• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen

Welcome, Welcome! 5 yo twin boys! How exciting. We have twin boys also, however they are 21 and not coming along this time. Twins are such fun. We look forward to meeting you all.

Is anybody else bringing their Elf on a Shelf? We had to leave him a note with very specific instructions on where to find us.

I didn't know if he would be able to find us or not. That's a good idea to leave a note. Don't you think so Autumn? :wave2: (she's my little lurker on the boards) ;)

Twin 5 yr old boys! AWESOME!! :cool1: We are the Elders and we have a 5 yr old son who loves the kids clubs and is always looking to make a new friend! We will be in 6085 so feel free to knock on our door and say hi!
Cynthia

Our very first cruise was in that room! It was going to be a "once in a lifetime". Who knew we'd ever take 15 DCL cruises (and counting)?

Beth

Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen

:wave2:

Welcome aboard! We are yet another family traveling with a 5 year old son. Seems as though they will have plenty of friends to hang out with.

Well, as many of our Christmas gifts are cruise related, and we don't arrive back home until after Chritmas morning, we're doing gifta this Friday. That's if I get my act together and get everything wrapped an packed in time. I'm running out of time!!!

Quick question.... It's been so long since I used DCL transportation that I can't remember the answer to this. Once I hand them my (checked) luggage at the airport, I don't see it again until it arrives at my cabin, right? I don't remember collecting it again on the other end from under the bus and handing it off to a porter, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting a shuttle directly from my LAX hotel to the port (and thus handling my luggage on both ends) or using the DCL transport which would mean wrangling the luggage back to the airport that morning, but not having to deal with it at the port.

Thanks!

Dave and I are rushing around with last minute stuff and completely forgot the Houston museum of Science has a Mayan Exhibit going on. We are going to go tomorrow if none of the grandkids get sick and need their Yia Yia and Papa. Sherry (today we have 6 month old grandson cuz his nanny is sick)

Quick question.... It's been so long since I used DCL transportation that I can't remember the answer to this. Once I hand them my (checked) luggage at the airport, I don't see it again until it arrives at my cabin, right? I don't remember collecting it again on the other end from under the bus and handing it off to a porter, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting a shuttle directly from my LAX hotel to the port (and thus handling my luggage on both ends) or using the DCL transport which would mean wrangling the luggage back to the airport that morning, but not having to deal with it at the port.

Thanks!

Which LAX hotel are you staying at? We are staying at the LAX Airport Marriott and DCL is picking us up there and taking us to the port.

Yah for lots of kids! I know my kids will have a blast! They are very outgoing and love everyone! Just hoping all the kids stay healthy!! I worry about illnesses...

Funny that a few of you bring up the Elf subject. Our Elf came early... at Thanksgiving and will be waiting for us when we get home from the cruise. He wrote a letter to the boys saying Santa wouldn't let him go on the cruise LOL. Will the boat be decorated for the holidays?? I would love that.

I'm trying to read back on old posts and I'm sure this was probably discussed... but was wondering about currency exchanges in Columbia. Can this be done on the boat before the excursion? I don't want to miss out on any shopping!

Lastly... what's the warmest article of clothing I need? Do I need a mid-weight coat.. or will a light weight coat and a rain parka suffice? And do the ladies usually need a sweater or wrap over dresses? Are the restaurants and indoor areas kept chilly? Thanks for any help!!

So excited! Only a few days away! Woohoo! =)

That's a great question...about DCL transfers and luggage. We are being picked up at LAX and I wonder the same thing. And if you upgrade your room does it take a lot longer for them to find your luggage and get it to the right place...?

We just sailed the Magic at the end of October and I had a really light wrap for dinner every nighy and I wore it into the theater after dinner. I never needed anything else at any other time. I am taking a light wrap and a dressy jacket. Sherry:cool1:

We just sailed the Magic at the end of October and I had a really light wrap for dinner every nighy and I wore it into the theater after dinner. I never needed anything else at any other time. I am taking a light wrap and a dressy jacket. Sherry:cool1:

Thanks Sherry!

Yah for lots of kids! I know my kids will have a blast! They are very outgoing and love everyone! Just hoping all the kids stay healthy!! I worry about illnesses...

Funny that a few of you bring up the Elf subject. Our Elf came early... at Thanksgiving and will be waiting for us when we get home from the cruise. He wrote a letter to the boys saying Santa wouldn't let him go on the cruise LOL. Will the boat be decorated for the holidays?? I would love that.

I'm trying to read back on old posts and I'm sure this was probably discussed... but was wondering about currency exchanges in Columbia. Can this be done on the boat before the excursion? I don't want to miss out on any shopping!

Lastly... what's the warmest article of clothing I need? Do I need a mid-weight coat.. or will a light weight coat and a rain parka suffice? And do the ladies usually need a sweater or wrap over dresses? Are the restaurants and indoor areas kept chilly? Thanks for any help!!

So excited! Only a few days away! Woohoo! =)

My experience has been that one changes currency at Guest Services.

I'm taking layers - poncho, sweatshirt, sweater.

I know this is last minute but does anyone have a list of celebrations (-anniversaries and birthdays) that are being celebrated? If anyone has list can they pm me? Thanks. Sherry. I have checked the roll call on the website. Are there any that are not posted on the web?

Which LAX hotel are you staying at? We are staying at the LAX Airport Marriott and DCL is picking us up there and taking us to the port.

I'm at the Radisson which is right down the street from the Marriott. I didn't realize DCL would pick up at hotels. Did you book your flights trough Disney?

ETA: Just called DCL to ask about this. They apparently do pick up at the Marriott since that's the hotel they use when you book hotel/flights through Disney, but you don't necessarily have to have booked the Marriott through DCL in order to use the service. Handy to know... and now I wish I'd booked the Marriott!

Welcome aboard! We also have a 6yr old DS, he loves the kids clubs, but we've found the trick is to take them there early in the cruise so they feel comfortable straight away. On the first day they have open house in the clubs, so you can check it all out with the kids. I think there's going to be quite a large group of 5 & 6 yr olds on this cruise! :cool1:

We fly out tomorrow morning :yay:. Haven't finished packing :sad2: Off to drop the dog at Grandma's for a doggie vacation...then cram in as much sleep as possible before that horrendous 13 hour flight.:eek:

Rach

. . .
We fly out tomorrow morning :yay:. Haven't finished packing :sad2: Off to drop the dog at Grandma's for a doggie vacation...then cram in as much sleep as possible before that horrendous 13 hour flight.:eek:

Rach

Safe journey, Rach! (Makes my 9 hours seem like a piece of cake)

We are staying at the Marriott, too. We did not book through DCL, but we did book DCL shuttle and we were told that all we had to do was tell them at the hotel that we would be taking the shuttle and they would handle our baggage.

We arrive at LAX at 2:30, planning to hit the liquor store behind the hotel (hopefully that is safe enough during daylight), and then dinner at the hotel. I am sure we will be ready to go to bed early because of the time difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter