Eclipse in Disneyland?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
The solar eclipse will be happening on Monday April 8. I'll be in the parks and am wondering about the best place to try to see it. Maybe just look up lol.

I guess it depends on cloud cover etc. Is anyone else going on April 8, and will you try to look at the eclipse?

It's supposed to start at 10:05 am and peak at 11:12.Ending at 12:20. It's only 60% totality, but still cool. I luckily have eclipse glasses left over from last year.

I’ll be there
I won’t look up since I don’t have eclipse glasses, but I’ll be watching the ground for cool shadows!

The solar eclipse will be happening on Monday April 8. I'll be in the parks and am wondering about the best place to try to see it. Maybe just look up lol.

I guess it depends on cloud cover etc. Is anyone else going on April 8, and will you try to look at the eclipse?

It's supposed to start at 10:05 am and peak at 11:12.Ending at 12:20. It's only 60% totality, but still cool. I luckily have eclipse glasses left over from last year.
I think viewing a partially eclipsed sun over Batuu would be a nifty sight! Space Mountain would also be an appropriate location.

Check out this video. I'm not sure what time of day this was filmed. It looks like the teacups had a cool shadow effect.

The one we had several years ago made cool wave like shadows on the ground...really neat photos!

A message for everyone: don’t forget to check the lenses on any eclipse glasses you have. Depending on when they are made they do expire, but more importantly make sure they aren’t damaged (torn, scratched, punctured, etc…)
Oh, I had no idea they could expire. I'll make sure mine are in good condition. Thanks!

The eclipse was really cool! I was surprised more people weren't watching it. Throughout the park I only saw maybe 20 other people at the most trying to watch it.

For part of it we were at the Minnie breakfast. Here's Chip (I think) trying to use my eclipse glasses :)

Attachments

• IMG_7867.JPG
    IMG_7867.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 11
The eclipse was really cool! I was surprised more people weren't watching it. Throughout the park I only saw maybe 20 other people at the most trying to watch it.

For part of it we were at the Minnie breakfast. Here's Chip (I think) trying to use my eclipse glasses :)
This is so cute! Love it 🤩

We were in DCA on the day of the eclipse and one of the Citizens of Buena Vista Street stopped my sister and asked her if she wanted to see something amazing. We had both forgotten it was the eclipse day so we thought the CM was doing a bit. She held the glasses up to my sister's face and told her to look to the left. We were both waiting for the joke but then she saw the eclipse, it was SO cool!

We were in DCA on the day of the eclipse and one of the Citizens of Buena Vista Street stopped my sister and asked her if she wanted to see something amazing. We had both forgotten it was the eclipse day so we thought the CM was doing a bit. She held the glasses up to my sister's face and told her to look to the left. We were both waiting for the joke but then she saw the eclipse, it was SO cool!
That's so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter