• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Edge?

sonocruiser

Mouseketeer
I am bringing my nieces on a cruise in April. They are 13 and 10 and a half. Will the 10 yo be able to go to the edge? I cannot see her wanting to go to the other club, especially without her sister.

Thanks

The best answer you'll get before boarding is "maybe." There have been reports of 10 yr olds being allowed to age-up to Edge, but it's not guaranteed and much depends on the demographics of your particular cruise (how many kids of each age onboard). You can speak with the counselors onboard. If she is not allowed to move up, the girls can attend Open House times together and there are many other activities around the ship they can do together.

Enjoy your cruise!

My daughter and her friends who are 10 years old were allowed to participate in Edge this week on the Magic. My daughter will turn 11 in two weeks but her friends do not turn 11 until Nov, which is a late birthday. However all 3 girls were allowed to enter Edge. The counselors added a sticker on their Key to the World card so that they could come and go at the Edge. They loved the Edge.

I hope this is the case, that she can go. We are only going for 3 days so I don't think they would spend alot of time there but I like the idea of them being together if they do want to try it. I would not want them to leave without me. Can I request that they do not have that ability?

I hope this is the case, that she can go. We are only going for 3 days so I don't think they would spend alot of time there but I like the idea of them being together if they do want to try it. I would not want them to leave without me. Can I request that they do not have that ability?
I am not sure about the Edge but I know for Oceaneers we had the option to allow them to leave without us and we did not allow it. My kids went back and forth from Oceaneers and Edge depending on the activity they wanted to participate in.

I am not sure about the Edge but I know for Oceaneers we had the option to allow them to leave without us and we did not allow it. My kids went back and forth from Oceaneers and Edge depending on the activity they wanted to participate in.

In Oceaneer's Club/Lab they can get sign out privileges (with a parent's signature) at age 8. I believe, in Oceaneer's that self-sign out can be withheld for those 11 & 12. In Edge, the kids can come and go as they wish.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter