• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ebay Issue

eBay doesn't require you to accept refunds, but they do require you to deliver the item as you described it. They regularly side with buyers in claims where the item is not as described.

True, but this has nothing to do with the issue I was commenting on, which is whether or not eBay requires sellers to accept returns. They do not.

True, but this has nothing to do with the issue I was commenting on, which is whether or not eBay requires sellers to accept returns. They do not.
While they allow you to state that you will not accept returns, their other policies create a de facto return requirement. That was the message conveyed by the previous poster, who acknowledged the return policy options.

It's not extortion to ask for a partial refund for a damaged item. Also this has nothing to do with USPS.
Telling someone that you will do something to injure their reputation if they don't do as you say is pretty much the definition of extortion. If the buyer were to say, hey, I'm willing to keep the damaged card if your willing to refund $10 while making no threats against the sellers reputation that would be totally fine.

Crimes committed through the mail are mail fraud, that is why it is relevant. I did look it up, crimes committed via UPS and Fed Ex are also considered mail fraud. I wouldn't expect the seller to go to the lengths of a federal case over a baseball card, I'm simply stating that the seller can play hard ball too. I think the previous posters suggestion to notify E-bay about the buyer's documented extortion attempts and to tell the seller that you are filing a insurance claim and need a photo are excellent ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter