Economical condo or suite style room near Disney

pmanko

Mouseketeer
we are making a quick stop in Orlando in mid-November; this is our off year to visit the parks so we thought we stay a few nights before heading to the beach and do some "nonpark" activities. We aren't looking to spend a fortune, we spent a fortune last yr staying 6 nights in AKL (worth every penny - but, now it's thrifty time!).
I prefer a condo w/ a separate bedroom with at least a refridgerator and a microwave. I will settle for a suite style hotel with the same amenties. It's just my DH, myself and our DS who is 3; he still naps - so the separate bedroom is a plus and we need to have fridge and microwave for a quick meal or two.
It's just for 2 nights - maybe 3 if we can get a good deal. Will probably be during the week so rates s/b lower.
A nice pool and /or free bkfast is a bonus.
We don't really need shuttle service as we'll more than likely have a rental.
I would like to be close to DD - but, anywhere w/in a few miles of WDW is fine.
Thanks!

Embassy Suites at Lake Buena Vista have rooms with a living room and kitchenette that are seperate from the bedroom. There's also Marriott's Cypress Harbour (it's near Sea World). The Marriott is a timeshare resort and their prices are great for the condo type of room you can get.

I ended up getting ressies here - has a separate bedroom, full kitchen, w/in 5 mins of DTD - w/ my AAA it was about $75 a night. That was definitely the best deal I could find for a 3 star hotel offering a one bedroom. Looks nice too!
:thumbsup2

we are making a quick stop in Orlando in mid-November; this is our off year to visit the parks so we thought we stay a few nights before heading to the beach and do some "nonpark" activities. We aren't looking to spend a fortune, we spent a fortune last yr staying 6 nights in AKL (worth every penny - but, now it's thrifty time!).
I prefer a condo w/ a separate bedroom with at least a refridgerator and a microwave. I will settle for a suite style hotel with the same amenties. It's just my DH, myself and our DS who is 3; he still naps - so the separate bedroom is a plus and we need to have fridge and microwave for a quick meal or two.
It's just for 2 nights - maybe 3 if we can get a good deal. Will probably be during the week so rates s/b lower.
A nice pool and /or free bkfast is a bonus.
We don't really need shuttle service as we'll more than likely have a rental.
I would like to be close to DD - but, anywhere w/in a few miles of WDW is fine.
Thanks!
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is located next to the Caribbean Beach resort and a 2-bedroom villa can be had on eBay and other places for around $100 a night.

Check out the "We looooooooove Bonnet Creek" thread on Orlando hotels and attractions board.

Recently, someone posted that they sold their DVC and bought into Bonnet Creek!

You should post this on 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' Forum. There will be lots of info there.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Double Tree in Downtown Disney. Check on Mousesavers.com for special deals. Mousesavers deal also includes breakfast for 2 people in the room. The rooms have a bedroom, a living room with sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. We have stayed there a lot when we needed something close to Disney, but didn't want to pay Disney prices (I know, sacrilege).

We have even been lucky enough a few times to book them online from the parking lot and walk right in and get our room when we had a last minute chance to add a day to our time at the World.

The part I like the best is the Chocolate Cookies you get when you check in :thumbsup2. Yummmmmm.

they were on my list - I checked thier reviews on Tripadvisor.com and they were a ton of complaints - mostly about the elevator being broken and the one remaining working elevator was very S L O W. But, hoping that would be resolved by Nov -I still checked them out.
Thier best rate was $120 for the same type of room (less a full kitchen). Plus they charge $8 to park. Yes, it's right across the street from DTD....but, not worth the extra $$ IMO.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is more than double - almost $200... I would stay "on-site" at a WDW resort for that price - I only paid $230 for a 1 bedroom villa at AKL - Kidani!

they were on my list - I checked thier reviews on Tripadvisor.com and they were a ton of complaints - mostly about the elevator being broken and the one remaining working elevator was very S L O W. But, hoping that would be resolved by Nov -I still checked them out.
Thier best rate was $120 for the same type of room (less a full kitchen). Plus they charge $8 to park. Yes, it's right across the street from DTD....but, not worth the extra $$ IMO.

Never had any problems with either elevator when we were there. (Last time was December 2009)

The $120/night, if you go through the Mousesavers.com link, you get continental breakfast for 2 adults & 2 kids.

JMHO, but for us it has been well worth it to be that close to WDW. We have stayed there so often that we now know the ropes of how to get around without using our car. Of course we enjoy walking, so we walked to DTD and also to the Crossroads shopping center at 535.

We have stayed both onsite & offsite and DTDTD is my preference to going offsite. (onsite, but not a WDW hotel) The times we stayed offsite we had to take the car everywhere. We are on vacation. We drive down & park the car and hopefully don't have to use it again till we drive home.

Never had any problems with either elevator when we were there. (Last time was December 2009)

The $120/night, if you go through the Mousesavers.com link, you get continental breakfast for 2 adults & 2 kids.

JMHO, but for us it has been well worth it to be that close to WDW. We have stayed there so often that we now know the ropes of how to get around without using our car. Of course we enjoy walking, so we walked to DTD and also to the Crossroads shopping center at 535.

We have stayed both onsite & offsite and DTDTD is my preference to going offsite. (onsite, but not a WDW hotel) The times we stayed offsite we had to take the car everywhere. We are on vacation. We drive down & park the car and hopefully don't have to use it again till we drive home.

you are tempting me for sure!! If I thought I could swing not needing the rental car while we were in Orlando, I'd probably go for it and spend the extra $50/ night on Doubletree. (we also get a free breakfast at Hawthorn). BUT, we'll need the car more than likely... to get grocercies, get from the airport, etc...
soooo, unless the rates take a dip in the next month or so I think we'll be staying at the Hawthorn, which, is close, and looks pretty nice!
Next year, God willing, we'll be back onsite!! Probably back at the AKL - woohoo!!:banana:

you are tempting me for sure!! If I thought I could swing not needing the rental car while we were in Orlando, I'd probably go for it and spend the extra $50/ night on Doubletree. (we also get a free breakfast at Hawthorn). BUT, we'll need the car more than likely... to get grocercies, get from the airport, etc...
soooo, unless the rates take a dip in the next month or so I think we'll be staying at the Hawthorn, which, is close, and looks pretty nice!
Next year, God willing, we'll be back onsite!! Probably back at the AKL - woohoo!!:banana:

Are you going to the parks while you are there? If you are & you are not an AP holder and since you won't be staying onsite, you will have to pay $14/day to park at the parks. You would have to pay to park at the parks if you stay at the DT but their busses aren't too bad and if you want to take Disney transportation you can walk to DTD and take a bus to a Disney hotel & then on to a park. This is what we do if we don't want to wait for a DTD hotel bus. It also gives us a chance to see the resorts.

Two words.....BONNET CREEK !!!!!!

Bigger accommodations than DVC (1 & 2 br villas), less than half (I checked rates in november a few weeks ago and found a 1 BR villa for $192 p/night + tax.

Closer than DTD hotels.

AND.....it's a 5 star resort. Even the Grand Floridian was never able to earn that ellusive 5th star!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek is more than double - almost $200... I would stay "on-site" at a WDW resort for that price - I only paid $230 for a 1 bedroom villa at AKL - Kidani!
I've never paid more than $100 a night for Wyndham Bonnet Creek and usually less -- but I never book directly from Wyndham.

Look on eBay and there are lots of people renting reservations there. You can also check out the "We looooove Bonnet Creek" thread in the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.

We've stayed at the Doubletree and we loved it. The rooms are large, and we had a great (though distant) view of TOT. I've seen it for $99 a night, and I know sometimes, if you get the Mousesavers newsletter, you can get it for MUCH less.

I've never paid more than $100 a night for Wyndham Bonnet Creek and usually less -- but I never book directly from Wyndham.

Look on eBay and there are lots of people renting reservations there. You can also check out the "We looooove Bonnet Creek" thread in the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.

Thanks - I will take a look!!:thumbsup2

WOW Upatnoon - I should have checked ebay a lot sooner - you were so RIGHT! :banana:
I got an offer for a 1 bedroom for 3 nights for $239 plus tax (so, ~$80/night + tax).

I haven't purchased yet - need to verify a few things - parking charges, timeshare obligations, free breakfast, ebay feedback, paypal, etc - but, I can't see me not going for it!
THANKS!!

As for the other comment from someone else about it being a 5 star - I am not seeing it is a five star on Trip advisor - it does not look like a 5 star or nicer than the GF; but, looks a lot nicer than the Hawthorne and it is ON-SITE!

Parking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek is free. You will love the location. There are lots of photos in the "We looooove Bonnet Creek" thread.

On ebay, some of the people who rent Bonnet Creek charge taxes --- but some do not.

In any case, its a tremendous value.

There is so much out there. I stayed in a 4 bedroom condo, fully furnished, jacuzzi, TV, dvds, household supplies, etc. for $110 or $120/night. There was a pool. It wasn't private, but there were never more than 4 or 5 other people there and several times, we were alone.

AND there were lots of Disney decorations. :)

Take your time. Look around the web.

Go toward the light. :) You get so much more for so much less once you venture off the WDW property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter