Ebay - fed up , annoyed, now I'm out of pocket

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi Guys

I am so fed up.

I sold 4 pairs of shoes last week.

1 person wants to canel the bid as they bid by mistake (I mentioned this earier)

1 person has not paid and I've opened a case on them

Now 1 person is rude and demanding a refund stating I had worn the shoes and I have not (they'd been in the back of my wardrobe for 4 yrs)

So I'm sending the refund - dont want anymore rude emails -but I feel so annoyed as I feel like I've been taken for a ride - they have got a pair of clarks shoes for nout.

I wish I had not bothered and taken them to a charity shop.

Sorry for the rant

Make them send the shoes back and then they can have their refund!! x

Yes Helen I agree, make them send the shoes back first and then give them a refund. I have had loads of people try this on with me and as soon as I say ok no problem send them back for a refund, they most often come back and say No its ok, I will keep them anyway.:confused3

Ebay has gone to the dogs, and its small sellers like us that are being punished.

To be honest the shoes dont really fit me

For a quiet life I said I'll post a cheque to them and they can keep the shoes

I was being polite - I would have loved to have tell them where they could keep them:rolleyes1

I just dont like the hassel and rudeness of some people

I would never do anything like that - My mum would of killed me if i did

I know all about eBay stress.:rolleyes1 I would ask them to send the shoes back and then issue a full refund. I think some people like complaining for the sake of it. The hassle of wrapping the shoes and posting them back to you might make her change her mind and suddenly think they are ok. If a bidder bids the wrong amount and then retracts their bid, eBay rules state that they should bid again, entering the right amount. You can report them for this.
Be careful with your non-paying bidder as they can still leave you negative feedback.

Ebay is so unfair to small sellers.

Just to add to the rant. I have had a non paying bidder. While I got fees refunded I cannot put up a negative feedback to warn other sellers :confused3

Even though you have said you will post a refund and let them keep the shoes I would still mail them, and say you have sought advice as this is the first time you have had any complaints and the result is that you would like them to return the shoes before a refund is issued.
You are probably right that they are trying it on, and if they are genuinly unhappy with the shoes they will send them back.
Don't let them get away with it.

If they paid by Paypal, refund through that otherwise they can still claim back through them even if you refunded by cheque. If they didn't I wouldn't refund as they have no comeback apart from feedback but if you haven't been buying/selling for long then set up a new account if they neg you.

I would make them return them before refunding, thats what Paypal insist on anyway

Even though you have said you will post a refund and let them keep the shoes I would still mail them, and say you have sought advice as this is the first time you have had any complaints and the result is that you would like them to return the shoes before a refund is issued.
You are probably right that they are trying it on, and if they are genuinly unhappy with the shoes they will send them back.
Don't let them get away with it.

Hmmm I tried to refund via paypal but the bal on my account is 0 and I need to add funds. I thought they would just be able to take it off my cc like any other payment. But it would not work. I dont want to give paypal access to my bank account as 2 yrs ago they took £180 out and it took ages for them to refund it (it was a fraudulent transaction)

If I remove the CC from the account can they still refund it? Also How can I pay my ebay fees without paypal - anyone know?:headache:

I used to sell on Ebay privately and for business. Too much hassle, in the end I gave up. Rarely sell anything on it now.
One of worst was selling a Sony digi cam to a English person living in Italy. Cost £300+ incl extra lenses, adapters, cases spare battery+ more about 2 year old, like new incl manual + box. The buyer complained and Paypal withheld money because it didn't have a memory card. Don't know about now but Sony cams did not come with a mem card when new. I eventually got my £50(less fees) but so much hassle.

Hmmm I tried to refund via paypal but the bal on my account is 0 and I need to add funds. I thought they would just be able to take it off my cc like any other payment. But it would not work. I dont want to give paypal access to my bank account as 2 yrs ago they took £180 out and it took ages for them to refund it (it was a fraudulent transaction)

If I remove the CC from the account can they still refund it? Also How can I pay my ebay fees without paypal - anyone know?:headache:

If they paid by paypal, there should be an option to refund next to their transaction. I would stall them by asking them to return the shoes to you. If they open a paypal dispute, they will be asked to do that anyway and will need to pay the return postage themselves.

If you refund them by sending money instead of 'refund', I think the buyer will pay a fee and be more likely to give you negative feedback. I had someone make a minor complaint about a pair of shoes once (they had paid £1.64). I offered a full refund if they wished to return them and was very sorry that they were disappointed. They declined the refund and said that they just wanted to point out the so-called fault. They left me positive feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter