Ebay sellers is this polite enough?

VeganCupcake

Almost an Expert
On my listings I have stated-

Please pay within 72 hours of winning item.
(I just changed all of my current active listings to pay immediately or within 24 hours, because I know have 5 Buy It Now items I should have gotten paid for already)

You know how frustrating it is if you sell things to just have them ready to go, waiting for the money, (to be used on a Disney trip in 2 days:rolleyes1), Ebay already charging you a percentage of the sale, blah blah blah lame.

So I was going to send a message like this to people from now on, is it too snotty?

Hi, your items are packed up and ready to go, this is just a standard, friendly reminder that it has been 72 hours since the Buy It Now for item _________________ has ended.
As stated in listing, payment is expected within 72 hours of item ending.
Unfortunately due to several member not paying for items and leaving me stuck, Ebay now files an Unpaid Item Dispute automatically, on all of my listings 4 days after the item ends if payment has not been received. Thanks again for your business! - username

Thanks everyone!

Also
I always pay for my Buy It Now items right away, I mean you're buying it now why can't you pay for it now? It's not like an auction when you place your highest bid and may not know right away if you've won it.

Sounds fine to me!

I think there's also a way , if you accept paypal, to make the auction so they HAVE to pay immediately, that could be another solution for your problem. As a buyer on ebay, I always pay right away, then send the seller a confirmation message including the paypal transaction #..sellers always thank me and seem to really appreciate it. Good luck with your auctions!

Thanks lynxstch!

I think there's also a way , if you accept paypal, to make the auction so they HAVE to pay immediately

oh you have to be a fannnnncy seller to get this option :laughing: I'm not quite there yet! :goodvibes

On my listings I have stated-

Please pay within 72 hours of winning item.
(I just changed all of my current active listings to pay immediately or within 24 hours, because I know have 5 Buy It Now items I should have gotten paid for already)

You know how frustrating it is if you sell things to just have them ready to go, waiting for the money, (to be used on a Disney trip in 2 days:rolleyes1), Ebay already charging you a percentage of the sale, blah blah blah lame.

So I was going to send a message like this to people from now on, is it too snotty?

Hi, your items are packed up and ready to go, this is just a standard, friendly reminder that it has been 72 hours since the Buy It Now for item _________________ has ended.
As stated in listing, payment is expected within 72 hours of item ending.
Unfortunately due to several member not paying for items and leaving me stuck, Ebay now files an Unpaid Item Dispute automatically, on all of my listings 4 days after the item ends if payment has not been received. Thanks again for your business! - username

Thanks everyone!

Also
I always pay for my Buy It Now items right away, I mean you're buying it now why can't you pay for it now? It's not like an auction when you place your highest bid and may not know right away if you've won it.

It sounds fine to me. You probably already noticed this, but I would add an "s" to member in the phrase "Unfortunately due to several member". I was going to PM you with this, but your profile does not allow PMs. :flower3:

And I, too, pay for my Buy It Now items right away. Click, buy, pay, done.

I don't understand it but it sounds fine to me. Is it possible to not ship an item until you are paid or is that what you are doing?

Anyway, good luck!

Showed this post to a co-worker who sells a ton of stuff on E-Bay.
He says he says the text is fine. But as someone who sells hundreds of dollars of items a month on E-Bay, he says less than half his winning bidders pay in 72 hours, including his best repeat buyers, so from a practical standpoint, 72 hours is unrealistic to expect payment. He figures if he gets payment within a week, he's golden. He waits 4 weeks to repost unpaid items.

I used to request payment within three days, and had someone purchasing an item from me that didn't pay, didn't respond, etc. After four or five days, I finally sent a very polite letter indicating that if I didn't hear from them within 24 hours -- not pay, just hear from them (maybe they had a family emergency, etc) -- I was going to start an unpaid item case with ebay. I got a nasty, snotty reply that I couldn't do anything about it, that they had 10 days to pay -- which isn't correct, after 3 days you can start an unpaid case (at least you could then, it hasn't come up in a while). They ended up paying, but I blocked them from future bidding. And yes, there's a box you can check that makes buy it now also pay it now. Your note is just fine. If someone can't even contact you, you don't know that they're actually going to buy the item.

All of my auctions have similar language to your "note" listed in the description. I ask that if you don't pay in 72 hours you at least contact me. If not, I automatically start an unpaid buyer dispute.

Seems to me like it's getting worse everywhere I sell online these days (I sell stuff on multiple sites). I used to never have an issue but in the last year or year and a half I'm getting people winning auctions or saying they'll buy my items and then I never hear from them again.

You can state that, but bear in mind that eBay allows buyers four days to pay, so why bother?

You can set "buy it now" items to "pay immediately" and I do recommend that.

Good luck. My listings have been really busy lately; hope yours have too!

I just updated my paypal account to premier(I didn't know it would be so simple) so that from now on the Buy It Now requires immediate payment. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Just remember, if you do a "Best Offer" option on a buy it now it extends the time period a buyer has to pay, if they submit an offer and you accept it.

We have nearly 200 Buy It Now listings, so it's hard to keep up on the price of things. So it allows us to stay in the game, without always rechecking prices. If an offer is submitted, we check against current listings and sales to see if it's a good offer. Only on a rare occasion has an offer been accepted and buyer not pay for the item.

It happens often enough on auction listings though.

There's one tiny, itsy problem that forced me to read your statement twice, so you might consider fixing it. Remove the comma between the words "automatically" and "on." You probably had a non-essential phrase in your head that didn't quite pan out as you were writing the statement, and you just forgot you'd put a comma in the sentence. (I do this all the time.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter