EBay questions...

BlessedMomOfTwo

Mouseketeer
I have two questions about my auctions. I am not sure how to handle these situations.

First, I have a person who won two of my auctions who wants a third item I have listed. It currently has no bids. She emailed me to ask if I would sell her that item for the same price she won one of the other auctions for (they are the same item). I do have a Buy-It-Now option on that auction but it is for $2.00 more than she wants to pay. The price she wants is the opening bid price which is what she paid for the other auction she won.

Is there any way that I can accomodate her? I am new to this, so I don't know if this can be done or if it is even allowed. I would be willing to have her buy it at the price she wants since she purchased other items. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Also, I have encountered my first person that has not paid. The auction ended on the 12th and payment was to be made within 3 days. On the 17th, I sent her an email just checking on the payment status and making sure she had received the invoice and all was well with it. I haven't had any response from her at all. She has a good feedback score with several hundreds feedback. How long would you wait to write again? I am hoping that she just overlooked it and I know that perhaps she had an emergency situation or something. Can you share how you handle these situations?

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Carol

BlessedMomOfTwo said:
I have two questions about my auctions. I am not sure how to handle these situations.

First, I have a person who won two of my auctions who wants a third item I have listed. It currently has no bids. She emailed me to ask if I would sell her that item for the same price she won one of the other auctions for (they are the same item). I do have a Buy-It-Now option on that auction but it is for $2.00 more than she wants to pay. The price she wants is the opening bid price which is what she paid for the other auction she won.

Is there any way that I can accomodate her? I am new to this, so I don't know if this can be done or if it is even allowed. I would be willing to have her buy it at the price she wants since she purchased other items. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Also, I have encountered my first person that has not paid. The auction ended on the 12th and payment was to be made within 3 days. On the 17th, I sent her an email just checking on the payment status and making sure she had received the invoice and all was well with it. I haven't had any response from her at all. She has a good feedback score with several hundreds feedback. How long would you wait to write again? I am hoping that she just overlooked it and I know that perhaps she had an emergency situation or something. Can you share how you handle these situations?

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Carol
For the non-payer I *think* after seven days you can file a non-paying bidder claim. If nothing else, it'll help you relist it.

BlessedMomOfTwo said:
I would offer her the item at the BIN price with a reduction in shipping since you will be sending all 3 items at the same time. Otherwise, you can offer to hold her other purchases until the end of the auction.

Also, I have encountered my first person that has not paid. The auction ended on the 12th and payment was to be made within 3 days.
I just have to comment that unless you require immediate payment by PayPal, 3 days is really soon to expect payment. In addition, you really can't do anything about a non-paying bidder until 7 days after the close of auction. That's why I give people the whole 7 days (and even a bit more if they contact me) for payment. Sometimes people can't get back to their account or email in just a couple of days. BUT ... in this case it's been more than 7 days already and you sent her a reminder notice so I would file a NPB on her. Some buyers just need a fire under them to pay. Good luck!

Thank you both for responding with the info on the 7-day timeframe.

Robin, Thank you for the information. First, the idea about offsetting the additional amount in the Buy-It-Now by discounting the shipping is very clever. I will see if she is interested in that.

Thanks also on the feedback on the 7 days to pay. I have stated in my listing that payment is required within 3 days of the completion of the auction. I actually had just taken that timeframe from some other auctions I looked at when I was learning how to set mine up. I hadn't thought that some people might find that timeframe too restrictive as I tend to pay right away for anything I buy so I don't forget to later. I appreciate your experienced feedback on that issue.

I will try to give her a little longer. I think she really did want the glasses as she was bidding against another seller who wanted all 3 sets I had listed. After having been thru the wringer with health issues within my family this year, I know that there have been timeframes I missed due to being at the hospital unexpectedly or just being overwhelmed and absent-minded. Life takes you away from your plans sometimes. I think I'll give her another week and then go from there.

I am wondering if the person who won doesn't pay, is it possible for me to get back in touch with the person who bought the other two sets and see if she still wants the third set? I hope that made sense.

Thanks again,
Carol

BlessedMomOfTwo said:
I am wondering if the person who won doesn't pay, is it possible for me to get back in touch with the person who bought the other two sets and see if she still wants the third set? I hope that made sense.
Absolutely! You can offer her the item at her last bid through the Second Chance offer in your seller's account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter