ECV with sun canopy?

msr709

DISfan forever
Could someone that has rented an ECV with a canopy please post a link to the rental website? I've been having a very hard time getting a website for Deckerts that everyone raves about but I keep getting links to other things like knee caddies and wheelchairs but not the ECVs? I checked Apple Scooters and they don't seem to have the canopy, and I definitely need since one of medications warns about taking in direct sun and I just came from vacation in FL at WDW and had a terrible rash on my skin and it was because I didn't have any sun cover. I did my best but did not have the canopy and took in a lot of sun in WDW. I'd appreciate any input.:thumbsup2

My mom uses an ECV and I have yet to see one at DL-one of theirs or otherwise-with a canopy. In fact the only ones I have seen with a canopy around here are the ones they rent at Legoland, so if your travels take you there you will be in luck. My mom and I were talking about this the other day and we were thinking to get one of those little umbrellas you can attach to a chair and seeing of we could make it work for the ECV. We have not had an opportunity to try it yet though so I am not sure how it would work. If it does not work, she will do her usual big hat, lightweight long sleeves and skirts and hop from shady spot to shady spot. Hope that gives you an idea to try! Let me know if you have any success or if you come up with any other ideas!

It seems I was wrong about Scootaround it seems they have the canopy for the scooters in Florida but they do not appear in the site for Anaheim. :( I guess I gotta keep looking. The umbrella idea seems to be a solution, gotta find a place where they have them. Maybe I can mail it over to the hotel. Planning on staying at DLH.:thumbsup2

It seems I was wrong about Scootaround it seems they have the canopy for the scooters in Florida but they do not appear in the site for Anaheim. :( I guess I gotta keep looking. The umbrella idea seems to be a solution, gotta find a place where they have them. Maybe I can mail it over to the hotel. Planning on staying at DLH.:thumbsup2

Most of the shops in the park sell umbrellas for rain. They are black and I think would work fine for sun as well...maybe get an umbrella clamp?

The only place I can remember seeing the canopy on an ECV was at the place at Ramada Inn across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter