ECV/Powerchairs size/fit...

KIMZKIDZ

Mouseketeer
Ok..grandma got approved for a power chair (not a scooter) Jiffy Ultra Lite..
it's 22inches wide while a reg. stateroom door is 23...no more handicapped staterooms in her category (11) she doesn't want to upgrade to a 5...
Anyone ever fit through the door with one of these? We may just have to take it apart to get it through the door...

We'll ask at the port to see if they'll upgrade her for no cost (Fat chance) but you never know....

KIMZKIDZ said:
Ok..grandma got approved for a power chair (not a scooter) Jiffy Ultra Lite..
it's 22inches wide while a reg. stateroom door is 23...no more handicapped staterooms in her category (11) she doesn't want to upgrade to a 5...
Anyone ever fit through the door with one of these? We may just have to take it apart to get it through the door...

We'll ask at the port to see if they'll upgrade her for no cost (Fat chance) but you never know....
Others will know this answer better than I but even if the chair goes through the doorway, it would be near to impossible to maneuver inside the door except in a room designed for it. I don't know the layout of all the rooms but I know most have a narrow hallway leading in and then not a lot of room before you get to the bed or other furniture. Many people on the ship who used wheelchairs and power chairs left them in the hallways when we were on the cruise.

There is also a list on this same forum called DisAbilities and the people there are extremely knowledgeable about such things. (Not to chase you away--just want you to have the best info!)

CB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter