EBTA 2014...Across the Atlantic we go!!!

Just realised the 200 days to go milestone slipped past without me even noticing it ... I think I need to concentrate a bit more. :upsidedow:upsidedow

So now we have less than 200 days to go ... not long at all !!!!:rotfl2:

We made our reservation Friday! Will be myself, DH, DS8, and DD5. Little nervous as this is only our second cruise with the first being on the Dream for 3 nights. I have horrible motion sickness but did fine on the Dream with daily Bonine. Have read crossing the Atlantic is not so calm so a little worried. Please tell me I'll be having so much fun I won't even notice the motion of the ocean! :rotfl:

We made our reservation Friday! Will be myself, DH, DS8, and DD5. Little nervous as this is only our second cruise with the first being on the Dream for 3 nights. I have horrible motion sickness but did fine on the Dream with daily Bonine. Have read crossing the Atlantic is not so calm so a little worried. Please tell me I'll be having so much fun I won't even notice the motion of the ocean! :rotfl:

Hi and welcome.

This will be our 2nd time cruising (first was 7 night on the Med). I was worried about motion sickness but I was fine. I am hoping that it wasn't a flute and all will be well on the Transatlantic. :)

Not to worry...on the EBTA 2013, the water was smooth most of the crossing and we didn't rock or roll until we were near Madeira.. then we had a really rocky night..

the worst weather I have had was on the Dream..IMHO I would think that with Bonine, things will be fine..but then again :confused3

I'm sure you are right and I'll be fine! Just need to make sure to bring plenty of Bonine!

As we have never been on an extended cruise, are there any things we should make sure to bring with us as they are not available on the ship? I typically always bring a first aid kit type thing on any trip. Is there a list somewhere of "what you may not think you need on a transatlantic cruise but will"? ;)

Been thinking about Chocolate Tasting ..we could do this in promenade lounge and bring chocolate from "home' ( Ghiradelli from DTD::yes::) , wine or champagne from bar or your room..For the official chocolate tasting, there was white, milk and dark chocolate and some caramel, red wine, champagne, scotch and port.

what do you think?? Just eat chocolate and drink what you like??

I haven't been on the boards for a while or I would've spoken up before... I LOVE this idea! I say we do it even if it's just you, me, & my daughter (who's 22 btw)! :thumbsup2

I haven't been on the boards for a while or I would've spoken up before... I LOVE this idea! I say we do it even if it's just you, me, & my daughter (who's 22 btw)! :thumbsup2

I like this idea too! That would be so much fun, I love chocolate!

Good morning everyone. My 12-year-old granddaughter is going on this cruise with us and would love to email other girls around her age who are also going. If you have a daughter or granddaughter who would like to get to know another girl before the trip, please message me. We also have two rascally grandsons--ages 8 and 9--who are going.

Ditto! We can bring Frango Mints from Chicago. Did someone want to put this in the Google Docs?

Ooh, you guys will have a blast doing chocolate tastings :thumbsup2!

(We don't drink alcohol, so will opt out.)

Been thinking about Chocolate Tasting ..we could do this in promenade lounge and bring chocolate from "home' ( Ghiradelli from DTD::yes::) , wine or champagne from bar or your room..For the official chocolate tasting, there was white, milk and dark chocolate and some caramel, red wine, champagne, scotch and port.

what do you think?? Just eat chocolate and drink what you like??

I like this idea too! That would be so much fun, I love chocolate!

Ditto! We can bring Frango Mints from Chicago. Did someone want to put this in the Google Docs?

I like the idea that this is a Couples Event! :earsgirl::earsboy:
Putting it in the Google docs is a great idea :thumbsup2 and depending on when it is scheduled, we are interested! ::yes::

Seems like people who don't drink alcohol can still come and drink what they choose. :cheer2: If we call it a Chocolate Tasting it might up the attendance.

Jan :earsgirl:

!!

Wait a minute! I am from Chicago too..Small world ( que the music to small world) Do they still have Frangos?? Once Macy bought Field's, I haven't been there..Frango's would be great!

I like the idea that this is a Couples Event! :earsgirl::earsboy:
Putting it in the Google docs is a great idea :thumbsup2 and depending on when it is scheduled, we are interested! ::yes::

Seems like people who don't drink alcohol can still come and drink what they choose. :cheer2: If we call it a Chocolate Tasting it might up the attendance.

Jan :ears girl:

Great Idea Jan. :thumbsup2 We could do the chocolate tasting on one of the sea days..maybe May 22nd or 23rd?

!!

Wait a minute! I am from Chicago too..Small world ( que the music to small world) Do they still have Frangos?? Once Macy bought Field's, I haven't been there..Frango's would be great!

Yes, they still have them. And unlike Field's, Macy's occasionally puts them on SALE! Geffric, Are you still in Chicago? If so, the Chicagolanders on this cruise are getting together for a mini-meet at the Museum of Science and Industry on Nov 23. Check out https://www.facebook.com/events/546466805420865/

Thanks for the reply sasmmb. But I cant go Nov 23rd..have fun at the museum. Other Chicagoans are getting together at other times, join us..

Ok sorry I've been really quiet I'm back from our 5 night on the magic and ready to get stuck into all the going on for this cruise :) Off to check the google docs x

Thanks for the reply sasmmb. But I cant go Nov 23rd..have fun at the museum. Other Chicagoans are getting together at other times, join us..

Do we have a list of meets? Could some Indianapolis people come too?

Jan :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter