• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV at Grand Californian

disneyfifs

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if an ECV will fit okay in a standard room at the Grand Californian? My father doesn't necessarily need the features of an accessible room, he just needs an ECV for walking longer distances. Should I book regular standard or accessible standard? Thank you for any thoughts.

They fit in the room, but can be a tight fit. If you leave them in the halls overnight, they often "disappear". Security will take them to the bell desk. You can leave it at the bell desk if it doesn't fit.

I've parked in a standard room, but it is easier in an accessible room. Our last visit to GCH we were able to park two scooters in an accessible room. You may have to shift furniture a little, but if you request a room without a love seat, it'll fit with no problem.

On my September trip we stayed at the Grand and I charged my ECV in the hallway each night. It was there every morning! The front desk even suggested I do this, so I don't think security will take it away! It will fit in the room but it's easier to park it in the hall!

Thank you for the information. Charging in the hallway sure sounds like the easiest choice.

This is news to me since they frown on this at WDW! So glad I'm doing research here.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter