Econolodge 6 miles from Hershey, Is it clean?

disneydreamersx4

DIS Veteran
Update, do not stay at linglestown road!

Has anyone ever been to this Econolodge?
7930 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg. It's about 6 miles from Hershey. Is it a clean place? That's all I care about. The lady on the phone was very nice. Thank you so much

I don't know about that - but I pricelined a hotel in Hershey back last November and we got the Best Western - very pleased with it ($35 a night too!) and it was like just a little more than 5 min from Hershey Park/Chocolate factor plus free breakfast!

Good Luck!

Tripadvisor does not have a review.

The rates on priceline are well over $100 for this hotel. I got a AAA rate of $81. I think I'll just chance it and go there....thanks for your help.

I always bid on my hotels when using priceline - that way you can pick the region and the star rating you want (which is closest to where you want to be).

Thats how I got Best Western for $35 a night....in Hershey (reg I think $109 a night).

Of course I bid on all my hotels when going thru priceline - so far have never had a bad hotel.

Good Luck!

Oh, so you bid on priceline. I've never done something like that, very interesting. When you bid do you HAVE to pay for the hotel that instant?

We stayed at the Econolodge in Grantville, 10 minutes down the road from hershey, and ir was clean!

sorry, that tripadviser review is not the location I am looking at. This is the one on 7930 Linglestown Road, Harrisburg

We stayed at the Econolodge in Grantville, 10 minutes down the road from hershey, and ir was clean!

That is where we stay every trip. More hotels have grown around the area but with AAA price you can't beat it. Clean, never a complaint.

I do an orbitz. HOTEL.com. etc to get rates, and they really are not much off from a AAA card.

:surfweb:

We stayed at an Econolodge very close to Hershey...it was TERRIBLE! I will look up my Choice Rewards profile now and see if this is the one. I would not stay there again.

The lobby and halls smelled heavily of some sort of incense and were VERY hot (over 90 degrees at 10 at night). The room was not very clean, no lighting in the parking area.

I just checked and the hotel I mentioned is 15 miles from Hershey. The address is 860 North Front Street Wormleysburg, PA. Don't go there!

I would go to tripadvisor and check the reviews from real people. We have found them reliable.

Do you have the address for this Grantville location?

This Econo lodge is NOW the Days Inn,.
252 Bow creek rd
Grantville, PA 17028
(717) 469-0631

Recently redone. I have not stayed since then though. When it was the oldeer site it was clean, pleasant, very happy.

I recently stayed at the Econo lodge NORTH in Lancaster $45 a night for AARP rate. THe ONLY complaint, I have a very, very bad back, and sleep in a recliner. So sleeping on the bed was a tough time. Previously I never had an issue wih mattresses.
I think a sleep foam egg crate would have been okay. My son ran to Walmart and bought one for his self.

I was going to stay at the Knights Inn Palmyra, for $49.99, but cancelled as we were still in Lancaster.

Anyone traveling to Hershey Lancaster area, we had a real treat. We boarded the AMTRAK in downtown Lancaster parked for $5 and bought tickets to the Harrisburg Station. It was $8 adults and $4 for kids 16 and under, The train went over a hundred miles per hours at time. The stations are sooo old and and historic trip in time!!!!!
It was about a 50 minute trip, about 45 minute lay over, stopped at the snack shop, pictures of old parked trains, then boarded back for the return trip.

So many things close at 5 pm in Lancaster, something extra, especially that the trip was great fun. After Strassburg Railroad, is was the top off of the trip.

So, I checked with AAA and they gave the Econolodge on Lucy Ave a one diamond so I cancelled that reservation.

Check the reviews of people that stay there like on Orbitz and the such. I stayed there during police training classes at the academy and was impressed with the hotel. I even left a skirt and dress jacket there and the held it for my return the following week.
MUCH NICER then the one yesterday in Lancaster North. I thought that one at least had shampoo, lotion, etc.....

The Econo lodge in Lancaster North, I am not sure if it is the chain wide anymore, but no shampoo, no blow dryer, no ironing, small breakfast bar at that one of bagels, donuts, toast, coffee and such. Did not see cereal or fruit per infor by the 14 year old.

We had a front desk iron and board, mini board, and historic iron but it worked, Only 2 pillows on the beds...

I am at the Holiday Inn Express in Elizabethtown, north of Lancaster and south of Hershey. (About 15-20 minutes to both) the hotel is great. I got the room on priceline for $60 dollars a night and called to upgrade the room for an extra $20 a night. I have 2 queen beds and a pull-out couch. The room is huge! The only downside is there isn't a pool, but otherwise it's a great hotel. I would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter