Ebay question - cancelled auctions?

cuterlt

<font color=green>DH will do the laundry...when no
So, I didn't want this question to be buried in the HUGE Ebay thread, which I didn't find in the first few pages here...

here's the problem:
5 of my auctions were cancelled - I had sold these items before and didn't know it was a violation of an Ebay rule to sell them more than one at a time (gift cards). I should have known about it, but didn't. So, fair cancellation on ebay's part. I certainly wish I had known about the rule before I put the items up for bid. I have a great feedback record (no negatives or even neutrals in 5 years on ebay). I think someone may have reported it because I would not sell to them off ebay (trying to abide by ebay rules). Still, a fair cancellation on ebay's part.

Anyway, my question -
Is there a way I can contact the high bidders on those auctions to let them know I'm very sorry, that I didn't know it was a violation of ebay rules? I cannot find the cancelled auctions anywhere in My Ebay. Is there a place where that information is stored? The items all would have sold (some ended this afternoon), so I feel like I owe them an apology.

Thanks guys! I know you can help!
Lisa

From my understanding, once ebay cancels an auction you will not be able to find it on ebay anymore. I think ebay does this, just as in your case, so you can't contact those who may have bid, and make any deals outside of ebay.

Does this only apply to Gift Cards? Can someone explain to me why they made this rule? Trying to understand Ebay a little better.

WHEN was this rule put into effect? I did not know anything about it. I doubt I have ever had more than 1 going, but potential is there.

Originally posted by DianeV
I think that cancelled auctions are not in the system anymore..

I see cancelled auctions a lot, but not always.

I often put a watch on auctions, that I know are violations, just to see how long it takes before they are cancelled.
In some cases, I watch, as I try to convince my conscience that it is o.k. for me to by the pirated movie (or audio book).
The auction always ends up cancelled before I can convince myself to buy.

I have watched auctions for DVDs and MP3 Audio books, that I knew were copied (because the formats had not been produced). The reason for the cancellation always seems to state something about an error in the listing.

However, sometimes I am watching an auction, and it gets cancelled, and it just seems to go away.

I think that with the actual number, one might be able to access the auction, and see the cancellation message.

princess: Eileen

Do you still have your confirmation emails when you listed the item? The item number or link should be there, and will probably still work.

Sorcha

Thanks for the help. I'll try what you've all suggested.
I don't know when they instituted the rule about gift cards. But it's a rule apparently that you can only sell one at a time. I'm not sure why - but...that's way it goes. And from what I understand in reading the rules, you have to wait a week after your last one ended before listing another one as well.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter