eBay Timing and WDW Vacation

toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
Hi eBayers!

We are leaving for WDW on December 3, 2004. We will be in the world until December 15th. What day in November would be the absolute last day that you would list something? I'm trying to make some extra money for WDW, but I don't want any payment/ shipping hassles right before the trip. I'm thinking that to play it safe, I should have my last batch of auctions end by November 10th or 17th. What do you think?

Personally.... I wouldn't put up anything that would end anytime after November 15 at the absolute DEAD latest! Think of it this way.... the auction ends 11/15.... they pay you with a check (assuming you accept checks) that arrives to you on November 22... then it takes 5 business days to clear.... but Thanksgiving is coming up so the check doesn't clear until 11/29.... you get to the PO on 11/30 or 12/1.... that is cutting it REALLY close.

If it were me I would list whatever I could this week to end by this Sunday (11/7) just to be safe. You will have enough last minute stuff to worry about as your trip gets closer.... give yourself a break and don't add possible Ebay worries to your list!!

Just my opinions. of course!! HTH..................P

Just a tip, you may want to put in your payment instructions that when auction ends, you are leaving soon for vacation and suggest a PAY BY date and tell them your last possible ship date. I've done this in the past, and most people want their item and will pay you when you want. As for vacation, I was at WDW last week and am going THIS weekend, so i've gone from 40+ auctions to 4-5 (i will list from wdw probably, from laptop). I usually end mine about 7-10 days before i leave with that note included. I have to say, just like a vacation from your day job, it is nice to not have to worry about your ebay stuff for awhile! It is much more work than people realize! I've taught a few Ebay 101 classes and people are always surprised at how much work there is!

Donna~ You are so right about a vacation from ebay!:teeth: I had Turbo Lister crash on me today and I spent 4 hours trying to get it fixed. Ugh! I really need a vacation!;) Thanks for the tip!

pjilla~ I was thinking about having my last batch of listings start this Sunday, but I may extend that until Tuesday because of Turbo Lister. We'll see if Turbo Lister is working tomorrow.

Thanks and have a great Wednesday!:sunny:

On a quick safety note.... I personally would not let my buyers/potential buyers know that I was leaving on vacation on a particular day. They have access to your address if they buy from you. DO you really want strangers to know that your house will be empty? Just a thought.....................P

I am on the road to WDW on Dec 3rd also. My last listings will start this Sunday the 7th. The last thing I need a week before vacation is sending emails or getting ebay items packed. A few more dollars would be nice but it is not worth the potential headaches.

HI-
I agree not to tell anyone you are going on vacation for safety reasons. I am a Power Seller on Ebay and we are headed to Disney tomorrow. My last auction ended yesterday. I had $800.00 worth of auctions this week. All of my auctions stated that payment was due via Paypal within 48 hours. Yes, it makes it a crazier week, but the excitement of the extra spending money made it o.k. with me. I think it is a personal choice. Everyone paid right on time. No problems. Go with what you are comfortable with and have fun!!

I would put in your auctions that payment must be recieved by [insert date here] or the item will not be mailed until after [insert date here]. I have done this before.

I do not use my personal / home address for ebay so even if they knew i was on vacation/out of town, it wouldn't do them any good.

I have my auctions ending 10-12 days before we leave each trip. I add a note to my end of auction note saying I'll be away from such and such until such and such, so if they need item before I leave, payment needs to arrive by (insert date). If I have no payment the day before leaving, I write and tell them payment has not arrived and their item will ship on such and such a date, when I return form vacation, pending payment. I do it that way several times a year. I then start my 10 day auctions on the day I leave..and I do have a laptop that I access for questions. A few days after I get home, the money starts coming in again LOL! I use a PO box and my cell phone as my ebay contact, so they never have access to my home addy. Because of that, I have no problem telling them I'll be away.
PS I'll see you there LOL!! We'll be the old couple and I'll be wearing a round pin that says disboards on it with green ribbon.

Hi everyone!:wave2: Thanks for your replies!

I had originally planned to have my last batch of auctions start this Sunday, November 7th. However, I have had major issues with Turbo Lister. Everytime I try to open it, I get an error message. So, I talked to the people at Live Chat who suggested I e-mail my tl.logs to them so they could figure out the problem. They e-mailed me back, I took all of the steps listed in the e-mail to correct the problem (even re-downloading TL that took 2.5 hours to download on dial-up:earseek: ), and it still doesn't work!:mad: I'm not sure what to do from this point becuase the extra money for WDW would be VERY helpful right now. ::yes::

I did re-email them and am waiting for a response. I hope this gets resolved today.::yes::

Thanks again!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter