ECVs at Downtown Disney?

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
Can we rent ECVs (or is it EVCs? I can never remember) at downtown Disney? Or rent them inside the parks and ride them in Downtown Disney?

i would like to know also. is it better to get them outside the park and can they be delivered to the goodneighbor hotels?

EDIT: Please see the post below from @Bigrob37 with correct info about using ECV's between both DLR and DCA as well as DTD.

If you're staying at a local hotel you should be able to rent an ECV and have it delivered to your hotel (and picked up from the hotel at the end of your rental). There are several local companies that rent ECV's, here are a couple recent threads about them:

Scooter?
ECV Rental Advice
Outside scooter rentals

Last edited:
You can rent them outside the parks, near Disneyland and can use it between the two parks. In the past, you couldn't take them to DTD but someone has said that now that security points have changed you can. I would call Disney and ask (I just checked the website and it doesn't say anything about being able to take them to DTD). Your best bet is to rent one from an off site company, then you can take it anywhere and it's cheaper if you are there for more than one day. I have used Deckert's Medical for years and they are great! They deliver and pick up at your hotel and they have reasonable prices and I get a discount every time now for being a past customer. I highly recommend them!

Last edited:

I don't see how they can restrict ECV's from going into Downtown Disney. My last trip I had no problem at security checkpoints with my ECV. I stayed at the GCH and used the security exit into DTD (as well as the security entrance into DCA). They will ask you if you can walk through the metal detector, but if you can't they will still let you in. Not sure of the exact process if you stay in your ECV, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have a wand to check you like at airports.

It's really best to rent them from an outside company, and they will deliver to your hotel. Then you can take them everywhere.. I've always used A Scooter 4 U.

i would like to know also. is it better to get them outside the park and can they be delivered to the goodneighbor hotels?

You can rent them at the park, but as others mentioned, you can't take them out since they are a daily rental that seems to be first come, first serve. We had to rent one for my husband last year from a third party company that delivered it to the hotel and picked it up from there when we were done. If you go with any third party, just be sure to check their site/reviews which will tell you if they deliver to your particular hotel. My husband used One Stop Mobility, but there's quite a few places that have them for rent.

Can we rent ECVs (or is it EVCs? I can never remember) at downtown Disney? Or rent them inside the parks and ride them in Downtown Disney?

You can rent ECVs from Disney at same location as stroller rentals. You have always been able to go between parks with the scooters. Now with the expanded security you are allowed to take them into downtown disney. My wife and Mother do this all the time and have confirmed it with the CMs renting the ECVS.

I don't see how they can restrict ECV's from going into Downtown Disney.

It's not that they restrict ECV's from DTD. They wouldn't let the ones rented at the park entrance go back out the security area. That was in 2016. Since then they have moved the security checkpoints outside of DTD so that would allow the ones rented at the park to be used within the secure area. I'm basing this on past experience and what I see posted here recently.

You can rent ECVs from Disney at same location as stroller rentals. You have always been able to go between parks with the scooters. Now with the expanded security you are allowed to take them into downtown disney. My wife and Mother do this all the time and have confirmed it with the CMs renting the ECVS.

Awesome! Now does anyone know if I can use gift cards to pay for it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter