• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV Parking Questions

Spoogle

Earning My Ears
Ok, I posted this morning about fitting an ECV in a minivan - I have that all figured out. My next question is about parking the ECV in the parks. Are there designated areas that my dad can park his ECV like you would a stroller? He would like to have the option to walk some, just needs the ECV to cover longer distances. Thanks!

ETA - All I can really find is what rides he can and can't go on with it. I'm just trying to figure out if he can leave it in one spot (like in Fantasyland, for example) and go on the rides there before moving onto the next land.

Last edited:
not sure when you are going but bring a large trash bag or something to cover seat and controller in case of rain as the stroller parking is not covered. if rain could happen I would have him use scooter in line to keep dry. just something to think about

Short answer: Yes, you can "park & walk". Folks do it all the time.

Quick tips: As Betty just mentioned, bring along something to cover the ECV if you are anticipating rain. My personal ECV has his own poncho! I also cover his handlebar controls with a shower cap, just as an extra precaution, because thats where all his electronics are.

Similarly, take along a towel to cover the seat (and maybe a hand towel for the tiller/handlebars) for hot days - worst thing in the world to have to sit on burning hot black plastic that has been baking in the sun!

For a rental scooter, tie a bright ribbon or bandana somewhere on the scooter; helps to identify it in a sea of similar rentals! Many rental companies will put a sticker or a "license plate" of sorts on that helps, but only if you can see the back end of it!

Don't leave any packages or items on the scooter when you park & walk. If the ECV has a key, take it with you.

Last but not least, remember that there is a better than even chance that the ECV *will* be moved while you are gone by a Cast Member. (They are constantly working to keep walkways as clear as possible) Don't freak out - just find a CM, describe the scooter (with your bright ribbon or bandana!) and they will help you find it.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter