ECV at universal

Disneyfanatic36

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to Disney and I thought I would surprise my DD 15 with a couple of days at Univeral and IOA. We have never been to either park and I wonder if 2 days are enough. I will have an ECV and I wonder if they have alternate entrances like they do at Disney. Will I have trouble getting around at Universal. We are going Thanksgiving week, will the crowds be too bad to bother with going. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

As long as you don't suck at controlling it, you'll be good because each ride/show has its own wheelchair/ECV entrance. However, at IOA, don't go wandering off into the little hidden walkways--they're thin, bumpy, and have small staircases which you do not want to get stuck on. Also, the little museums in Universal before or after rides can be hard to navigate even if you're walking. As long as you just stay on main paths and avoid the tiny thematic pathways, you'll have a great time.

Just don't plan on going to IOA during Christmastime--so crowded, it's hard to breathe:eek:

Both IOA and Universal are ADA complaint and you will go through the regular lines. On some of the rides, you may need to transfer to a wheelchair as some of the queues/rides are not accessible via ECV. For more information, you can go to http://www.universalorlando.com. Then look for the tab that says "hours and info", click on Guest Services. On that page is a download for ADA information for the parks.

We are going Thanksgiving week, will the crowds be too bad to bother with going. Any help or advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Nah...the crowds shouldn't be too bad before Thanksgiving but avoid the weekend after...it will be very busy then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter