• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ebay help, selling airfare credit

When selling an item using Paypal, you must have confirmation of delivery (which in this case you obviously wouldn't have). This also goes for items being collected in person. The best thing to do is to send some type of confirmation through the post (like a receipt), with delivery confirmation. That way, you can prove delivery to Paypal (although I'd avoid selling this type of item on eBay altogether).

I sold my credits on Craigslist. Within an hour of posting my ad I had an offer, which I accepted. He paid me via PayPal, and I emailed him my name and confirmation number. He got a great deal, and I didn't have to deal with the eBay fees, which I was leary of. Originally I was thinking it might take awhile, since Craigslist is regional and I was worried about not getting a wide enough audience, but that turned out not to be the case.

maybe I just got very lucky:confused3

Yes, very lucky.

I've sold SW credits on ebay before. I wonder what the difference is now. They are transferable.

Ebay started cracking down on SWA voucher sales 4 or 5 years ago. I had winning bids on 2 different auctions and before I could pay, Ebay cancelled the auctions and instructed me not to pay. Boy was I bummed!!!

A few months later I acutally had $90 in credits left over and listed an auction and it was shut down within 10 hrs and I received a nasty gram from Ebay warning me not to list anymore auctions of this nature.

With the millions of auctions running at any given time they can't catch them all...so some people luck out. The key is to give them away "free" when the bidder wins the drink coupon books.

I'm waiting for them to catch on to the AAA parking passes for WDW as they clearly are not transferable and can not be sold but I have seen lot's of auctions for them.

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your ended auction.

We carefully reviewed your listing and found that we took the correct
action. Your listing was removed because it violated the eBay Travel
policy. I'd like to explain this policy.

In regard to listing a voucher, part of the policy states:

"the seller may play no role in arranging any travel other than
delivering the item."

If the airline voucher you would like to list requires more from the
seller than simply delivering it, then unfortunately it is not permitted
on the eBay site.

The Southwest Paperless/ticketless and electronic rewards are not
permitted to be listed on the site because Southwest requires the owner
of the paperless/ticketless or electronic voucher to make the initial
reservation. Listing these on eBay either as the actual item or as a
bonus is in violation of our individual sellers policy.

In addition, Southwest policy on rapid rewards and drink coupons state
the following:

Rapid Rewards Awards are transferable; however, the Awards and Drink
Coupon Books have no cash value and are void if sold, purchased,
brokered, or bartered. All transactions in the Rapid Rewards program are
subject to review and adjustment by Southwest Airlines. Southwest
Airlines will cancel your account, Awards, and any associated
reservations if misuse or violation of Rapid Rewards rules is detected.

Airlines are no longer honoring the vouchers if and when they find out
they were sold, brokered or bartered. Our policy clearly states that the
vouchers need to be accepted by the issuing provider of travel services.
Due to the changes in the airlines policy, this is no longer happening.

The Southwest Paperless/ticketless and electronic rewards are not
permitted to be listed on the site or given away as they are in direct
violation of our travel policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter