• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBTA 2014...Across the Atlantic we go!!!

DH and I are booked on this cruise - just the two of us. This will be our 2nd DCL cruise - we were on the Magic for her first Christmas cruise many years ago with our two sons. Really looking forward to being on the Magic again and so pleased to see so many other planners on here. I like to plan ahead as for me that is all part of the trip.

DH and I are booked on this cruise - just the two of us. This will be our 2nd DCL cruise - we were on the Magic for her first Christmas cruise many years ago with our two sons. Really looking forward to being on the Magic again and so pleased to see so many other planners on here. I like to plan ahead as for me that is all part of the trip.

:welcome::welcome:

It should be a fun trip :) Will you be headed to WDW before the cruise?

Hi there- we just booked this cruise on impulse a few days- well we were actually led astray by some good friends who also booked lol! Been wanting to do a transatlantic since our first cruise last year on the fantasy. We are also doing the fantasy again this October!

We are Craig and Alison- we may bring our boys but haven't decided yet. We are from Yorkshire in the uk.

We made some amazing friends on our first cruise via the disboards whom we have kept in touch with . Hopefully some other members of the group will book also.

Looking forward to all those sea days.

Hi there- we just booked this cruise on impulse a few days- well we were actually led astray by some good friends who also booked lol! Been wanting to do a transatlantic since our first cruise last year on the fantasy. We are also doing the fantasy again this October!

We are Craig and Alison- we may bring our boys but haven't decided yet. We are from Yorkshire in the uk.

We made some amazing friends on our first cruise via the disboards whom we have kept in touch with . Hopefully some other members of the group will book also.

Looking forward to all those sea days.

:welcome: Craig and Alison:welcome:

So glad to hear your good friends will be joining us as well. It should be a great trip :goodvibes

Hi all
Happy belated Easter!;)
Well i just bit the bullet and purchased the boys park passes!:scared1:
$1307 for (2)10 day park hopper+water parks n more + no expiration child passes.... sadly I could stay a week for that price at an onsite resort :(
Bright side is... it will last them 6 - 8 years because we usually only do a park or 2 each trip.
But man oh man... that hurt!

Can I just say that I would LOVE to book this one! I'm going to look into it while we're on the Fantasy ::yes:: I'm hopeful it can happen. Especially hearing that the airfare could be less than I first found. I don't know all the tricks to flying internationally... I've never been.

Can I just say that I would LOVE to book this one! I'm going to look into it while we're on the Fantasy ::yes:: I'm hopeful it can happen. Especially hearing that the airfare could be less than I first found. I don't know all the tricks to flying internationally... I've never been.

I think you should join us!! I hope you are able to work it out :goodvibes

Hi All!

We have been booked on this cruise for a couple months now, but it only just occurred to me to come join the roll call!! Dur. It will be myself, my husband, and our two kids who will be 4 and 7 by this cruise (waaahh they are getting old!! I wish they'd stop growing!).

Our current plans are that we will head up to Paris and do a couple of days there before visiting Disneyland Paris. But we aren't set on anything quite yet. :) I have two other cruises this year to focus on - then I can start planning this trip! LOL

I will volunteer to head up the FE exchange, though! Somehow I ended up doing it for all the past cruises I've been on, so why not this one too? LOL :)

Here is the roll call sheet, including FE signups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6ZjSAKNCdBdEJNOF9yOVh0S2JiYjNmOEVDbTd1REE&usp=sharing

And here is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/148917538617224/

Can't wait to get to know you guys!

Hi All!

We have been booked on this cruise for a couple months now, but it only just occurred to me to come join the roll call!! Dur. It will be myself, my husband, and our two kids who will be 4 and 7 by this cruise (waaahh they are getting old!! I wish they'd stop growing!).

Our current plans are that we will head up to Paris and do a couple of days there before visiting Disneyland Paris. But we aren't set on anything quite yet. :) I have two other cruises this year to focus on - then I can start planning this trip! LOL

I will volunteer to head up the FE exchange, though! Somehow I ended up doing it for all the past cruises I've been on, so why not this one too? LOL :)

Here is the roll call sheet, including FE signups: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6ZjSAKNCdBdEJNOF9yOVh0S2JiYjNmOEVDbTd1REE&usp=sharing

And here is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/148917538617224/

:welcome:To you and your family!!:welcome:

I love hearing what everyone's plans are and my kids loved Paris. There is a great tour company, (a little expensive) that does private tours with books for the kids of the Lourve, Notre Dame, and a walking tour through the streets where you see the original wall and Victor Hugos house. Let me know if you want the information for the tour company. My kids LOVED it and I would have never been able to engage my kids the way they did through all of that.

DLP is a must do for us as well. We love the rides there:goodvibes

I sent a FB request :)

Hi All!

Thanks for setting those up. I sent a request to join and filled our info on the roll call.

Ooh, I'm so glad we're doing the FE exchange - I've added my name to the list and sent a join request on FB.

Hi all
Happy belated Easter!;)
Well i just bit the bullet and purchased the boys park passes!:scared1:
$1307 for (2)10 day park hopper+water parks n more + no expiration child passes.... sadly I could stay a week for that price at an onsite resort :(
Bright side is... it will last them 6 - 8 years because we usually only do a park or 2 each trip.
But man oh man... that hurt!

That is a HUGE chuck of change to spend on just tickets.:crazy2: At least it will last. :thumbsup2

Hi All. I have lingered around the Disboards for some time but haven't really participated. I have booked this cruise for me and my DS who will be 7 when we go. I have been to Disneyworld 7 times and my son twice, but thought for a change I would book us on a cruise. I have done one cruise before with Ocean Village around the caribbean and absolutely loved it so really looking forward to this. I am planning on doing a couple of days before the cruise to either fit in Universal or Disney - still to be decided. I have signed myself up to the Fish Extender group as I know my DS will love to be a part of this. Anyway that's us for now :cool1:

Hi All. I have lingered around the Disboards for some time but haven't really participated. I have booked this cruise for me and my DS who will be 7 when we go. I have been to Disneyworld 7 times and my son twice, but thought for a change I would book us on a cruise. I have done one cruise before with Ocean Village around the caribbean and absolutely loved it so really looking forward to this. I am planning on doing a couple of days before the cruise to either fit in Universal or Disney - still to be decided. I have signed myself up to the Fish Extender group as I know my DS will love to be a part of this. Anyway that's us for now :cool1:

:welcome: Piglet38 and son:welcome:

I was telling others my kids haven't been to Universal. Only Disney. This summer we will be heading there for the first time, in Singapore. If my kids like it enough maybe we will hit the one in Florida.

Hi!!! I booked my cruise earlier this week. For now I booked my cabin solo but hope to convince my friend to join as well. I am however travelling with friends I met on a previous cruise in October.

I also sent request to FB group.

Lisa

Hi!!! I booked my cruise earlier this week. For now I booked my cabin solo but hope to convince my friend to join as well. I am however travelling with friends I met on a previous cruise in October.

I also sent request to FB group.

Lisa

:welcome:Lisa:welcome:

Do you have a plan of what you are doing once you get to Spain?

Hi sweetlovin...one of the main reasons I booked the cruise (besides to hang out with my friends) is to be able to travel back to Madrid.

I studied in Spain in college and still am in contact with the family. I was just there last year in May. I wasn't planning on returning until 2017 so this is a bonus!!!

My plans then are to disembark in Barcelona, hop on the AVE to Madrid and visit the family for a few days. I wish I could stay longer in Madrid but I do have to get back to work at some point in time.

How about you?

Hi sweetlovin...one of the main reasons I booked the cruise (besides to hang out with my friends) is to be able to travel back to Madrid.

I studied in Spain in college and still am in contact with the family. I was just there last year in May. I wasn't planning on returning until 2017 so this is a bonus!!!

My plans then are to disembark in Barcelona, hop on the AVE to Madrid and visit the family for a few days. I wish I could stay longer in Madrid but I do have to get back to work at some point in time.

How about you?

I will have just gotten back from touring Spain with my son. We are headed over there in April for the La Liga games. Because the World Cup starts June 12, 2014 in Brazil, he decided not to wait until May 31st. We think the league games will have ended by then.

So, I am headed off the ship and flying to DLP for 4 days then heading to tour Britain, Ireland, and Scotland for about 15 days. It should be a fun trip. I've done Britain and Scotland a few times, never Ireland. My kids have never done UK (except Nico, my son, went over to the EPL games in 2010. and saw London.) Samantha (9) and I are the only ones going on this cruise. It was going to be everyone, but the rest of the crew is going to meet us in Paris once we get off the ship.

Nico's individual trip is Spain and Sam's mommy and me time is the cruise. Even years, I take my kids on individual trips:)

Sweetlovin' - I'll actually be going to Scotland this May. Never been. Never thought I'd be going but I am a vacation junkie. Everything I'm hearing and reading is all good though and I am absolutely looking forward to this trip.

We are staying 1 week in Edinburgh and then doing a 5 day tour of upper Scotland.

I've never been to Ireland...I had always thought I'd get there before Scotland but that's ok!

That's great that you take solo trips with your kids. How incredible is that for the kids??? Can you adopt me? I've always wanted to go to Africa. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter