ebay question - new user + awaiting payment for buy it now item

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
I don't sell on ebay a lot, so I could be confused about this, but it was my understanding that if a buyer wanted to purchase a "buy it now" item, they had to pay for it at the time of the purchase (unlike bidding on an item, where you only pay when/if you win).

So, I had listed an item as "buy it now" - and ebay says it is sold but that I am awaiting payment . . . the buyer is brand-new (just joined ebay today). My question is, do I need to do anything about getting this payment (like send an invoice) or should I assume it is being processed somewhere and will show up in my account on its own?

Unless you selected the "immediate payment required" option, only certain categories require immediate payment. eBay sends an invoice when the listing ends. I'd give it a day or two then send a polite reminder message or duplicate invoice. Two days is the soonest you can file for non-payment anyway and most buyers will pay within that time frame.

Thanks for the information. But I just tried to revise another item that I have listed, to make sure I had checked the "require immediate payment," and I don't see that option at all. Would be nice because I hate having to follow-up with people to get them to pay.

If it's a new buyer they may be setting up their PP acct, sent them an invoice and see if you get a response.

I know that my payments took several days to process when I didn't have a credit card attached to the account. Even if I "paid" right away, paypal wouldn't send the seller the money until after they'd collected it from my bank account. That can take several business days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter