EBTA 2014...Across the Atlantic we go!!!

Last year those of us with the best discounted offer, I don't know the term, were the last to get our cabins. They did the normal GTY first, which should be soon I would think. They try and sell at a better price as long as possible I think and then do these cheap rates.

I just looked back to last year and we got our cabin on 24th April and the cruise left 2nd May. So, about 8 days prior. We had the amazing discounted rate last year.

Hopefully they will do them sooner for you this time.

Last year those of us with the best discounted offer, I don't know the term, were the last to get our cabins. They did the normal GTY first, which should be soon I would think. They try and sell at a better price as long as possible I think and then do these cheap rates. I just looked back to last year and we got our cabin on 24th April and the cruise left 2nd May. So, about 8 days prior. We had the amazing discounted rate last year. Hopefully they will do them sooner for you this time.

Thanks I will stop the constant checking. LOL.

Tammy, I should have mentioned that was the Panama Canal cruise last year, not the TA. You probably guess that but I wasn't clear and possibly thought this was the PC thread. I do get confused having 2 cruises close together:rotfl2:.

Oh and that WBPC cruise left on 6th May, not 2nd, that is this years!!! See paragraph just before this one, so confused:blush::blush::rotfl:.

Tammy, I should have mentioned that was the Panama Canal cruise last year, not the TA. You probably guess that but I wasn't clear and possibly thought this was the PC thread. I do get confused having 2 cruises close together:rotfl2:. Oh and that WBPC cruise left on 6th May, not 2nd, that is this years!!! See paragraph just before this one, so confused:blush::blush::rotfl:.

No worries. I just was thinking I would have a room number by now. However, they might put us anywhere they like I guess.

I remember on the 2008 WBPC about half the ship seemed to be GTY. Back then the PC cruises were rare and special and the ship booked up straight away with rooms being GTY by the end of the first booking day, and from then on. We were booked the first day and were GTY. We became the Lifeboat gang(or crew) and chose our own lifeboats. Deb had t shirts made for some. A lot of fun to help pass the time till the rooms were released though sounds silly now when out of the situation. Then it was about 5 weeks out when the rooms were allocated as they were normal GTY. No need for special rates back then. Any later bookings were always more expensive as time went on.

I remember on the 2008 WBPC about half the ship seemed to be GTY. Back then the PC cruises were rare and special and the ship booked up straight away with rooms being GTY by the end of the first booking day, and from then on. We were booked the first day and were GTY. We became the Lifeboat gang(or crew) and chose our own lifeboats. Deb had t shirts made for some. A lot of fun to help pass the time till the rooms were released though sounds silly now when out of the situation. Then it was about 5 weeks out when the rooms were allocated as they were normal GTY. No need for special rates back then. Any later bookings were always more expensive as time went on.

I remember that! I was guarantee also at that time. Oh well, I don't have alot of time to wait now.

:cool1: Last call for anyone who would like to LINK DINING with others on this cruise! Please respond with your reservation number and whether you're first (main) seating or second (later) seating and whether you want an adults only table or a family table. Linked Dining means that you will be on the same rotation as other DISboard members AND Facebook members in the same section of the restaurant. FunFunFun!:dance3::dance3::dance3: If you wish to private message me instead, go right ahead. THE LINKED DINING WILL BE CALLED IN ON TUESDAY, APRIL 1. and that's no April Fool's joke. :lmao:

Hey everyone,

I'm pushing this out again :goodvibes

If you wish to participate in any of the group alcohol tastings onboard please let me know, if you have signed up you will have received a pm from me or your name will be on a list on the facebook group.

If you signed up by any means other the pm with myself here or on facebook you are NOT on the list as the original organiser did not pass on any info to me. I would hate for anyone to miss out.

Mixology - 22nd May Group 1 2-3pm, Group 2 4-5pm FULL

Tequila/Margarita - 24th May 2-3pm

Martini - 25th May 2-3pm

I will be closing lists in the next couple of weeks or if they fill up, please check if you are wanting to take part. I had someone contact this week who signed up at the start and assumed I had them.

Hello everyone!

I am just now discovering this board -and I'm incredibly overwhelmed and excited all at once!

We've traveled once on the Dream and the Fantasy on the concierge level ---and are going for our 3rd cruise on the Transatlantic -but no concierge level is available this journey. But it's also on the Magic which doesn't have the same amenities as the other ships, so I heard we're not missing much! :cool1:

I'm ordering my first Fish Extender, and we're a small family - just two adults with a 3 year old. Do we just get the one pocket for the little guy? How does it work?

Also -- I'm hoping to finalize booking with Small World Vacations -- does anyone have any recommendations for getting any OBCs or otherwise? This was a last minute decision to book, but we'd still like to get the best deal possible... You guys are so advanced on your knowledge! I thank you all so much for reading my disjointed thoughts! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :hyper:

~victoria

ActingVP said:
Hello everyone!

I am just now discovering this board -and I'm incredibly overwhelmed and excited all at once!

We've traveled once on the Dream and the Fantasy on the concierge level ---and are going for our 3rd cruise on the Transatlantic -but no concierge level is available this journey. But it's also on the Magic which doesn't have the same amenities as the other ships, so I heard we're not missing much! :cool1:

I'm ordering my first Fish Extender, and we're a small family - just two adults with a 3 year old. Do we just get the one pocket for the little guy? How does it work?

Also -- I'm hoping to finalize booking with Small World Vacations -- does anyone have any recommendations for getting any OBCs or otherwise? This was a last minute decision to book, but we'd still like to get the best deal possible... You guys are so advanced on your knowledge! I thank you all so much for reading my disjointed thoughts! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :hyper:

~victoria

Hi! Welcome to the Group! If your on Facebook join us! As far as Fish Extenders, make sure to sign up so your able to get into a group! I belive on the first page is directions to join it!
As far as getting a OBC, I'm not sure. We moved a reservation that we made through Disney to receive our credit. I'm sure other people will know!

Hi, all! I'm not sure why, but I couldn't find this thread until now. :confused3

Our cast of characters: me (Glenna), DH (David) and DS (Sam). This trip is in celebration of a bunch of "stuff": DS and I share a birthday on 5/14 (he'll be 10 and I'll be entering a new decade, too ;) ), DH and I will be celebrating 16 years of marriage on 5/17, and I just got the fantastic news that the 28-pound (!) ovarian cyst that was removed last week was completely benign! :cheer2:

Sam would love to have an e-penpal or two to meet up with in Oceaneer's Lab. He's into computers, LEGO robotics, logic-type board games (think Settlers of Catan and Carcassonne), and XBOX. He'd love to have a couple of buddies to hang out with on the cruise, and it's easier for him to make friends if he's talked with them before. We're homeschoolers, so that common interest would be a bonus! ;-)

I can't believe the cruise is coming up so soon! I just hope that my recovery continues as expected; I would absolutely hate to have to cancel. Keeping my fingers crossed. pixiedust:

Linked Dining - can someone help me out as I'm in China and I can't access Facebook to see the group but I need to double-check that I've added my DH to the linked dining. I know I'm on there and I've put my reservation number but not sure if I put DH's name. Hopefully someone will see this - there are just the 2 of us - Paul and Angela Thurstance for the adult's only late dining group. Thanks.

Linked Dining - can someone help me out as I'm in China and I can't access Facebook to see the group but I need to double-check that I've added my DH to the linked dining. I know I'm on there and I've put my reservation number but not sure if I put DH's name. Hopefully someone will see this - there are just the 2 of us - Paul and Angela Thurstance for the adult's only late dining group. Thanks.

I checked for you-you are both on there.

Yes! I have you scheduled for two adults at the 8:15 second seating, adults only table. Looking forward to meeting you-- safe trip! --Jacquie

Is this the right thread/area for Magic - May 2014 Transatlantic FE group? As I mentioned before, I'm new.... I want to know that I'm with the right crowd! :)

I also joined a couple of FB groups - but still feel like a noob.

Help!

ActingVP said:
Is this the right thread/area for Magic - May 2014 Transatlantic FE group? As I mentioned before, I'm new.... I want to know that I'm with the right crowd! :)

I also joined a couple of FB groups - but still feel like a noob.

Help!

You're in the right place but you need to make sure you're signed up for the FE if you want to take part. Did you find the fb group ok? There's alot going on and it can feel overwhelming..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter