• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Edge or Vibe

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
I piggybacked onto another thread, but thought I would ask a new question also. Will be traveling with nephews 14 & 16. I know the 14 year old can do either Edge or Vibe, while his brother will be Vibe only. Any teen experiences with the clubs would be appreciated. Also, on Castaway Cay is the teen area by the water? Thanks!

I piggybacked onto another thread, but thought I would ask a new question also. Will be traveling with nephews 14 & 16. I know the 14 year old can do either Edge or Vibe, while his brother will be Vibe only. Any teen experiences with the clubs would be appreciated. Also, on Castaway Cay is the teen area by the water? Thanks!
Which ship? If it's vibe on the dream or fantasy, definitely Vibe! My 14 year old took one look at vibe and there was no debate on which he would hang in.
Yes, teen area has it's own beach.

How about Magic? I have DD will be 14 at time of the cruise...

With magic, I would let her decide. My son was very disappointed with the Vibe teen club on the Magic but it was only because he had been in Vibe on the a Dream and wow, what a difference in size.
Here's another thought.. Google, disney cruise navigator and find one with the same itinerary as yours for the Magic and she can see the different activities they do in each club beforehand. Maybe that will help her in her decision.

Thanks for the input. We'll be on the Wonder.

Ok, than I'd let him look at both when he gets onboard. Both clubs are fine. It really depends on his maturity level.
Vibe is a lot more low key, coffee house style loft and edge was a bit noisier with very active camp counselors.
It never hurts to download a recent navigator and they can scan the activities to see what each club does.
Have fun!

My son has only been in Edge as he is now 12. It seems all 14 year olds make the move up to Vibe unless they have a friend or sibling to hang with in Edge. I would let them decide once onboard but have a feeling they will choose Vibe unless they don't want to hang out together.

My son will tell you the VIBE all day long. This will be his 1st cruise where he can not go to the vibe and he not sure what he will do. Good luck and have fun I know the kids will:cool1:

On the Transatlantic on the Magic in May my 14 year old ended up spending his days in the Edge. He started in the Vibe, but wasn't ever really feeling it. He was hanging out in our room a lot, so we encouraged him to go to the Edge with his younger brother and he was much better after that. He said the Vibe just didn't have enough going on. I'm sure it depends on the age spread of the kids on board too.

It was very nice that the 11 year olds and 14 year olds had two choices of where to go. I appreciated that a lot as a parent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter