eBay- sellers, how long do you wait for a money order?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
Hi!
I'm beginning to wonder if I should change my ebay selling policy and NOT accept payment by money order!

I'm waiting for 2 auctions to be paid by MO. The buyers were prompt enough in notifying me that they would send the MO, but now I'm waiting and waiting. First Class USPS letters only take 2-3 business days so I can only assume the delay is in the buyer's getting and mailing the MO.
Additionally, one of the buyers is not responding to 3 attempts to contact her......it's been 2 weeks since she won the auction.

Wondering how long most of you wait, on average, for a money order? Do you often find money order payments to be a problem?

Hi!
I'm beginning to wonder if I should change my ebay selling policy and NOT accept payment by money order!

I'm waiting for 2 auctions to be paid by MO. The buyers were prompt enough in notifying me that they would send the MO, but now I'm waiting and waiting. First Class USPS letters only take 2-3 business days so I can only assume the delay is in the buyer's getting and mailing the MO.
Additionally, one of the buyers is not responding to 3 attempts to contact her......it's been 2 weeks since she won the auction.

Wondering how long most of you wait, on average, for a money order? Do you often find money order payments to be a problem?

I would usually wait a week before getting too concerned. Might take someone a day or two to get to a post office, or to get to a bank or wherever to purchase the money order, etc. So many people pay by paypal these days, I can't remember the last time I had to worry about it. But I would say anything over two weeks is cause for concern. I would always list in my auction terms that I expected to receive payment within two weeks.

well, with all the storms that have gone through the US and stuff maybe things have gottne slowed downa bit. I won an auction on the 13th and sent out my MO the next day. forgot to mark sent in Ebay til the 16th but have not heard one word from the seller. Didn't get an invoice or a mark saying item sent or anything. I'm still waiting.

My policy is payment must be sent within 5 days of auctions end. If it's been 2 weeks and you have tried to contact this person 3 times with no response, what I would do is send one last email with a 24 hour deadline and a threat of being reported to Ebay as a non-paying bidder. that usually gets a quick response!

My policy is payment must be sent within 5 days of auctions end. If it's been 2 weeks and you have tried to contact this person 3 times with no response, what I would do is send one last email with a 24 hour deadline and a threat of being reported to Ebay as a non-paying bidder. that usually gets a quick response!

That is exactly what I did this morning! I gave her until noon tomorrow. So far nothing from her! It's not so much the time that's passed as it is the fact that she is not responding to my messages.
:sad2:

If this second MO payment goes the same way, I am going to seriously consider not accepting MO's.

I feel your pain! I'm currently experiencing a rather large number of non-paying buyers. Like yours, a few said they'd mail payment right away, but I'm still waiting 2 weeks later. Two have said they've been out of town or busy (typical excuses) and that they would mail today....the other hasn't responded to my messages, so I filed a NPB claim today. I, too, am really tempted to make all my listings PayPal only. Too many zero feedback buyers have been hitting the Buy It Now button lately but NOT paying. It's so frustrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter