EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Hoping to go home on Saturday and focus a bit more. Lots of painkillers

Please our family in your prayers, my dd's are taking this all very hard

Tammy

Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as well as continuing to pray for your healing. I wish I could do more.

Judy

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes thoughts and prayer, I am truly grateful. The surgery went well, but the recovery is painful. I only managed a few steps today!

Unfortunately we had some devastating news yesterday, my mom passed away at her home while waiting to come to the hospital. Brenna said she went into bathroom and collapsed. The call 911, but the were unable to revive her. It has been a very long day trying to make arrangements from my hospital .

I'm waiting to talk to the doctor on the morning but as of now we will not be cruising. Can't really even think about it right now.

Tammy

Oh Tammy.... I have no words to express how deeply my heart breaks for you and your family. We will be keeping you and yours in our prayers. :hug:

Tammy

Prayers are being said tonight for you and your family. No one should have to go through this, so very sorry.

I have an aircard so we can chat all night! As long as we both get our work done! What do you do that has you working overnight?
I usually don't have a problem getting all my work done. I work in a community hospital pharmacy, and am alone for 8hrs of my 10hr shift. I have to make all the meds for any new patients, plus ensure the Operating Rooms are fully stocked for the next day, plus other projects. Last night was killer though. I don't think I have been as busy for years.

This summer we wented a car from Budget after our cruise got back into the Miami terminal...had to take a cab to the Budget office (about $12) but we used the Westjet code I found on the DIS budget board and we only paid $42 for the car (intermediate and that included taxes). We had a early evening flight back out of FLL, so we were able to go and have lunch and look around a little while before heading to the airport. If you are interested in that code let me know and I'll try to find out what it is again.

We are doing exactly what dededisney is doing - taking a cab from the port to Budget, renting a car for the day, and dropping off at FLL Monday morning. We used a coupon from retailmenot and the 1-day rental for a full size car was $46 with taxes included.
I have made a couple reservations using different discounts, but I think the cheapest I am getting is around $150, from port to FLL, just over 24hrs (so I have to pay for a second day) I have a couple more weeks to keep searching for better deals, though I think it is the extra 2hrs that is killing our rate.

Tammy

Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. This must be so difficult when you are immobilized yourself. We will miss you on the trip.

Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHZGOGRWM3RoTm5DdVBxVkUzbGVZR2c6MQ#gid=0

5776801_orig.jpg

I'm pretty sure I already filled out the form...but just in case I did it again. Hope any duplicates don't mess you up too much Jeff.

Thanks again--I LOVE them!!

Tammy

Tammy, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I am praying for you and your family.

Tammy;

You already had enough on your plate and now this.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a fast and speedy recovery from your surgery. Recovery from the loss of your Mother will take alot longer. I know from personal experience.
Hugs to you and your family at this time.:grouphug:
We will miss meeting you on the cruise.

Audrey and Doug

oops, took me a little while to find out about the new thread, anyway, I wanted to let you know there will be 6 of us for the exchange:cheer2:
Well at least it is at my company but as I am sending out my office's email, I thought I would remind everyone as well. Health & Safety needs and deserves our full attention every day in everything that we do. So be careful everyone, we don't want anymore injuries leading up to the cruise!

Well since you sound like my mother, I would say you already have adopted me!:thumbsup2 And don't worry, since we already established that I am a Republician, I will be packin some heat. Haha J/k, I have only held a gun once but don't worry, the Army is with me onsite.

Just think, we might have run into each other at last year's marathon, maybe you took my bag! The landfill is actually interesting, I am not complaining about the work. I am very thankful that the debris I am checking is not coming from my house!

I have an aircard so we can chat all night! As long as we both get our work done! What do you do that has you working overnight?

Here's to hoping your 30's improve and that the start of your 40's will make up for the horrible start to your 30's. 25 started off the best and ended the worst and was my worst year ever. I would like to go back to 23. I was still in college but knew I would graduate with an engineering degree, had a job that I loved and didn't care about the horrible pay, not having money wasn't an issue to me then, I had the world's crappiest apartment but I was so happy and surrounded by friends who lived close by and not scattered all over the country and was in great shape. I really didn't have any major worries and I made it to every home WVU football and basketball game!

So true, I love how everyone always puts things into perspective for me. DH made me a nice dinner with homemade crab cakes and lobster bisque. It was sweet. My sister's now ex-husband threw her a huge black tie "Hollywood" Themed 30th birthday party and well, that marriage didn't last so...I'll happily eat my crabcakes .

Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how devasting such a sudden loss is, but I can't imagine having to deal with it on top of your surgery. Our prayers are with your entire family.

these look great, I think I did sign us up last week within the zillion things I was in the middle off. I you do see our names twice, please disregard one of them.:goodvibes
Oh ,and do I need to send you some of family pics? If yes where do I send them to?
Just a reminder, if you want name tags please go to the link below and put in the request. Susan and I will be cranking them out this weekend. Here is the updated design with the cruise name and date added to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHZGOGRWM3RoTm5DdVBxVkUzbGVZR2c6MQ#gid=0

5776801_orig.jpg

Tammy

Tammy how shocking. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much to Jeff and Susan for doing the name tags. These will look fantastic.

this weekend to do list: get all the kids costumes dry cleaned and ready to go...and my pirate one too!!!! Even packing 6 people is kind of fun for a Disney cruises!!!!:laundy:

Tammy I am so sorry about your mom! :hug: Please take care of yourself and I hope your recovery from your surgery is a speedy one!

Tammy I am so sorry to hear about your mom, it is never a good time to lose someone, but it must be even harder when you are already hurting. Take care of yourself and your family!

Tammy
Oh, Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss....actually, your multiple losses :sad1:. We will miss getting to meet you, but there will be other cruises and other opportunities. Being with your family and healing are more important right now. Please let us know how things are going. :grouphug:

As I've said before, life just sucks sometimes.

Good Morning, Cruisers.

Tammy

:sad1:

:sad1::sad1::sad1: (((Tammy))) I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through right now. My heart aches for you. :grouphug: I wish I lived nearby, so I could offer some practical help. I know from personal experience how difficult it is when loved ones pass away unexpectedly. I'm so very sorry. I will continue to pray for your family during this time of great sadness. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Oh, Tammy, I am so very sorry for your loss....actually, your multiple losses :sad1:. We will miss getting to meet you, but there will be other cruises and other opportunities. Being with your family and healing are more important right now. Please let us know how things are going. :grouphug:

As I've said before, life just sucks sometimes.

Moby and JessicasMom have said best all that is in my heart. Bad enough that you are in pain, but when a girl loses her mom, it's just the worst thing in the world.

I will offer some practical assistance - Tammy, if you do find you are unable to cruise, pm me your snail mail address and I will undertake to collect your scrapbook swaps, name tags, and anything else from groups you are involved in and mail them to you.

Wishing you all a peaceful, productive and painfree day.

dthogue said:

Tammy

Tammy, I am so sorry to hear this. Your family are in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter