• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ebay- I am so horrified at what someone is selling on ebay...Horrible.

I'm confused as to why this is considered stolen and not fraud. Can someone please explain before I report it.

I'm confused as to why this is considered stolen and not fraud. Can someone please explain before I report it.
I considered it stolen because the pass is issued by Guest Services. If you notice on the bottom, there is a place for the CM's name and number to be entered when the CM issues it. A customer would never be able to get a blank GAP pass without the information filled out on it. Thus, it must have been stolen from Guest Services.

It's one or ther other, if not both.

I considered it stolen because the pass is issued by Guest Services. If you notice on the bottom, there is a place for the CM's name and number to be entered when the CM issues it. A customer would never be able to get a blank GAP pass without the information filled out on it. Thus, it must have been stolen from Guest Services.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that the only way for a guest to have the ticket it would have been filled out.

I believe that some are mislead by the description (where the seller describes how (s)he reached the starting bid) to believe that it includes admission to the parks for up to 6 people
I'm confused by the seller's calculation...where did they come up with $12.50 per park? You don't have to pay for a GAC do you? And what is gonna happen to the bidder when they show up at WDW with this thing in hand? They will be lucky if they aren't thrown out of the park.

I'm confused by the seller's calculation...where did they come up with $12.50 per park? You don't have to pay for a GAC do you? And what is gonna happen to the bidder when they show up at WDW with this thing in hand? They will be lucky if they aren't thrown out of the park.

no you don't pay for a GAC, that is why I think his explanation is very misleading.
Perhaps he/she was trying to compare it to Q-bot and other fast pass type systems that one has to pay for, but IMHO his comparison is just vague enough to mislead people into believing it includes admission.

If that's the seller I think it is, it's a CM doing it.

Totally and completely disgusting! and because the world is such a huge place the seller knows, no big deal - and $510 in his pocket!

shame.

I know Disney is asking to see ID before reissuing GAC's - does this GAC have a username on it, or was it "stollen" from Guest Services?!

no you don't pay for a GAC, that is why I think his explanation is very misleading.
Perhaps he/she was trying to compare it to Q-bot and other fast pass type systems that one has to pay for, but IMHO his comparison is just vague enough to mislead people into believing it includes admission.
I absolutely agree that this listing is misleading. I wish there were some way to alert the bidders of what they are really bidding on.

Any answer to my question--what if I win it and then decline to purchase due to misleading statements in his description? I've registered at ebay.....

Any answer to my question--what if I win it and then decline to purchase due to misleading statements in his description? I've registered at ebay.....

It's still out there...but then again, they would probably just put it back up for auction again.

That is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen posted on Ebay-& for over $400???? :scared:

Has anyone reported this auction to Ebay yet? They don't even mention in the description that it's supposed to be for someone with a disability.

I think all taht can happen is you could recieve a non paying bidder strike. If you use your ebay account often I wouldn't do it. If you want to register another ebay account, then go for it :thumbsup2

And the seller could just do a "second chance offer" to the person that was the second highest bidder. I cannot believe anyone would ever think it was worth hundreds of dollars to be able to wait in shorter lines, regardless if it was ethical, moral, legal, etc. My time isn't worth that much :)

And the seller could just do a "second chance offer" to the person that was the second highest bidder. I cannot believe anyone would ever think it was worth hundreds of dollars to be able to wait in shorter lines, regardless if it was ethical, moral, legal, etc. My time isn't worth that much :)

But if you win is it possible to email the next highest bidder to alert them of the fraud?

I also got an e mail response from both ebay and Disney piracy division after reporting it to them. Atleast they know.
I have not seen what happened to auction so I'll take a look now. Maybe they stopped it???

If you take the sellers name and spell it backwards, you get Walter E. Disney

hmmmmm

IT IS UP TO $535!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE The $%^&%^ THAT IS bidding???

You know I looked at that sellers name and saw "LAW" but just did not "reverse it" interesting indeed.
If it is an employee wouldn't THAT be interesting! If they stole it they should be charged and if they ship it out of their state, isn't that a FEDERAL offense????

Looks like a BIDDING war too, just NUTS!!!

I hope Disney officials are watching will take action against the seller. (I also reported the auction to Disney and Ebay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter