EBPC December 9, 2012!!! Who's in????

Status
Not open for further replies.
we just booked the 6 of us for the panama canal cruise and would really like to know how to join the fish extender group??? Can anybody help us??? :confused3

we just booked the 6 of us for the panama canal cruise and would really like to know how to join the fish extender group??? Can anybody help us??? :confused3

The first post explains the Fish Extender plan. The cut off date is listed as October 9th. Some folks have offered to bring extras for the "late signers." If you go to the first post, you can find contact information there.

Others will have more to offer on this subject as this is my first time participating (and my first cruise for that matter)...

Hope that helps!

Well, you are too late to join the actual FE group, as signups closed on Oct 10. But they are keeping a list of latecomers who are interested, and people in the FE group that have extras can add stuff to your FE if able.
DTHogue is leading that, you can find the message her with the names and ages/sex of kids.

Welcome to the cruise group. Who is cruising with you?

Well, you are too late to join the actual FE group, as signups closed on Oct 10. But they are keeping a list of latecomers who are interested, and people in the FE group that have extras can add stuff to your FE if able.
DTHogue is leading that, you can find the message her with the names and ages/sex of kids.

Welcome to the cruise group. Who is cruising with you?

my husband and I and our 4 chirldren (10,8,3 and 1 year old). This is our 4th cruise with disney, somehow always with the wonder:)

I booked my flight to WDW, TBD if DH will be joining me.

I signed up for the DC Rock and Roll Half Marathon, so let the training begin!

QUOTE]

Can I come along if you DH doesn't want to go :)

The Rock'n Roll marathons sound like alot of fun. My middle DD was going to do the Philadelphia one this year, but she is a procastinator and never registered. I'll have to tell her about the DC one. She really wants to do the one in Las Vegas where they run at night. Good luck with your training - I have decided that running is not for me - I had been doing the couch to 5k program, finished week 3 last week, did something to my hip (doctor says its bursitis) and now I can't walk withouth crutches. This is the 2nd injury from jogging (broke a bone in my foot last year), so I have offically given up running. I'll stick with Leslie Sansone and her walk away the pounds dvds

Tammy

hello, my family just signed up for the cruise and we were wandering if we could still get onboard with the FE. we do not have an assigned cabin yet and wont know till 7 days before departure. This will be our 4th cruise with disney and we have always wandered how to be part off the FE? I hope you can accomodate us in it.
Just in case, my dis name is cecechaffee
adults: Joe and Cece
kids: gideon (boy 10), phoebe (girl 8), zoe (girl almost4), and Evangeline (1)

I also put the movie lineup on the web site, along with the Disney show lineup.

Oh, and we got our cruise docs today too.

this is my frist time registering and using dis. We just signed up yesterday for this cruise. I saw your blog and it looks like were on the same cruise may 5th 2010 for the mediterranean. Will we be automatically added to your dis group page/site? I have always wandered how to get into the FE activities and hope they can fit us in. We will not know our cabin# till 7 days before departure. There are 6 of us, my husband and I and our 4 children (10,8,3, and 1 year old). We would love to be updated with anything going on with the cruise meet.

My name is cece and my husband is Joe

Promise no pouting or whining and I have no political opinions at all except that I don't like either candidate that we had to vote for :confused3 and drinking around the world is no problem :lmao:

We talked about the 1/2 marathon at dinner, she is going to look into it. She doesn't know if she has the time to train, she is swamped with school work right now!

Sounds good, we can get you one of those guest assistance passes to help with your crutches.

I have determined that there is never a good time to train and you will always be busy (BUT school work is very important!) When we ran Philly in 2011, it was HORRIBLE planning as our longest runs were during our honeymoon. The St. Lucia humidity is a killer and the resort was hilly.

For the marathon, I was working like 70 hr weeks at work and my training was suffering. My boss had a great idea that I do my longest non-weekend run during this 2 hr conference call we have weekly that we rarely speak on. So we started running with our phones and a blue tooth headset and muted our line. It was working great until one run I forgot to mute my line and after a few miles, my breathing got heavy enough for them to hear it on the call and they asked if the person needed medical help! We were busted but everyone got a kick out of it!

Keep me posted if your DD decides to do it, we quite a group running it.

cecechaffee said:
my husband and I and our 4 chirldren (10,8,3 and 1 year old). This is our 4th cruise with disney, somehow always with the wonder:)

Welcome aboard! we just signed up a few weeks ago ourselves so our names are at the bottom of the FE list. Some folks are gracious enough to have extras. this is a really organized group.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Docs today! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Makes it seem so near!:dance3:DH had to call me at work to let me know they had arrived. He's such a little boy at heart :lovestruc.

A co-worker was on the Hawaii cruise in Oct. Today was the first time I've seen her since then (it took her four extra days to get back to PA last week, due to the hurricane). She made a point of telling me how jealous she is of us now :thumbsup2. This was her first 14-day cruise, but she has sailed with DCL numerous times before (all Caribbean). She said food, service, etc, was fantastic, but it was difficult to get a spot outside the Cove due to the high % of older, repeat cruisers who parked themselves for the day (and she's in her 50s). I've tried to convince her to try the Disboards and Fe's, etc, but no luck.....:confused3

We've decided to hire a private driver for Cabo (no set itinerary...still trying to figure that out), but don't have any plans for PV yet. I guess I'd better figure it out soon, huh.

Linda....any more info on the PV festival from your buddy? Anything special going on during the hours we'll be in port?

Hi everyone! Just stopping by to say hello and that we are thrilled to be joining you all on this cruise! My DS & DD will be 7yo. My Dad will also be joining us, celebrating his 75th birthday.

I am so happy to be on this cruise. We were booked on the Jan 2011 WBPC, but had to disembark due to a family illness, so we never got to go through the canal. So this is truly a dream come true! I spent 18 months planning for the 2011 cruise, so hopefully planning for this one will be easier as I've done a lot of the research already...although some of the ports have changed.

I'm actually really glad to be coming EB instead of WB. I soooo wanted to go on any of the 2005 & 2008 crossings, but the kids were too little. When I heard they were moving the Wonder to the west coast "permanently", I thought the 2011 WB was our last chance. So although I feel for the west coasters who are disappointed that the Wonder is not staying year-round, I am thrilled DCL is making another trip through the canal. And coming EB will be so much easier. We will end up in Miami with a 2 1/2hr flight home and no time change instead of ending up in LA with a 6hr flight home and a 3hr time change.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! I'd be happy to help organize lists, and maybe work on our own web site (we had that for the 2011 cruise). Also, last cruise someone organized getting Maritime Certificates for crossing the canal. I believe they are called "The Order of the Ditch". I'd be happy to organize that, and help us get a group rate.

Best to all!

Liz

P.S. Thanks IrishCowboy for adding us to the searchable Wonder list.

:yay:hello, my family just signed up for the cruise and we were wandering if we could still get onboard with the FE. We do not have an assigned cabin yet and wont know till 7 days before departure. This will be our 4th cruise with disney and we have always wandered how to be part off the FE? I hope you can accomodate us in it. We really don't mind getting or making things for 100guests or so and would really like to be part of the FE activities and exchange this time. I have been trying to get a hold of dthogue without any success.
Just in case, my dis name is cecechaffee from san diego Ca
adults: Joe and Cece
kids: gideon (boy 10), phoebe (girl 8), zoe (girl almost4), and Evangeline (1)

Thanks

For the marathon, I was working like 70 hr weeks at work and my training was suffering. My boss had a great idea that I do my longest non-weekend run during this 2 hr conference call we have weekly that we rarely speak on. So we started running with our phones and a blue tooth headset and muted our line. It was working great until one run I forgot to mute my line and after a few miles, my breathing got heavy enough for them to hear it on the call and they asked if the person needed medical help! We were busted but everyone got a kick out of it!

Keep me posted if your DD decides to do it, we quite a group running it.

:rotfl2:thank you for the laugh this morning - I really needed it! You have the greatest stories! I'll have to share this one with my DD

Cece - welcome to the group - please email me at dthogue5@verizon.net so we can get you added to the participant list and I can explain how we are handling the latecomers.

Tammy

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Docs today! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Makes it seem so near!:dance3:DH had to call me at work to let me know they had arrived. He's such a little boy at heart :lovestruc.
Mine too. Mama used to say men were just little boys grown tall, and time has proven that old adage to be true;)

. . . She said food, service, etc, was fantastic, but it was difficult to get a spot outside the Cove due to the high % of older, repeat cruisers who parked themselves for the day (and she's in her 50s). I've tried to convince her to try the Disboards and Fe's, etc, but no luck.....:confused3

. . .
Linda....any more info on the PV festival from your buddy? Anything special going on during the hours we'll be in port?

We found that to be true about the Cove on the 1st Hawaii too - because it was one of the warmest spots to sit - that was one cold cruise. Despite the enclosed Outlook bar we found a real dearth of sheltered seating on the cold windy days at sea.

Have not heard back from Gustavo - I will send him another message.

Finished two ornaments for the exchange yesterday and now second guessing myself as to whether they're 'good enough'. I guess that kind of dithering affects all crafters at one time or another. I wonder if Picasso ever had self doubts. . .

Welcome aboard, CeCe and family!:goodvibes . . . I shudder to think of the effort required to get 6 people ready for a cruise in less than a month :scared1:

Has everyone filled out your on-line forms? Remember to print the signature page and BRING IT WITH YOU!

Happy Day, all!

Welcome Cece and family. This is going to be a great cruise. We are meeting at the Promenade Lounge on sail away day. It will be great to put names to faces.
Today I am working on decorations for our door. See you soon. Sherry

No docs for us yet, but our mail is still suffering from "storm stress".

I have all of my online check-in done, and the signature pages are printed and in an envelope waiting for me to put them in my carry-on for our trip! Now if only I could manage to get everything else ready for the trip I'd be in good shape! Right now, I'm holding things together in the office since my officemates all suffered some ill-effects from Superstorm Sandy and the nor'easter this week. I'm coming to the office early, and handling a lot of things that aren't usually part of my responsibility, but since I don't need any time off to meet with insurance people and FEMA, it's the best way I can help out!

See you all one month from now!

Beth

Well I went thru all my cruise stuff and I can only find one lanyard from past cruises. I need one more for the couple traveling with us. I'll keep looking.....I thought I had several and could help others out, turns out I need help. I''ll try to talk the agent out of an extra one when we check in.

My sister says she didn't get her documents yesterday but I am sure they came and are lost in a pile somewhere already in her house. We will be headed home for my neice's (younger sister's kid) 3rd birthday on Saturday. I plan on finding and confiscating her documents and taking them with us!

:rotfl2:thank you for the laugh this morning - I really needed it! You have the greatest stories! I'll have to share this one with my DD
Glad you were able to start your day off with a laugh. You can find the comedy of Emily's life at wavebands, every night for 14 nights :)

When I first starting working here, I would tell stories and my boss would go, you have to be exaggerating and then she met my family and got to know me and now she thinks I should write a book (my wedding planning with my in laws alone can be a book). And then after she reviews my writing, she is reminded how horrible of a writer I am and changes her mind to, someone else should write a book about your life!
Finished two ornaments for the exchange yesterday and now second guessing myself as to whether they're 'good enough'. I guess that kind of dithering affects all crafters at one time or another. I wonder if Picasso ever had self doubts. . .

I'm sure they are WONDERful ornaments and everyone will be trying to steal them!

Right now, I'm holding things together in the office since my officemates all suffered some ill-effects from Superstorm Sandy and the nor'easter this week. I'm coming to the office early, and handling a lot of things that aren't usually part of my responsibility, but since I don't need any time off to meet with insurance people and FEMA, it's the best way I can help out!
Beth

How sweet of you, remember, don't wear yourself out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter