ECVs and oxygen tanks

DarPa

Earning My Ears
HI! Last year my mother rented an ECV from outside the parks and had a holder in the back for her oxygen tank. I haven't had much luck finding out if there is such a thing on any of the scooters rented at the parks. The family will be staying off-site and it was very hard tearing down and putting back together the scooter to go back and forth from hotel to parks last year so she's decided to just rent from the parks each day. We know there are baskets but anyone know if they're equipped to hold oxygen tanks? Thanks for any help!

Bumping this up! Anybody know anybody whose had to deal with oxygen and scooters????

I don't have the phone number here, but this is a good question for WDW REsort Special Reservations. I will post the phone number after I get home. If they do have oxygen holders, the only problem I can see is that the ecvs are first come, first served (you can't reserve one), so she could be stuck with a wheelchair if you are going later in the day, at a busy time or switching parks during the day.

Thanks SueM I'll be waiting for that number! I know what you mean about the 1st come basis and no reservations for ECVs. Moms decided for the convenience she'll take her chances since her 81 yr. old mom will be renting one too. It was very hard to get the 2of them in and out last year and assembled all the time.We were there this past June and had noticed there were plenty left available upon returning to the parks after our afternoon breaks. Thanks again for your reply!

Sorry, I didn't get on the computer last night. We have been having some problems with "noisy" phonne lines, so we keep getting disconnected. Here's the phone number I mentioned:
RESORTS/SPECIAL RESERVATIONS
(407) 939-7807 [voice]
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]

Another thing I thought about is to find out from your oxygen supplier if they have some sort of removeable holder that you can use. If you don't already have the oxygen worked out,
Colonial Medical
http://www.colonialmed.com/about_cms.html
rents ecvs, wheelchairs and also lists respiratory equipment on their web site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter