really wanted to go (he wanted a Kitchen Sink and there was NO WAY he'd be able to eat that after our dinner at Garden Grill). I suggested we go for lunch the next day but DS wasn't going to eat at all before our dinner ADR at Ohana that night (even though it was at 9:15pm). DS grumpily agreed to pass on B&C (when I told him to get carry out and he looked at that menu which wasn't appealing to him) and we all headed up to our room. The kids went down to the quiet pool for a soak in the hot tub while DH and I laid in bed and watched TV (well, DH fell asleep and I forced myself to stay awake until the kids got back in). They came in around 10:30 and then I fell right off to sleep.

I want to mention that my kids are not fans of the 3D shows and never were...we'd drag them on as kids and they wouldn't wear their 3D glasses and sometimes they'd fuss a bit (when they were really little). They hated them. This trip we managed to go on 2. DS actually insisted on Captain EO...which I am not sure why but I think it may have to do with his cousins talking about it. We also did Philharmonic. We did not do any others...and like I already mentioned, we didn't do any shows. DH wanted to do the China and Canada films...our kids wouldn't do them either and I didn't care to do the Canada one (have seen it many many times)...so DH ended up doing them on his own (will mention later).

Day 5- 1/29- Our last day (we get on the DME at 8:35 the next AM)

We get up and get ready to head to HS (not quite in time for rope drop but not too far after)...the kids aren't moving quickly again, so DH and I decide to head out and tell them to meet us there. As we are walking through the courtyard, sweet DD comes running to catch us. She was ready and didn't want to wait on the slowpokes. We took the boat over to HS and got into the park...it was already crowded, but we FP (3 of us) Rockin' Roller Coaster (DS and I don't ride that anyway). Then, we walked right onto Star Tours and as I was buckling my seat belt for that, DS called and said they were just coming through the gate. They met us after we got off and we went over to Rockin' Roller coaster for the 3 to ride it. DS and I ran over to Toy Story Mania and FP it and then went over to meet the other 3. I noticed, after I got the FP, that the return time was 4:00-5:00 (and it was only 10:30-ish). Then, we hiked back over to Star Tours for DS and girly DD to ride with us. The 2nd time was a different ride...I liked it more than the 1st time. I was starving...we planned to eat lunch at HS. I was really wanting to do Sci-Fi, but DH turned his nose up due to his Atkins diet and the kids also did not want to eat there. We went back over to see about getting on RRC again but the wait was 40 minutes. We didn't know what to do and knew we couldn't hang around until our 4:00 FP and stand by line for Toy Story Mania was about 70 minutes. We decided to head out to eat lunch somewhere else. DH wanted to go to another park and then come back for the 4:00 FP and then keep going until our 9:15 ADR at Ohana...he wanted to go out with a bang. We were all worn down, though, and I had to pack. We all had to shower before Ohana as well. So, we decided that we'd all go to wherever we wanted for lunch and then head to Epcot for a bit before heading back to HS for 4:00 FP and then go back to get ready for Ohana. We got on boat and got off at BCV...where DS and DH walked over to Epcot to find lunch. DDs and I decided to eat at Beaches and Cream. DS was planning on going to Typhoon Lagoon that afternoon, but he decided against it as he really wanted to use the FP to Toy Story mania.
jan-1-Copy_zps30a9da65.jpg

DDs and I had meals and then dessert at B&C. I had a chili dog that was VERY good. We ordered the 3 special sundaes to share (No Way Jose, Milky Way and the Fudge Mud Slide). It said 3 scoops and we were thinking way smaller than what was brought out to us. OMG, our eyes nearly popped out when the server sat these down in front of us.
jan-trip3_zps8e31516e.jpg

The No Way Jose was the best one and the only one we finished...we barely even put a dent in the other two (could have shared just one sundae). We rolled out of there nearly in a dairy coma. That was the fullest I have EVER been in my life. It was sooooo good!

Then, we met DH and DS in Epcot where DH tells me he is off the Atkins diet (so he ate 2 Norwegian clubs for lunch). Uggghhh...he could have made the rest of the trip a tad easier if he was off that dang diet the entire time. Once at Epcot, we decided to just head back to rest a bit and pack up. We got back to BCV and I crashed in the bed. The girls went to their room to read or mess around on the Ipods...whatever it is they do. DS and DH decided to go to gym, so DH came in to put on some gym shorts and woke me up....uggghhhh. I got up and worked on washing/folding laundry and packing up. I had everything pretty much ready to be tossed in our luggage when it was time to hustle over to HS for our FP. DS was just showering and we had to hurry him (why do teens have to shower for 20-30 minutes?). We got there with 15 minutes left on our FP. We did Toy Story Mania (I really love that ride) and then the great movie ride and RRC still had a big wait. The girls and I had to head back to BCV to shower for Ohana. DH didn't want to sit around the room, so he went over to Epcot (this is when he did China and Canada films and had a couple snacks). He chose to walk from HS directly to Epcot...a boat had just pulled up so the rest of us decided to get on that. We passed by DH but had to make all the stops and by the time we got to BCV, DH was passing by the Sweets store at BWV. The kids and I decide to head over to BWV to check out the Sweets store. I texted DH and let him know, so he waited for us to come over. We all went in the store and bought $60 worth of sweets...most for gifts but some for kids to eat on the plane the next day. We then walked from BWV over to BCV and DH went on to Epcot. Here's the pics I took along that walk and other walks along those resorts during our trip.
jan-bcv_zps7c6bef6e.jpg

jan8-Copy_zps6139d9f8.jpg

jan7-Copy_zps745231b6.jpg

jan6-Copy_zpsc574f1a8.jpg

jan5-Copy_zps38ec0394.jpg

What we had all been waiting for- Ohana.

The kids and I get ready...they are very slow and take F-O-R-E-V-E-R. DH texts me at one point to ask where we are...we had planned to meet him at Epcot early enough to do some stuff...never happened. We got over there and decided to head right for the monorail. I suggested, if we had the time, that we stop off at the Contemporary and check out TOTW lounge at BLT. We seemed to have time so we went for it. DS stayed down on the 5th floor at BLT...he's not into heights.
jan-trip6_zps6b87cd5a.jpg

But, we had to literally snap that one pic and then head right back out to get to Ohana just a few minutes before our ADR time. We noticed that it is just a lot of time/work to travel from various places around WDW. I think all the traveling from here to there is what put such a hurtin' on us. The location of BCV/BWV is nice in that you can pop in and out of Epcot, but even taking the boat, you should count on at least 30 minutes to get where you want to go. When we took the bus back from MK that one night at around 10:30-11...it was packed full and we had to stand and hold on for a good 30-40 minutes as the bus made all it's stops. I thought, at one point, I was going to get sick and I could not wait to get off that bus.

We got to Ohana and had a GREAT dinner! It was as delish as we remember. They also were quick at our table (like at Garden Grill) and didn't seem to want to bring us seconds of the salad, pot stickers and wings (which we did want seconds of). They rushed those dishes away (with one pot sticker still in it that DD had wanted to eat) and began plopping the meat on our plates. They did constantly come around with the meat even when we were clearly done and just wanted that dessert....that wonderfully delicious dessert. It was a very good meal. We finished and headed out to hop on the monorail...but there was a sign saying the monorail was closed for the day. We figured we'd catch a bus to DD and then grab a bus back to BCV...ugggg, it was already close to 10:30. When we got to the bus stop, however, there was a CM there who asked where we were going and he told us we'd have our own bus take us directly to BCV. How awesome!!!! We got to our resort around 10:45. Sweet!!!! So, I finish packing up and then we hit the hay. We have to get up early for our DME.

Hey there fellow MD'er! I am loving the TR so far and I must say all I keep thinking is that maybe YOU and I should be doing some vacations together! I'm with you on the photos. I'm always the one taking them and find myself taking less and less since nobody wants their photo taken. My family is the same about the rides...must do only those. Many of my tweets and FB updates on this trip revolved around the torture methods I was using on my kids and family making them do SHOWS! Oh it was just UNREAL the complaints. I would just love to take a trip to take in the sights and enjoy things. I have yet to have that trip, especially with kids OR DH. I really think I'd love a solo trip honestly! :rotfl:

So we DID do the shows...and kids compained. We also felt every bit of our just barely 40+ selves and knew we couldn't tour like we used to do. Sadly, I'm the one pushing the limits more than DH though. I can't stand to sit in a hotel room and do NOTHING but watch tv or plug into something when I could be out enjoying the day while on vacation! :)

We had high hopes of doing so much more than we did, but once we left one park and even rested for a small time in the room, it was hard to get motivated to go back out.

I've started my TR but have not gotten too far yet. Link is in my siggy. I'm hoping to do more of it this week with the photos, but most of my photos this time were just scenic stuff.

Glad you had such a great vacation! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter