Ecv Rental

momof296&02

DIS Veteran
I am looking to rent my dad an ECV for our upcoming trip. Has anyone had any experiences with this & with using it on Disney Buses? If so, can you please tell me who you used & approx what the cost was? I am looking to rent for only 3 days.

TIA!

I just rented them at the parks. I think I paid $40 with a $20 refundable deposit. Or it was $60 with a $20 deposit. Unfortunately, I didnt plan ahead to rent it from somewhere else!! But it was still worth every penny. Some people had ones with a little shade, that would have been nice. Wish I could have been of better help.

We used I believe Buena Vista Scooters. No problems with the buses and you have it all of the time. I can't remember exactly what they charge per day. We rented them for a week for my parents. They delivered the scooter to the hotel at luggage pickup I believe and then we just returned them there as well. No hassels, great service!

Check out he Disabilities board it will have more information on companies, etc.

There is a lot of information on this topic on the DISabilities forum.

We have rented from Walker Mobility and from Randy's. They are about $35-40 per day, but Randy's is better if you are renting for a week, as they give you a break on the price - $200 per week.

The cost right now in the parks is $65, with a $20 rebate if you bring it back to the place you have rented from.

Have a wonderful trip!

I would suggest going over to the disABILITIES Forum. One of the first threads is the disABILITIES FAQs. On Post #2 we have a lot of information for people with mobility needs, including Disney rental prices and recommended (by DisBoarders) off-site rentals. Also posts #4 and #5 may be particularly useful. To get directly to the disABILITIES FAQs from here just click on the link in my signature.

i would go with Walker mobility. we had an ECV from them for the late afternoon of april 20th to the morning of april 25th and it only cost $130. it was $30 a day and they only charged for a 1/2 day if you didn't need it the whole day. a big difference from the parks!

it was so easy to get on the buses onsite. they have a ramp and you just drive it right on. if you are staying offsite then i wouldn't rent from an outside company. it was a big hassle for us!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 For Walker Mobility
Okay, here's the scoop:
One of my closest friends left for the World this morning. When her DH and DS packed the car last night, they forgot to put her EVC seat in the car. It detaches for easier transportation in a smaller vehicle. Well, she gets to the airport and no ECV seat. She calls me in tears because there's no time to come home and get it. Sooo, this morning I call Walker and ask about getting an ECV delivered TO WDW in ooohhh about 3 hrs. "Yep, we can have it to her hotel before noon," Walker rep tells me. I give them her CC# & all the info they need as she is on the plane by now. She called me at 1pm and all is well w/ her trip so far. She said it's like a brand new one. Cost for 6 day rental $185, not cheap, but not too pricey. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!! :goodvibes

I also recommend Walker Mobility. I have rented from them 2-3 times each year for the last 6-7 years. The scooter is at the WDW resort when I arrive, & I leave it with bell services the night before we leave. Once or twice I have had a problem with a scooter, & it was handled very promptly.

I used two providers. Randys for first time users. They throughly help you to learn about the scooter, how to break it down and transport, and to operate it.
There is a $170 cost per week, and $100 the second week. On the INternet at this link is a $10 off a week rental coupon to print and give to the service person.
http://www.orlandocouponsfree.com/other_coupons/scooter_rental.html

The second for season users, is Scootarama, $25 a day, $75 for three days. The scooter is delivered when you arrange drop off and they will come pick up at the drop point.
That is the least expensive I found other then the Randys weekly and coupon.

I found them both to be excellant!
dianne

I've been to WDW with scooters and traditional wheelchairs -- sometimes both in one trip! Last Sept. when we were there with my Mom who uses a scooter the buses were fine. You might have to be prepared to wait and be patient. The bus drivers will assist you in getting the scooter onto the bus. My DH was there and he helped get the ECV on and off the bus most times. My Mom would ride on the scooter either up the ramp or on the lift so that she didn't have to walk up the stairs -- those big stairs are a big problem for her. After it was on, she would hop off (ok, maybe not hop...) and my DH would take over and the driver would strap it all down. When leaving the parks be prepared to wait if you leave at the end of the night with the rush. Sometimes our party would wait for 3 buses or so for the crowds to die down and then we would go on the bus. We would split our party depending on how long the line was. My Mom would wait at the front for us so that she didn't have to snake around the line and we would wait in the line. So, when using the WDW bus system, just be prepared to be paitent. Good luck!

Thank you for all your wonderful input. I will speak to my dad this week & we'll decide what we are going to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter