• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBTA 2014...Across the Atlantic we go!!!

Hi, just thought I would introduce myself as I am booked on this cruise. It will be myself (Julie) and my mum (Pam) joining you all on this trip across the Atlantic. This will be my ninth Disney cruise but I have never done a TA cruise before and I am looking forward to all those sea days as normally I dont have time to do any of the stuff in the navigator.
I have requested to join the face book page and have filled in my details on the roll call.
I have a 4 night Med cruise with DH in August to tide me over until next May:woohoo:

I found an image on the Disney Park Blog that I really liked. I've added some text that applies to our cruise and upped the resolution.

9051930635_e2e8f075ed_z.jpg

I found a custom tee-shirt company that has 31 different colors of shirts and many different styles, sizes, quality levels and prices. I've ordered one to see if they will produce it without questioning the "disney" stuff. They are a bit more expensive so will let you know how it goes. They also have hoodies and sweatshirts.

I found an image on the Disney Park Blog that I really liked. I've added some text that applies to our cruise and upped the resolution.

I found a custom tee-shirt company that has 31 different colors of shirts and many different styles, sizes, quality levels and prices. I've ordered one to see if they will produce it without questioning the "disney" stuff. They are a bit more expensive so will let you know how it goes. They also have hoodies and sweatshirts.

This would look really good on a shirt! :thumbsup2

That looks great. I would love one..let me know.

Just paid my deposit for this cruise. My parents wanted to go on a family holiday because we haven't in a long time so the three of us just booked :) Staying on deck 5 room 5128. Just applied to join the FB group can't wait to get involved. Debs x

So far it is a go with ordering shirts from some where other then Vista. Let's see how they look, the total cost for this heavy weight tee, with shipping, was $21.

cOhjGNZ%20Front.jpg
6dC2Cmi%20Front.jpg

I'm playing with using the designs for a zipup track jacket hoodie. The back image on the red track jacket was made from a design I saw on the Navagator. I tried to recreate it as best I could. To order one, with the design on the front and a different image on the back would be $36 total, for one, including shipping. The hoodie would be $31. I was surprised to find there is no additional charge to put an image on both sides of an item.

If they object to the Disney logo and words "Disney Cruise Line" we could replace them with the words "EBTA Across the Atlantic we go", "TransAtlantic Magic Cruise" or somthing else we can come up with that gives the message we want without using the Disney word. Let's see how it goes. Of course we wouldn't actually order anything for a while.

TJkpFZ9%20Front.jpg
TJkpFZ9%20Back.jpg

So far it is a go with ordering shirts from some where other then Vista. Let's see how they look, the total cost for this heavy weight tee, with shipping, was $21.

cOhjGNZ%20Front.jpg
6dC2Cmi%20Front.jpg

I'm playing with using the designs for a zipup track jacket hoodie. The back image on the red track jacket was made from a design I saw on the Navagator. I tried to recreate it as best I could. To order one, with the design on the front and a different image on the back would be $36 total, for one, including shipping. The hoodie would be $31. I was surprised to find there is no additional charge to put an image on both sides of an item.

If they object to the Disney logo and words "Disney Cruise Line" we could replace them with the words "EBTA Across the Atlantic we go", "TransAtlantic Magic Cruise" or somthing else we can come up with that gives the message we want without using the Disney word. Let's see how it goes. Of course we wouldn't actually order anything for a while.

TJkpFZ9%20Front.jpg
TJkpFZ9%20Back.jpg

Love this! But, wondering if the design on the Tshirt might be better on the back for us, um.......:rolleyes:, busty ladies. ;)

QUOTE=MrsMork;48698774]Love this! But, wondering if the design on the Tshirt might be better on the back for us, um.......:rolleyes:, busty ladies. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hello Angie - If it works out with this company we could certainly put the image on the back of the shirt. We could also put a large image on the back and a small emblem on one side of the front on the upper part of the chest. They also have tee shirts with pockets. Thinking as I write, maybe we would want to pick a color and image and everyone could pick which shirt type and image position works best for them.
KDKouoE%20Front.jpg
KDKouoE%20Back.jpg

QUOTE=MrsMork;48698774]Love this! But, wondering if the design on the Tshirt might be better on the back for us, um.......:rolleyes:, busty ladies. ;)

Hello Angie - If it works out with this company we could certainly put the image on the back of the shirt. We could also put a large image on the back and a small emblem on one side of the front on the upper part of the chest. They also have tee shirts with pockets. Thinking as I write, maybe we would want to pick a color and image and everyone could pick which shirt type and image position works best for them.
KDKouoE%20Front.jpg
KDKouoE%20Back.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Liking this a lot!
:thumbsup2:worship:

Spent most of the afternoon reading and following the links for this thread. Myself and two kids (14,10) will be sailing on our first TA and can't wait. Balcony booked and now patiently waiting for airfare. Our plans for post cruise is to head to Paris and spend a few days at DLP. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Spent most of the afternoon reading and following the links for this thread. Myself and two kids (14,10) will be sailing on our first TA and can't wait. Balcony booked and now patiently waiting for airfare. Our plans for post cruise is to head to Paris and spend a few days at DLP. Can't wait to meet everyone!

:welcome: sounds like a great plan!

Well, they rejected my shirt image because of the Disney. Darn

So I reworked it, removed the words Disney. I've gone ahead and ordered a shirt, without a pocket but with a small image on the front (different from what I posted) and on the back the ship going into the sunrise. Bob pointed out that the ship in the back art looked more like the Dream or Fantasy so I removed a couple of decks and the boom at the back. Also copied what someone else had done to this image and gave the sun mickey ears. The title is now Trans-Atlantic Magic.When the shirt comes in, if it looks and feels good, I'll post a picture and let you know what I think. It did cost a bit more then Vista, total with shipping -$27. But that is cheaper then what we would pay for a shirt on the ship - if they have any Trans-Atlantic merchandise.

If we order many of them, the price goes down. Also, the company makes the art available to anyone I give the design number to so people could order on their own without worrying about uploading art. They can pick any product they want to use the art on.

Sorry they wouldn't take the Disney wording and know they would never allow the Steamboat Mickey. I sure wish Vista would offer colored shirts.

Hello Everyone!!

We are back for a repeat performance of the EBTA!! We had such an amazing time this year we've booked for next!! :)

I'm Melissa, my husband is Jeff and our 2 daughters are Maddy (12) and Sarah (7). We could not be anymore excited!!!! Again!!!!

Has anyone started looking at airfare home?:scared:

We are waiting until we can purchase the round-trip to include the WBTA, which won't be until September. Angie, I am sure you are already aware of this but thought I would mention it. Be sure to get a quote for both a one-way and round-trip. For some reason, regardless of airline, the round-trip ticket to/from Europe is often cheaper then if you purchase a one-way on the same flight. Try varying the date of the "return" ticket to get the best price. As long as you don't check in to the second flight, there is no issue in not using the second ticket. We did this on our recent TA and now have a return ticket we might use in November. Regardless, the price difference was over $1,000 (for business class).

I just went into Kayak and put in Barcelona to San Francisco, departing 5-31-2014 one-way, coach. The cheapest flights were on SAS at $1,523 and BA at $2,935. But when I made it a round trip, from Barcelona to SFO, departing 5-31-2014, the same day, returning 6-11-2014 lowest prices were AF $1,205, and Luf $1,180. The same flight on BA, departing Barcelona at 11:35 am. cost $2,935 if you buy it as a one-way ticket, but when you purchase it as a round-trip ticket the same flight is $1,322. A big difference that makes no sense to me. I was told if you purchase from a carrier that is a US airlines, you could pay the change fee and use the second part of the ticket for another ticket at a later date. Does any of this make sense?

We are waiting until we can purchase the round-trip to include the WBTA, which won't be until September. Angie, I am sure you are already aware of this but thought I would mention it. Be sure to get a quote for both a one-way and round-trip. For some reason, regardless of airline, the round-trip ticket to/from Europe is often cheaper then if you purchase a one-way on the same flight. Try varying the date of the "return" ticket to get the best price. As long as you don't check in to the second flight, there is no issue in not using the second ticket. We did this on our recent TA and now have a return ticket we might use in November. Regardless, the price difference was over $1,000 (for business class).

I just went into Kayak and put in Barcelona to San Francisco, departing 5-31-2014 one-way, coach. The cheapest flights were on SAS at $1,523 and BA at $2,935. But when I made it a round trip, from Barcelona to SFO, departing 5-31-2014, the same day, returning 6-11-2014 lowest prices were AF $1,205, and Luf $1,180. The same flight on BA, departing Barcelona at 11:35 am. cost $2,935 if you buy it as a one-way ticket, but when you purchase it as a round-trip ticket the same flight is $1,322. A big difference that makes no sense to me. I was told if you purchase from a carrier that is a US airlines, you could pay the change fee and use the second part of the ticket for another ticket at a later date. Does any of this make sense?

It does. Thanks. I'm finding a flight on Icelandic air to Dulles for just over $400. Would require a 14 hr layover in Iceland, but hey who would not want to see a bit of Iceland on the way home. :scratchin We would then need to get to the west coast, but that would only be around 300 so total would be way under 1000 and no really long flights. Thinking, thinking.

It does. Thanks. I'm finding a flight on Icelandic air to Dulles for just over $400. Would require a 14 hr layover in Iceland, but hey who would not want to see a bit of Iceland on the way home. :scratchin We would then need to get to the west coast, but that would only be around 300 so total would be way under 1000 and no really long flights. Thinking, thinking.

If you decide to take the Icelandic flight you might want to get in touch with Cayla and Cathy, AKA Padalyn. They took that flight and organized a tour between flights. Perhaps they can give you some input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter