• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ebay question

Disneylush

DIS Veteran
I am part of the destashing thread and the debt buster thread. I decided to put these two together and list some of my old disney stuff on ebay. I havent used ebay in awhile and I know the rules have changed but here is where I need your help...

ebay now gives an estimated arrival date when you buy something??? What happened to the 3 days to pay, 3 days to get it shipped?

I sold an item on Wednesday the 9th, I shipped it on Friday the 11th, and the buyer opened a case with me because she didn't get it on Saturday the 12th when ebay said she would have it on Saturday the 12th. USPS told me she will have it by Wednesday the 16th.

I am just in shock.... educate me!

I do ebay buying a little and some selling, just about to get back into again more. I never seen it that fast for an ETA on ebay. Usually its longer.

If you look at how you list it. I know there are handling times in there you can do (unless they changed it) and based on what you picked for shipping. Here is a quote of ebay from what I am selling:

"Delivery time is estimated using our proprietary method which is based on the buyer's proximity to the item location, the shipping service selected, the seller's shipping history, and other factors. Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods."

And that was based on my local zip code.

I have something now on there and it says if someone bought it today that estimated arrival is the 18th.

You can now specify how quickly you will pack and send an item as well as how quickly that item will move once it is in the hands of the shipper. What handling time and shipping service did you select?

I am part of the destashing thread and the debt buster thread. I decided to put these two together and list some of my old disney stuff on ebay. I havent used ebay in awhile and I know the rules have changed but here is where I need your help...

ebay now gives an estimated arrival date when you buy something??? What happened to the 3 days to pay, 3 days to get it shipped?

I sold an item on Wednesday the 9th, I shipped it on Friday the 11th, and the buyer opened a case with me because she didn't get it on Saturday the 12th when ebay said she would have it on Saturday the 12th. USPS told me she will have it by Wednesday the 16th.

I am just in shock.... educate me!

Yes, ebay gives an estimated arrival time based on your specified handling time and method of shipping. So make sure your handling time is accurate (1 day, 2 days, whatever it is). Then make sure you ship the same method or better than what you specify. Don't list priority mail as the method of shipping and then ship it parcel post.

A buyer can open a case if the estimated delivery date has passed. Did the buyer send you message before opening the case? I don't think it counts against you the same way if they did not.

Now most importantly do you have a delivery confirmation number? If so do not respond to the case until it shows as DELIVERED. I think you have a week to respond. If it's in transit and you respond without a delivery confirmation number that doesn't show delivered, the buyer can escalate the case and win.

Now if you don't have a delivery confirmation number, you are going to lose the case unless the buyer is nice and cancels after they receive the item.

I am thinking about putting stuff up on ebay again as I am hurting for money. Its been a couple years since I have sold anything and I have almost 5000 positive feed-backs and started selling way back in January 1999. Is it even worth selling on there anymore?

jayally said:
I am thinking about putting stuff up on ebay again as I am hurting for money. Its been a couple years since I have sold anything and I have almost 5000 positive feed-backs and started selling way back in January 1999. Is it even worth selling on there anymore?

I've sold, and bought for years on eBay too. I love the extra money I can make selling on there, compared to having a garage sale where you little or nothing for the same things. It's worth it, it's jut be advised that there are dishonest buyers that will pull anything to get thief stuff for free ( refund)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter