Ebay---Unconfirmed address

MOMTOMOOTOO

<font color=blue>The people in Shop Rite would not
Had a buyer win 3 auctions and she payed immed. Has 100 feedback (although only 50ish) and she is not confirmed. I told her according to my listing I do not ship unconfirmed and told her to go to paypal to confirm. So shoukld I refund the money or wait if she gets confirmed. I think the problem is a PO box. WWYD?

since she did pay you, you can have it sent signature required. Paypal will also ONLY insure money back guarrantee on signature deliveries only. So that would be your and her guarrantee of delivery.

NO even if you have a signature if its an unconfirmed address you would not be covered...refund the payment..have her confirm the address and resend.

The paypal confirmation thing can be a real pain. I've tried about three times in the last year and it will not go through for me. I've got 100% feedback and have been on ebay and paypal for years. Your buyer may be hitting the same glitch I have. If they paid and you accepted payment you must find a way to get the item sent.

Actually I remember this happening to me as a buyer. I normally paid with my debit card. Once I also attached my credit card to the account I became confirmed.

The same thing happened to me. I listed that they must be paypal confirmed and they weren't. I refunded the payment and then they repaid once confirmed. Then I realized that you can have paypal notify you before a payment from an unconfirmed address is received. Go to Profile and the Payment Receiving Preferences. Select "ask me" under the first question. That way, instead of automatically crediting your paypal account, they will send you an email letting you know that someone has paid with an unconfirmed address. You can accept it if they have a good paypal history or contact them and let them know you will be rejecting the payment and they must repay once confirmed. It keeps you from having to refund.

I don't sell on ebay, but as a buyer I am not confirmed. I don't want my checking account info on paypal. If it were me I would let it go unconfirmed w/ a signature confirmation.

I dont think some of you are understanding this..first the poster said she had in her listing no unconfirmed addresses..that means she doesnt have to ship to one

Secondly encouraging someone to ship to an unconfirmed address when they can lose money is not very helpful. A signature wont help, a phone call wont help, nothing will help if the buyer says they didnt get it and its shipped to an unconfirmed address

I also dont think many realize that this is the case and why many sellers are now starting to require it. There is an alternate way of confirming an address besides your credit card billing address FYI too.

I refunded her money. Last year I shipped to an unconfirmed address and months later, a chargeback was done due to a fraudulent account. Lesson learned. I hope though, she gets confirmed and re pays me. I feel she is still responsible to complete the purchase..

WELL - i HONESTLY THINK IF SHE PAID YOU AND she IS CONFIRMED - BUT HER ADDRESS IS NOT i WOULD NOT AVOID DOIONG BUSINESS WITH HER.(SORRY CAPS) I have an unconfirmed address- but it is simply that my billing address for my credit card is sent to my office instead of my house. I do not know quite how to fix the problem - but I would not want to lose an item I won and paid for because of it.

Would you bid on an auction that stated no unconfirmed addresses knowing yours isnt? Why should she go ahead and take it when it was stated that way?

Well I refunded her the $ and she got herself confirmed and re paid. All worked out. And btw, my auctions do state I do not ship to unconfirmed addresses.

I have an unconfirmed address- but it is simply that my billing address for my credit card is sent to my office instead of my house. I do not know quite how to fix the problem - but I would not want to lose an item I won and paid for because of it.

Just and FYI, that was a similar situtation w. my buyer and she had the cc add her home address as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter